Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 10
(11-09-2018, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: See below  ThumbsUp
http://www.movetogreatercinci.com  ThumbsUp

You like Romo?!  He might be the worst announcer in the history of sports!  He tries to make all these in-depth and intelligent statements but they all just make no sense and all the other commentators are just like "and moving on............"   

Opinion.

From an objective POV, he is by far the most competent colour man in the business and its funny, because he has no prior experience.

That and IMO, he's an absolute joy to listen to; insightful, funny, easy on the ears (not like James Lofton, my God).

He is the best active colour commentator in the business, by far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Opinion.

From an objective POV, he is by far the most competent colour man in the business and its funny, because he has no prior experience.

That and IMO, he's an absolute joy to listen to; insightful, funny, easy on the ears (not like James Lofton, my God).

How funny is it that being a retired Cowboy means you will immediately be working for a major network?

Also, Romo is damn good. And such a natural too,
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 08:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I also am a Romo fan. Guy explains pretty well and not afraid to tell it like it is. I love his knack of seeing how a play is going to go before the ball is snapped just by reading the offense and defense at the line That dude is on almost every time. I bet if you went in with a clear mind next time before watching one of his games, you would better appreciate how he announces it. Or maybe not. 

Romo is one of my faves. So I'm kinda biased I guess. Just because to me, he makes it fun. Sometimes I will sit back and say, "How did he know that was going to happen?" But then again, he was a QB and knows how to read the field. Plus, if he see's something wrong? He will call out the NFL in a heartbeat and not think twice. Dude doesnt need the job because I'm sure he has plenty of money. His honesty is golden.

Spot on Harley, refreshing hearing a commentator actually know the game and as you say know what is going
to happen before it happens by seeing how the Offense and Defense are lined up. Didn't like Romo when he was
a Cowboy of course but he is a great announcer. The best in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Opinion.

I love Romo. He is by far the most knowledgeable commentator. He has definitely made some rookie mistakes and had a few awkward moments but he also seems like a very down to earth guy. He doesn’t seem to hate any team when I’ve watched him announce either and is very fair in his analysis. Thought it was a horrible choice when I first heard they were making him their #1 guy but was glad to see Simms go. Definitely on board with that call now though, I’d be thrilled if they could find a few more Romo’s to boot some of these other horrible announcers out
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:43 PM)Riverfront Wrote: WHO DEY!    Dez Bryant and the Saints come to PBS this Sunday afternoon, with Kevin Burkhart and Charles Davis announcing for The NFL On FOX.

https://506sports.com/

https://www.506sports.com/

Pretty cool.  Is it updated every week?  Great info
Reply/Quote
Mhm, they do college as well.
Reply/Quote
Well, we could have one of the pro Steeler and anti-Bengal guys announce the game. Wait, that's most of them.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
This is the first time I've heard anyone trash on Romo as a commentator.

He's a likeable guy with decent insight of modern football.

Also points out missed calls by refs too.

Usually spot on about plays developing and field reads.

I kind of like the fact that he's not one of these guys who loves to listen to himself talk like an over the top reporter or bad FM radio DJ.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I get Detroit @ Chicago a game I have no interest in. I guess I have to find a stream
Reply/Quote
NFL Ticket is FREE This Sunday!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 09:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This is the first time I've heard anyone trash on Romo as a commentator.

He's a likeable guy with decent insight of modern football.

Also points out missed calls by refs too.

Usually spot on about plays developing and field reads.

I kind of like the fact that he's not one of these guys who loves to listen to himself talk like an over the top reporter or bad FM radio DJ.

Yep, first time i have heard this also. As always love Brad but disagree with him here big time.

Best commentator in the NFL right now hands down.

We all dislike the Cowboys but this guy isn't one anymore, give him a break Brad, lol
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 09:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, we could have one of the pro Steeler and anti-Bengal guys announce the game. Wait, that's most of them.

We do: Davis.
Reply/Quote