Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 15
This draft should be mostly O-line and linebacker both of these groups need so much help.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If we could get into the teens or early 20s next season at Offensive line then I would be happy. Hopefully they draft 2 tackles and put Westerman at guard.

Happy being mediocre? Remind me to never hire you as coach or GM.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 05:19 PM)mon4078 Wrote: This draft should be mostly O-line and linebacker both of these groups need so much help.

Realistically...your 1st 3 Round picks are the ones that are capable of starting. We'll be lucky if 1 starts day 1.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 05:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Realistically...your 1st 3 Round picks are the ones that are capable of starting. We'll be lucky if 1 starts day 1.

I know but this team needs to build depth and the back ups we have don't seem to be up to the task. We know that they won't do much in free agency. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 07:46 PM)mon4078 Wrote: I know but this team needs to build depth and the back ups we have don't seem to be up to the task. We know that they won't do much in free agency. 

The Bengals only sign second or third tier free agents. They have proved the last few years they can't draft worth a crap either. Its not looking good next year imo.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 10:04 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Bengals only sign second or third tier free agents. They have proved the last few years they can't draft worth a crap either. Its not looking good next year imo.

I'm ok with a 2nd Tier Free Agent. Sadly, we usually dip into tiers way below that.

2nd Tier guys generally don't sign 1 year deals.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 05:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Happy being mediocre? Remind me to never hire you as coach or GM.

Lol  I am being realistic. Of course I want that unit to be great but in today's NFL that's a tough ask to have every unit be great. If we can improve the Offensive Line from 28 to 17 it would be a huge leap and would help out a lot.
Good QB, Great RB group, a good WR  core (When healthy hopefully we improve the TE position and make it great),a great D line, and a good secondary. 
Realistically we have two position groups that need to be changed the offensive line and the linebacking corps.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Regardless of what happens with the head coach, I hope pollack is retained and given time to draft and coach “his” players. Talent and cohesiveness on the ol is instrumental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There really aren't any standout players in FA for OT or RG. The best the Bengals can probably do is Daryl Williams or Andre Smith at RT, draft a RG on Day 1 or Day 2, and draft a mid-round OT to groom.

Yeah and Seantrel Henderson will be too pricey for us. Need to bring back Andre for sure IMO.

Think if we brought him back last year instead of Hart we would of been much better.

(12-18-2018, 04:37 PM)MentalRage Wrote: The plan should be to draft LB in the first round and then tackle in the second while adding a guard in FA. But with our luck they will take a corner or tight end in the first round.

Agreed, hope we go LB then O-line in the 2nd while adding one FA atleast on the Line.

(12-18-2018, 04:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry, but that just ain't gonna cut it.  They really need to set the bar higher, when it comes to OL play.  Top 10 unit is what it's going to take, in order to get this team where we would like it to be.

Yes, need to set the bar very high, that is the only way you become great.

I think we may have the OL coach, just have to get the players.

(12-18-2018, 04:49 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: No but seriously we need to draft a highly coveted LB like Devon White over a middle ranking o lineman.

Would love White, was watching another LB at the Vegas Bowl named i think Jeff Allison that looked good on Fresno State.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 12:45 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Regardless of what happens with the head coach, I hope pollack is retained and given time to draft and coach “his” players.  Talent and cohesiveness on the ol is instrumental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and Seantrel Henderson will be too pricey for us. Need to bring back Andre for sure IMO.

Think if we brought him back last year instead of Hart we would of been much better.

Agreed, hope we go LB then O-line in the 2nd while adding one FA atleast on the Line.

Would love White, was watching another LB at the Vegas Bowl named i think Jeff Allison that looked good on Fresno State.

Agree,

This team has to get two upper tier Olinemen and two upper tier LBers at a minimum. So that means FA's have to be involved.

Couple guys off the scrap heap does nothing.

They've got to take fixing those two position groups seriously !!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and Seantrel Henderson will be too pricey for us. Need to bring back Andre for sure IMO.

I feel like we've had similar conversations the last couple years...and then the team actually got worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 05:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we've had similar conversations the last couple years...and then the team actually got worse.

Yes, and i believe it is because of coaching for the most part.

We got some bad coaches especially at HC and on Defense. Atleast Paulie G was okay. Haslett is not.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, and i believe it is because of coaching for the most part.

We got some bad coaches especially at HC and on Defense. Atleast Paulie G was okay. Haslett is not.

I don't know. They switched a lot of coaches at position groups over and they actually made some guys worse.

It's really hard to pinpoint issues, which probably indicates it's 2-3-4 things.
Reply/Quote

Would Henderson really be too pricey?  I say pay the man what he's worth.  It wouldn't be any different than if we were faced with signing Ogbuehi or Fisher to a second contract, if either of them would have panned out.  Quality Tackles cost money, and trying to find them via the draft is a gamble..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would Henderson really be too pricey?  I say pay the man what he's worth.  It wouldn't be any different than if we were faced with signing Ogbuehi or Fisher to a second contract, if either of them would have panned out.  Quality Tackles cost money, and trying to find them via the draft is a gamble..

Yep. And even if you overpay slightly to get them, that contract usually doesn't look so bad a couple years later.

The big thing we need to do in the offseason is be sure that we've upgraded positions. We can't spend money and possibly upgrade. We need upgrades.

That's IF we actually want to improve the team which I'm not sure is the goal. We might just ride the injury excuse.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 07:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And even if you overpay slightly to get them, that contract usually doesn't look so bad a couple years later.

The big thing we need to do in the offseason is be sure that we've upgraded positions. We can't spend money and possibly upgrade. We need upgrades.

That's IF we actually want to improve the team which I'm not sure is the goal. We might just ride the injury excuse.

Yep, there's a pretty significance between an owner hell bent on winning championships, and one that merely looks to put a few butts in the seats..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 04:11 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: We still have a very talented football team when everyone is healthy.And I believe our defense is going to be OK.I think we should go all out on the offensive line this offseason through the Draft and free agency.If I owned this team,and were really serious about winning,it would be all about building an elite offensive line.Yes there are other issues that need to be addressed,but my absolute top priority,Including my first round pick,would be Offensive Line.

While I agree that the o line is the most glaring need, it’s a razor thin difference from the o line and the pathetic LB corps. Both are terrible, and both need investment. A change in defensive approach to maximize the CB’s preference for man instead of passive zone would be nice too. It’s hard to say with a straight face that the defense will be okay. They’ve looked anything but all year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 08:43 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: While I agree that the o line is the most glaring need, it’s a razor thin difference from the o line and the pathetic LB corps.  Both are terrible, and both need investment.  A change in defensive approach to maximize the CB’s preference for man instead of passive zone would be nice too.  It’s hard to say with a straight face that the defense will be okay.  They’ve looked anything but all year.

Evidently, you quit watching them somewhere along the line.  Since Marvin fired Austin and took over control of the defense, they went back to man coverage and have steadily improved each week.  Now, I'm not one to typically put praise on Marvin, but I'm just giving credit when it's due.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently, you quit watching them somewhere along the line.  Since Marvin fired Austin and took over control of the defense, they went back to man coverage and have steadily improved each week.  Now, I'm not one to typically put praise on Marvin, but I'm just giving credit when it's due.

So why did Merv hire a DC that would not play the type of D he wanted for the team?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote