Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Free Agent List - OFFENSE
Sign:
PAUL RICHARDSON WR - probably get him for a solid price hes young alot of talent. GREAT hands and can take the top off. Here he flourishes.
ZACH FULTON C - Hes 26, was rated top 5 center middle of last year. Alot of upside but most importantly hes alot better than bodine.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 11:38 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Sign:
PAUL RICHARDSON WR - probably get him for a solid price hes young alot of talent.  GREAT hands and can take the top off.  Here he flourishes.  
ZACH FULTON C - Hes 26, was rated top 5 center middle of last year.  Alot of upside but most importantly hes alot better than bodine.

Would love this FA, good job picking Fulton out of there. Be much better than Richburg, maybe not as good at Jensen but like
you said a major upgrade over Bodine. Always liked Richardson when i saw him play, i like Marquis Lee better but not by much.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 01:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah while we don't need bodys at WR  upgrade can be made... Would love Landry...  (some call him a dirty player so that fits our perceived scheme too)

(01-31-2018, 01:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes sir.  I'd be all for cutting some bait to get a guy like Landry.

Jarvis Landry is a stud WR, can play all the spots and is a good returner too.

Just need to get an O-lineman is all i can say and the rest is gravy.
Reply/Quote
If they shored up the oline and managed to add Jarvis Landry in the process omg but let’s stop dreaming
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 11:38 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Sign:
PAUL RICHARDSON WR - probably get him for a solid price hes young alot of talent.  GREAT hands and can take the top off.  Here he flourishes.  
ZACH FULTON C - Hes 26, was rated top 5 center middle of last year.  Alot of upside but most importantly hes alot better than bodine.

The addition of Zach Fulton would be such a great news for the entire offense, one of the best in the league! 

Paul Richardson can also be a good option[Image: arrow-10x10.png], a bit simmilar style than John Ross (if he can stay healthy). Will be interesting, i like the idea! 
[Image: aj_green_by_augizt-d46yv55.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 07:06 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: If they shored up the oline and managed to add Jarvis Landry in the process omg but let’s stop dreaming

Sucks it is just a dream.

If i was the owner i would grab Nate Solder, Jarvis Landry in FA and bring back Andre Smith.

Draft Roquan Smith or Edmunds in the first and best available Center in the 2nd whether it is Ragnow, Price or Daniels.
Reply/Quote
Out of the offensive FA's I see us actually looking at Byron Bell. He's played under our new Oline Coach knows his system and would be a nice replacement for Andre Smith. He's played both tackle spots and would be a nice get IMHO. I see us drafting heavily though on lineman.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:28 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Out of the offensive FA's I see us actually looking at Byron Bell. He's played under our new Oline Coach knows his system and would be a nice replacement for Andre Smith. He's played both tackle spots and would be a nice get IMHO. I see us drafting heavily though on lineman.

Sure hoping so. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:28 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Out of the offensive FA's I see us actually looking at Byron Bell. He's played under our new Oline Coach knows his system and would be a nice replacement for Andre Smith. He's played both tackle spots and would be a nice get IMHO. I see us drafting heavily though on lineman.

Probably be an upgrade over Andre at RT. All for this, just would rather get a LT to take Og's place but i guess like you say if
we draft Lineman heavily we can draft McGlinchey and Ragnow/Price/Daniels in the 2nd.

McGlinchey - Boling - Ragnow - Westerman/Redmond - Bell
Reply/Quote
Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:Probably be an upgrade over Andre at RT. All for this, just would rather get a LT to take Og's place but i guess like you say if
we draft Lineman heavily we can draft McGlinchey and Ragnow/Price/Daniels in the 2nd.

McGlinchey - Boling - Ragnow - Westerman/Redmond - Bell

This here is the right approach.  Though there aren't many stellar tackles, there are a few fringe types to pick from.  It would be nice to use the angle of one of Pollack's guys, though Bell only started two of the 12 games he was active for.  He has experience in the system and on both sides, so he seems ideal for Cincy's likely price point.  That's important for being able to take the best OL, if it's McGlinchey over a lesser prospect just because they're a LT.  It also seems like the LT prospects in general are raw, so we will need to have a good stopgap at LT.  

The two other things to aim for is Boling playing his natural position, and having enough talent for the two that played well late to have to compete for ONE job.  I'd like to be a fly on the wall to know if they'd consider Westerman a serious option at Center.  We talk about it, but if that was the case it would allow them to take best OL overall in the 2nd (say Hernandez somehow falls) rather than a true center for need.  

Because of this, the other Pollack guy to look at is Joe Looney.  Johnathan Cooper and Bell will likely get contacts that will offset a potential comp pick.  As a versatile sub interior OL, Looney should be on the same pay grade as a guy like Minter or Sims going elsewhere.  He'd be a nice stopgap as a sub to free up some of the younger guys to play at their best positions.  Not a major upgrade from T.J., but it's those sort of little moves that could help free up the bigger ones.  We can't get away from the comp pick issue though.  You know Mikey has a bitter taste in his mouth from not getting the McCarron deal done.  He will want to land that 3rd that he will likely fetch, so I expect cut FA's and trades to be on the forefront of the agenda.  After that, Bell may be an ideal guy.     
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:57 AM)phil413 Wrote: This here is the right approach.  Though there aren't many stellar tackles, there are a few fringe types to pick from.  It would be nice to use the angle of one of Pollack's guys, though Bell only started two of the 12 games he was active for.  He has experience in the system and on both sides, so he seems ideal for Cincy's likely price point.  That's important for being able to take the best OL, if it's McGlinchey over a lesser prospect just because they're a LT.  It also seems like the LT prospects in general are raw, so we will need to have a good stopgap at LT.  

The two other things to aim for is Boling playing his natural position, and having enough talent for the two that played well late to have to compete for ONE job.  I'd like to be a fly on the wall to know if they'd consider Westerman a serious option at Center.  We talk about it, but if that was the case it would allow them to take best OL overall in the 2nd (say Hernandez somehow falls) rather than a true center for need.  

Because of this, the other Pollack guy to look at is Joe Looney.  Johnathan Cooper and Bell will likely get contacts that will offset a potential comp pick.  As a versatile sub interior OL, Looney should be on the same pay grade as a guy like Minter or Sims going elsewhere.  He'd be a nice stopgap as a sub to free up some of the younger guys to play at their best positions.  Not a major upgrade from T.J., but it's those sort of little moves that could help free up the bigger ones.  We can't get away from the comp pick issue though.  You know Mikey has a bitter taste in his mouth from not getting the McCarron deal done.  He will want to land that 3rd that he will likely fetch, so I expect cut FA's and trades to be on the forefront of the agenda.  After that, Bell may be an ideal guy.     

Great post Phil, some great thoughts here. I like your thought on Westerman at Center. He was projected to play Center,
not just Guard and he is a very good pass blocker unlike Bodine. Boling at LT should also be in the cards even if it is not
his natural position, he sure looked really good against the Ravens and we all know they have very good pass rushers.

Looney isn't completely looney either lol

With Pollack we might not be as bad off as we all think. Getting Bell and Looney would help big time and they would not
cost tons so it is not unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lots of players would help us on this list. As Ocho has said before, Norwell will probably command too much money for us as
he is the best Guard out there according to most. Jonathan Cooper, Oday Aboushi, Billy Turner are all young and would be
cheaper if we want a Guard in FA. Joeckel might be spendy but would really like him.

Jensen is the best Center but i bet he is re-signed by the Ravens. Richburg is not very physical or nasty. Think we should go
the draft for Center with our 2nd pick.

Of course i would like Nate Solder, Justin Pugh, Cameron Fleming, Chris Hubbard or Seantrel Henderson if we go OT in FA.

Lots of good WR's, Landry is the best in my opinion and if Ross cannot stay healthy would immediately open it up for AJ here.

Also like Marquis Lee, Allen Robinson, Paul Richardson and many more WR's on this list.
Bro joekel is trash. That comment caused u to lose all credibility
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 10:25 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bro joekel is trash.  That comment caused u to lose all credibility

He wasn't in college, there is a reason he was an early pick.

But you are right, looking at what he has done in the NFL i don't want him now.

Guard really isn't our biggest problem anyways, need a Center or OT in FA.

BTW, don't talk about my credibility bro. I was just throwing some names out there.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Norwell off the market. 5 years, $66 mill with $30 mill guaranteed to play for JAX.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/andrew-norwell-intends-to-sign-with-jaguars/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Case Keenum signing with Broncos.
Sammy Watkins signing with Chiefs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Andrew Norwell off the market. 5 years, $66 mill with $30 mill guaranteed to play for JAX.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/andrew-norwell-intends-to-sign-with-jaguars/

Jaguars are just getting better, gonna be even tougher next year.

Just happy we got Cordy Glenn, that was a nice move. As you said Ocho, Norwell was too spendy for us.
Reply/Quote
Ryan Jensen off the market. 4 years, $42 mill. $22 mill guaranteed. Holy moly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sullivan back to Rams. 2 years, $15 mill.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ryan Jensen off the market. 4 years, $42 mill. $22 mill guaranteed. Holy moly.

Bucs gonna Buc, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ryan Jensen off the market. 4 years, $42 mill. $22 mill guaranteed. Holy moly.

Atleast he isn't on the Ravens anymore. Kind of surprised they let him test the market. Mellow
Reply/Quote