Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 15
Hey - We're not last! Actually the Vikings, Raiders, Dolphins, and Cardinals are worse than us!

Of note, they had us ranked 24th after week 12.

The commentary:
With a ranking like this, it should come as no surprise that there has been little standout play on the Bengals line. Clint Boling has been a stalwart up front, but a move to tackle of late has torpedoed his overall grade. In those two weeks at left tackle, he earned overall game grades of 69.1 and 49.3.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-15
Reply/Quote
Yikes! Makes all the more sense to get a QB in Rd 1...... j/k
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yikes! Makes all the more sense to get a QB in Rd 1...... j/k

/looks at chargers.

:andy:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hey - We're not last! Actually the Vikings, Raiders, Dolphins, and Cardinals are worse than us!

Of note, they had us ranked 24th after week 12.

The commentary:
With a ranking like this, it should come as no surprise that there has been little standout play on the Bengals line. Clint Boling has been a stalwart up front, but a move to tackle of late has torpedoed his overall grade. In those two weeks at left tackle, he earned overall game grades of 69.1 and 49.3.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-15

These horrid OL ranking belong squarely on Mike Brown's shoulders who sent our two best OLmen off to other teams for nothing in return and never bothered to see that they were replaced with competent players.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: These horrid OL ranking belong squarely on Mike Brown's shoulders who sent our two best OLmen off to other teams for nothing in return and never bothered to see that they were replaced with competent players.

True, kind of hard to blame Pollack for this with these players too. Definately better run blocking this year in just his
first year coaching this shit sandwich. Need to add a Tackle and a Right Guard that are competent.
Reply/Quote
We still have a very talented football team when everyone is healthy.And I believe our defense is going to be OK.I think we should go all out on the offensive line this offseason through the Draft and free agency.If I owned this team,and were really serious about winning,it would be all about building an elite offensive line.Yes there are other issues that need to be addressed,but my absolute top priority,Including my first round pick,would be Offensive Line.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, kind of hard to blame Pollack for this with these players too. Definately better run blocking this year in just his
first year coaching this shit sandwich. Need to add a Tackle and a Right Guard that are competent.

Make that a shit sandwich with extra onions..  Let's just hope that they take stocking the OL personnel as a serious thing, this time around.  You simply cannot build a dominating unit, out of players that would likely be backups on most teams.  I mean, you can "hide" one subpar player in a unit of 5, but you're not going to get past 3 huge blemishes, all glaring for the world to see.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Notes the guys we got rid of are the first and second highest rated players on their respective teams.

[Image: sad_busey.gif]

Where's the bleach

Reply/Quote
If we could get into the teens or early 20s next season at Offensive line then I would be happy. Hopefully they draft 2 tackles and put Westerman at guard.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, kind of hard to blame Pollack for this with these players too. Definately better run blocking this year in just his

It's kind of interesting that last season everyone was talking about how the Vikings got 5 new starters and drafted a Center and were what 13-3. Well, this year that offensive line is worse than ours.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:11 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: We still have a very talented football team when everyone is healthy.And I believe our defense is going to be OK.I think we should go all out on the offensive line this offseason through the Draft and free agency.If I owned this team,and were really serious about winning,it would be all about building an elite offensive line.Yes there are other issues that need to be addressed,but my absolute top priority,Including my first round pick,would be Offensive Line.

Every team in the NFL has talent...it's just what level.

Teams have injuries too. The Chargers lost Gordon and Keenan Allen and are still winning.

But, I agree...Offensive Line needs fixed.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:11 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: We still have a very talented football team when everyone is healthy.And I believe our defense is going to be OK.I think we should go all out on the offensive line this offseason through the Draft and free agency.If I owned this team,and were really serious about winning,it would be all about building an elite offensive line.Yes there are other issues that need to be addressed,but my absolute top priority,Including my first round pick,would be Offensive Line.

Definately agree, just want us to also look at a gamechanging LB'er early, but most definately i want them to go
all out in trying to build an elite O-Line. This would be the best and easiest way to become a contender.

It all starts in the trenches.

(12-18-2018, 04:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Make that a shit sandwich with extra onions..  Let's just hope that they take stocking the OL personnel as a serious thing, this time around.  You simply cannot build a dominating unit, out of players that would likely be backups on most teams.  I mean, you can "hide" one subpar player in a unit of 5, but you're not going to get past 3 huge blemishes, all glaring for the world to see.

Yes, have to take it real serious this Offseason to make the jump. A coach can only do so much with shitty players.

I like your plan of adding either a Tackle or Right Guard in FA, then early in the 2nd round add the other one.

If we can get a gamechanging LB'er while adding these two positions, things should be night and day next year.

TE is deep, we can get a good one in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's kind of interesting that last season everyone was talking about how the Vikings got 5 new starters and drafted a Center and were what 13-3. Well, this year that offensive line is worse than ours.

Didn't the Vikes have some bad injuries early this year on that O-line?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If we could get into the teens or early 20s next season at Offensive line then I would be happy. Hopefully they draft 2 tackles and put Westerman at guard.

We're projected to be around 11-12 now. Dalton Risner who is an OT is projected to go around there. I think we need to get that Tackle in that scenario.

He's good in pass protection and a mauler in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: These horrid OL ranking belong squarely on Mike Brown's shoulders who sent our two best OLmen off to other teams for nothing in return and never bothered to see that they were replaced with competent players.

What do you mean? They got a 3rd round comp pick for Zeitler and a 5th round comp pick for Whitworth!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately agree, just want us to also look at a gamechanging LB'er early, but most definately i want them to go
all out in trying to build an elite O-Line. This would be the best and easiest way to become a contender.

It all starts in the trenches.

Yes, have to take it real serious this Offseason to make the jump. A coach can only do so much with shitty players.

I like your plan of adding either a Tackle or Right Guard in FA, then early in the 2nd round add the other one.

If we can get a gamechanging LB'er while adding these two positions, things should be night and day next year.

TE is deep, we can get a good one in the mid rounds.

There really aren't any standout players in FA for OT or RG. The best the Bengals can probably do is Daryl Williams or Andre Smith at RT, draft a RG on Day 1 or Day 2, and draft a mid-round OT to groom.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The plan should be to draft LB in the first round and then tackle in the second while adding a guard in FA. But with our luck they will take a corner or tight end in the first round.
Reply/Quote
Looks like we will be drafting WR AJ from Ole Miss.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If we could get into the teens or early 20s next season at Offensive line then I would be happy. Hopefully they draft 2 tackles and put Westerman at guard.

Sorry, but that just ain't gonna cut it.  They really need to set the bar higher, when it comes to OL play.  Top 10 unit is what it's going to take, in order to get this team where we would like it to be.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No but seriously we need to draft a highly coveted LB like Devon White over a middle ranking o lineman.
Reply/Quote