Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 HC Vacancies........
(12-26-2017, 04:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: After 2010, I thought nothing could surprise me with this team anymore.  Marvin Lewis being re-signed for the 2018 season would fry my ***** mind.  I don't know how they possibly keep him at this point.  I genuinely don't.  

Nevermind the shit show that was these last two seasons.  Judging by the comments made by Green and other players after the Schefter report, there is absolutely no way Marvin hasn't completely lost the locker room by this point.  They're being lied to, they're not being given the full story, or their coach doesn't have the decency to give them a heads up.  No matter how you spin it, the player bridge is on fire.    

Then there's the matter of game attendance.  If there is one thing that Mike Brown actually gives a shit about in this whole mess, it's diminishing profits.  If the hilariously empty stadium on Sunday is any indication, he's losing money.  Apathy has set in, and fans aren't showing up anymore.  If Mike Brown genuinely believes that re-signing Marvin Lewis will get fans back into Paul Brown Stadium, then he needs to be tested for dementia.  Point blank.  The fan bridge has been burned.  Bringing Marvin back is just pissing on the ashes.
Agree, last Sunday the stadium looked 7/8 empty. If he brings back Merv,  you can bet the stadium will stay that way next season.
Reply/Quote
Financially Mike Brown can't afford to bring him back......now lets see who will come here for the cheapest amount of $$$$$

Also looks like Bruce Arians is out in Arizona....
"Hub Arkush of Pro Football Weekly which said Arians and the Cardinals “will agree to part ways” after the season"
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 04:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Agree, last Sunday the stadium looked 7/8 empty. If he brings back Merv,  you can bet the stadium will stay that way next season.

It was far from packed but 7/8’s empty it wasn’t. & the crowd that was there was loud & into the game.

I just think there may be several factors some of us aren’t or haven’t considered; a big one being, what about Burfict?

I know that it’s widely believed that Marvin has lost this team, but I disagree. That was the belief in 2006/07, 2010 & now. If he’d lost the team at any of these points, they wouldn’t have played to win and/or played to win against Detroit.

I think Marvin has more respect around the league, with people in the know, than we think or believe. I do think it’s time to move on, but I also realize that he may just be the best guy for the job here. That may be an unfortunate circumstance, but such is the life of Bengaldom.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 04:47 PM)corpjet Wrote: Financially Mike Brown can't afford to bring him back......now lets see who will come here for the cheapest amount of $$$$$

Also looks like Bruce Arians is out in Arizona....
"Hub Arkush of Pro Football Weekly which said Arians and the Cardinals “will agree to part ways” after the season"

Would love for Arians to come here.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Too many journalists from too many well respected outlets reporting that Marvin isn’t coming back. That had to come from somewhere. I doubt Mike Brown or Katie let that slip, given how little they interface with the media.

So, regardless of Marvin’s protestations, it had to come from him. He can feign ignorance, but I’m totally convinced he’s the source of all of these reports he was leaving. Add to that, NO COACHES have a contract after this season. Sounds like a housecleaning to me.

We haven’t heard any current player come to Marvin’s defense. We’ve heard from other coaches and other players come to his defense. But, no one on this current roster has. That’s telling in and of itself.

The only question is, who’s the next HC. Someone is telling the media the Bengals are interested in a reunion with Gruden. Someone reached out to him to have that hit the same reliable news sources.

Personally, I doubt seriously Mike Brown will trade a draft pick for any HC. So, if Hue or Jay aren’t fired, (which it doesn’t sound like they’re going to be), that leaves a whole lot of other possibilities. At least the news out there shows the Bengals are being pro-active with the coaching search rather than reactive.
Reply/Quote
How about Cris Collinsworth,or Boomer?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:30 PM)firstand10 Wrote: How about Cris Collinsworth,or Boomer?

Never going to happen, nor should it.

These two ridicule the management, so they are not even on the list I would imagine.

Aside, they've never coached, why now?

Lapham would be the best choice if we were going to just pick anyone randomly and I am not sure he has the experience (not that will stop this trainwreck from happening).

I still hold hope Josh McDaniels is considered.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just read that Vance Joseph might be done in Denver already. I know he was the flavor of the week for HC here the last couple of years.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 04:57 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Would love for Arians to come here.

Maybe as offensive coordinator...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think this coaching search is going to take awhile. MIke Brown is methodical. And, until the SB is finished, we won’t know who he might be targeting from those staffs.

The downside there, if he’s enamored with Guenther, his choice becomes easy and there are no delays. Personally, I believe that’s a big mistake.

I still like Shurmur, but really like Frank Reich. I would love to give Josh Daniels another shot. But, I don’t know if Mike Brown would give him enough control to make him come here.

Should be interesting!
Reply/Quote
I might have to be a Bears fan. They signed Matt Nagy to be HC today. He was my choice to replace Marv.
Reply/Quote