Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 HC Vacancies........
(11-15-2017, 07:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well there is that rumor, Arians himself said last week they are completely false.

As much as I would like it to be true, I wouldn’t put Cincy on the definite list yet.

Here’s PFT’s article on this subject from today:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/15/over-under-on-coaching-vacancies-this-year-7-5/

He's had health issues in the past few years, plus it depends on what the roster does because Palmer looks like he might be done and Fitzgerald has made public that he doesn't care to stick around for another round of the post-Warner style carousel of busts and bums.  Anything can happen, but it seems like the whole Arians/Palmer/Fitzgerald trio has banded itself together since 2013 and the Cardinals may be in for a full reboot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why would you want him back? Their offense is terrible and their defense has drastically underperformed.

Maybe as a position coach, but not a HC.

Marvins coaching tree isn't great at all. (Zimmer was with Parcells for years before he came here.)

Their offense has been terrible since 2015 when Manning got hurt/last season. I would say the biggest reason why their defense isn't playing as well as it was last year is because their DC left. Vance can only do so much, and I wouldn't mind seeing him as our HC next season if he gets canned in Denver this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:54 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Their offense has been terrible since 2015 when Manning got hurt/last season. I would say the biggest reason why their defense isn't playing as well as it was last year is because their DC left. Vance can only do so much, and I wouldn't mind seeing him as our HC next season if he gets canned in Denver this season.

Right...so seeing as he can't do it in Denver with actual qualified management...what makes you think he will come here and overcome obstacles as our HC?

A HC here will have likely more obstacles than any coaching position in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 08:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If Denver fires Vance I kinda hope we can get him back.

As a DB coach? His defense was underwhelming at Miami and he isn’t a good Head Coach
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:50 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: From a fan's perspective not much but the coach more than likely has a family to feed.

As far as job security goes the Bengals are probably the best choice.

Agreed. The Bengals and Giants will probably be the best jobs. And Bengals probably have the lead because they have Tobin in place.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 11:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Right...so seeing as he can't do it in Denver with actual qualified management...what makes you think he will come here and overcome obstacles as our HC?

A HC here will have likely more obstacles than any coaching position in the NFL.

Please no to Vance Joseph, no more defensive HC's this time around....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 07:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well there is that rumor, Arians himself said last week they are completely false.

As much as I would like it to be true, I wouldn’t put Cincy on the definite list yet.

Here’s PFT’s article on this subject from today:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/15/over-under-on-coaching-vacancies-this-year-7-5/

Technically as of this moment it is definite, we do not have a head coach for 2018.  Lewis is a lame duck therefore we do have a head coaching vacancy for next year.  Granted it may be filled with its current occupant but until that happens we have an opening.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I still think Katie Blackburn might be the coach if not her then Jeff fisher
Reply/Quote
I can see Marvin taking his 0'fer existence to Tampa Bay for continued futility.

Mikey Boy will hire scraps from a pit toilet.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:36 PM)corpjet Wrote: This year more HC jobs may be open than in past years......anyone you would add to this list......

Def Openings

Cleveland
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Tampa Bay

Strong Maybes
Baltimore
Chicago
Denver
New York Football Giants

Maybe
New York Jets

Retiring
Arizona (Bruce Arians)

Any opening you would add or change?

I cant see Bowles getting fired. The Jets are playing good football for a team with limited talent. Its kind of like the complete opposite of here.
Reply/Quote
I hope you realize that its more probable that Marvin will get resigned rather then we let him go.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 02:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I hope you realize that its more probable that Marvin will get resigned rather then we let him go.

I really don’t think so this time. Marvin seems to be doing really un-Marvin things lately like publicly lashing out at players (Ross & Mixon). I think he knows this is it.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:50 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: From a fan's perspective not much but the coach more than likely has a family to feed.

Excellent point.  You get the job here, you get fifteen years whether you deserve to or not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

A great point that makes me feel better about some of these younger coaches wanting to come here.

Nagy, Lafleur, Peterson. One of these guys sounds ideal to me.
Reply/Quote
Is it too soon to add Dallas to this list?

Does Denver move from a maybe to a given with this last episode..
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21533397/denver-broncos-heated-practice-thanksgiving-day-release-cornerback-lorenzo-doss-being-late
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Why is Marvin a definite to leave??? I would actually be somewhat surprised if he is gone at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 01:12 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Why is Marvin a definite to leave??? I would actually be somewhat surprised if he is gone at the end of the year.

I disagree.

From watching Marvin's press conferences of late I think even he knows he's done in Cincy.

Edit: Random thought after reading the Bengals.com article about Hue and Marvin. Wouldn't it be funny if Marvin wad in Cleveland next season as the DC? lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 04:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really don’t think so this time. Marvin seems to be doing really un-Marvin things lately like publicly lashing out at players (Ross & Mixon). I think he knows this is it.

The Browns win will put us at 5-6. 

We're likely to finish with a 7-9 record at least. 

I can't picture Mike firing a coach after a 7-9 season when 4-12 + 10 straight L's (in a season where we had SB aspirations) didn't get it done.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Browns win will put us at 5-6. 

We're likely to finish with a 7-9 record at least. 

I can't picture Mike firing a coach after a 7-9 season when 4-12 + 10 straight L's (in a season where we had SB aspirations) didn't get it done.

Pretty much my thoughts. I think we'll end up with 6 or 7 wins, Marvin will blame the slow start on assistants and players. Mike will shake his head and give him 'one more chance' and we'll end up with a very similar show next year. Because even if Marvin throws assistants under the bus and makes a change or two, it's going to take that staff a season to make any changes.

Unless Mike is just completely fed up with 'one more chance I don't expect a HC change because I don't think Mike wants to wait the 2-3 seasons it's likely to take to get back to where we were... so he clings onto the hope that Marvin can patch it up.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 02:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much my thoughts. I think we'll end up with 6 or 7 wins, Marvin will blame the slow start on assistants and players. Mike will shake his head and give him 'one more chance' and we'll end up with a very similar show next year. Because even if Marvin throws assistants under the bus and makes a change or two, it's going to take that staff a season to make any changes.

Unless Mike is just completely fed up with 'one more chance I don't expect a HC change because I don't think Mike wants to wait the 2-3 seasons it's likely to take to get back to where we were... so he clings onto the hope that Marvin can patch it up.

If Marvin had another year on his contract I would bet the house he's staying.

Since he does not he's gone like a soldier in the civil war bang bang (Montgomery Gentry song for those not familiar)  Rock On
Reply/Quote