3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 OFFICIAL Board Mock (Announcement)
Welcome to the 2018 OFFICIAL Message Board Mock Draft. This is how we do it:

Eligibility:
You must take is seriously and be able to meet all given timelines and actively participate

Must be a “regular” Board Member in good standing

Our friends that are fans of other teams may participate as long as they meet the other requirements.

Our goal is to have maximum participation. If you are an old timer or relatively new, you are welcome, we always have a good time and you get to talk draft with some folks that know what they're talking about (well maybe not everybody).

Execution:
We will draft 3 rounds in 2 nights

If you are interested nominate yourself in this thread and list 3 teams you would like to draft for. I have always been able to give someone at least one of their desired, but I cannot promise. The deadline to nominate yourself is 4/9/2018 at Midnight EDT.

I will take a couple days to sort through and post the GM-team list on 4/11/2018

On 4/12/2017 a separate trade thread will be open, where teams can talk trades and then the trade window will open from 4/13/2018-4/16/2018

We will not do Big Boards this year. If you are not present I will give your team(s) to someone else or we will make it a consensus pick

I propose 3 different draft windows that we will vote on. I have no preference:

OPTION A) RD 1 4/20/2018 (Fri)…………. Trade Day 4/21/2018 (Sat) ……….RD 2-3 4/22/2018 (Sun)
OPTION B) RD 1 4/17/2018 (Tues)………….Trade Day 4/18/2018(Wed)……….RD 2-3 4/19/2018(Thurs)
OPTION C) RD 1 4/23/2018 (Mon)………….Trade Day 4/24/2018  (Tues)……….RD 2-3 4/25/2018 (Wed)
**Vote in the Poll**
The Poll will also ask do you prefer 2 rounds on the 1st night and 1 round on the second night (Option D) or vice versa (Option E)
**The poll will allow each person to vote twice**

Bengals: Wolf owned them last year and by tradition he determines who gets them this year. How he does it is entirely up to him. But he must give them up. WTS, he has agreed if Psycdoctor wants them, they are his, due to his generous board contribution. If Doc doesn’t want the Bengals he gets first dibs on any team he wants.

Positions Needed:
Trade Commish(s): I need two people to volunteer to validate trades. Only one must approve each trade, but they will each have veto power. If one is involved in a trade the other adjudicates and I will reserve the right to veto. If both are involved in a trade I will adjudicate and assistant Commish will veto. These people will be responsible to create/monitor the trade thread in this forum. BenZoo and Wolf (ironic) preformed these duties flawlessly last year.

Assistant Commish: I need 1 person that will pick up the ball should I drop it and possibly assume duties as Commish in the future. Also, the assistant Commish will run night 2 of the draft. CinnWillWin has done this in the past; however, I flew solo last year. Really looking for someone to step up this year and perhaps assume Commish duties moving forward. I think I’ve done this for about 6-7 years now.

Board Support: I need at least 2 people to create/facilitate various threads as needed, This will include a chat thread on draft night, a separate picks thread on draft night, and perhaps a couple more as needed. I think Holic opened the Board chat last year and that worked fairly well.

If you are interested in helping PM me and I will announce positions as they are filled.
Also in this thread I ask that you suggest times that will best suit you on the days you pick.

If you are a long time participant chime in and let me know if I have missed anything. Also feel free to post any thoughts ideas you have be you a regular or a first timer.
Good luck to all and MTF.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 10:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Welcome to the 2018 OFFICIAL Message Board Mock Draft. This is how we do it:

Eligibility:
You must take is seriously and be able to meet all given timelines and actively participate

Must be a “regular” Board Member in good standing

Our friends that are fans of other teams may participate as long as they meet the other requirements.

Our goal is to have maximum participation. If you are an old timer or relatively new, you are welcome, we always have a good time and you get to talk draft with some folks that know what they're talking about (well maybe not everybody).

Execution:
We will draft 3 rounds in 2 nights

If you are interested nominate yourself in this thread and list 3 teams you would like to draft for. I have always been able to give someone at least one of their desired, but I cannot promise. The deadline to nominate yourself is 4/9/2018 at Midnight EDT.

I will take a couple days to sort through and post the GM-team list on 4/11/2018

On 4/12/2017 a separate trade thread will be open, where teams can talk trades and then the trade window will open from 4/13/2018-4/16/2018

We will not do Big Boards this year. If you are not present I will give your team(s) to someone else or we will make it a consensus pick

I propose 3 different draft windows that we will vote on. I have no preference:

OPTION A) RD 1 4/20/2018 (Fri)…………. Trade Day 4/21/2018 (Sat) ……….RD 2-3 4/22/2018 (Sun)
OPTION B) RD 1 4/17/2018 (Tues)………….Trade Day 4/18/2018(Wed)……….RD 2-3 4/19/2018(Thurs)
OPTION C) RD 1 4/23/2018 (Mon)………….Trade Day 4/24/2018  (Tues)……….RD 2-3 4/25/2018 (Wed)
**Vote in the Poll**
The Poll will also ask do you prefer 2 rounds on the 1st night and 1 round on the second night (Option D) or vice versa (Option E)
**The poll will allow each person to vote twice**

Bengals: Wolf owned them last year and by tradition he determines who gets them this year. How he does it is entirely up to him. But he must give them up. WTS, he has agreed if Psycdoctor wants them, they are his, due to his generous board contribution. If Doc doesn’t want the Bengals he gets first dibs on any team he wants.

Positions Needed:
Trade Commish(s): I need two people to volunteer to validate trades. Only one must approve each trade, but they will each have veto power. If one is involved in a trade the other adjudicates and I will reserve the right to veto. If both are involved in a trade I will adjudicate and assistant Commish will veto. These people will be responsible to create/monitor the trade thread in this forum. BenZoo and Wolf (ironic) preformed these duties flawlessly last year.

Assistant Commish: I need 1 person that will pick up the ball should I drop it and possibly assume duties as Commish in the future. Also, the assistant Commish will run night 2 of the draft. CinnWillWin has done this in the past; however, I flew solo last year. Really looking for someone to step up this year and perhaps assume Commish duties moving forward. I think I’ve done this for about 6-7 years now.

Board Support: I need at least 2 people to create/facilitate various threads as needed, This will include a chat thread on draft night, a separate picks thread on draft night, and perhaps a couple more as needed. I think Holic opened the Board chat last year and that worked fairly well.

If you are interested in helping PM me and I will announce positions as they are filled.
Also in this thread I ask that you suggest times that will best suit you on the days you pick.

If you are a long time participant chime in and let me know if I have missed anything. Also feel free to post any thoughts ideas you have be you a regular or a first timer.
Good luck to all and MTF.

I would like to participate this year and I’ll help with any additional duties if needed. I don’t care what teams I get. I would just to have an average amount of picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If it is Option A or C, I can do Assistant Commish duties. But if it's Option B, I will be at work for a bit so I wouldn't be able to stay on the boards for long outside of my own pick (done this before).

As for teams: Jaguars, Browns, Raiders
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Assuming Bengals are gone(obviously if not I want them) then option 2 and 3 are bills and browns.
Reply/Quote
Dolphins Bucs or Jags
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
cardinals ravens cowboys
Reply/Quote
If its option B or C I'll take a team, don't care who.

If its option A I'll be working Friday all day so won't be around much if at all.

Didn't I take over the last round or something last year? I honestly can't even remember but if its B or C I can help out with whatever.
Reply/Quote
I could probably make any day work but my preference would be B.

As for teams, I am okay with taking whoever. I'm never really picky, although I had the Brownies last year and hit a couple of their picks actually. I wouldn't mind them again but team isn't really a big deal.
Reply/Quote
I would like to participate but work til 8 during the week. I would request ANY team that picks LATER in the round, near the end, so I can be here, depending on what the start time is.

I'm off sunday so that day isn't an issue.
Reply/Quote
I'm in any option works but B is best...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I would like the Bengals and I voted for option A. Weekend is more feasible for my schedule.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I voted option A.

Vikings, Redskins or Bills please.
Reply/Quote
I voted option A. Needs to be on a weekend for me. Friday I'm not sure I'll be available, but I can submit my board for the first round, then be available for my selections on the weekend. Would like to pick for the Packers, won't be looking to trade in the 1st round most likely.
Reply/Quote
I'm up for option A or B.

As for me, I'm always up for the Seahawks, but I'm also up for the Patriots and Lions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 11:32 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would like to participate this year and I’ll help with any additional duties if needed.  I don’t care what teams I get.  I would just to have an average amount of picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know you were big help last year and I always strive to give folks equal picks. Some may get 1 more or less.

(04-03-2018, 03:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If it is Option A or C, I can do Assistant Commish duties. But if it's Option B, I will be at work for a bit so I wouldn't be able to stay on the boards for long outside of my own pick (done this before).

As for teams: Jaguars, Browns, Raiders
To be honest I'd like for you to assume Commish duties. I'm to the point here that I'm ready to play the role of nothing more than a participant.
(04-03-2018, 05:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Assuming Bengals are gone(obviously if not I want them) then option 2 and 3 are bills and browns.
Glad to have you on board Jpoore

(04-03-2018, 10:22 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Dolphins Bucs or Jags
I'll see what I can do

(04-03-2018, 10:54 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: cardinals ravens cowboys
Welcome back Seahawks

(04-04-2018, 12:21 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: If its option B or C I'll take a team, don't care who.

If its option A I'll be working Friday all day so won't be around much if at all.

Didn't I take over the last round or something last year? I honestly can't even remember but if its B or C I can help out with whatever.
Tough call on the dates, Seems A might be winning and I do believe you did take over after about my 5th Natty Light last year. I have you down for assistance

(04-04-2018, 10:55 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I would like to participate but work til 8 during the week.  I would request ANY team that picks LATER in the round, near the end, so I can be here, depending on what the start time is.

I'm off sunday so that day isn't an issue.
Hell GP, we usually aren't much past pick 4-5 around 8PM, but I will take your schedule under consideration.

(04-04-2018, 12:12 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm in any option works but B is best...
Glad to have you back

(04-04-2018, 02:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would like the Bengals and I voted for option A.  Weekend is more feasible for my schedule.
Bengals are yours. Funny, I don't think we've ever done it on a weekend, but it seems to be winning. 

(04-04-2018, 06:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I voted option A.

Vikings, Redskins or Bills please.
Nate. Long time watcher, first time participant? We'll be glad to have you

(04-04-2018, 07:33 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I voted option A. Needs to be on a weekend for me. Friday I'm not sure I'll be available, but I can submit my board for the first round, then be available for my selections on the weekend. Would like to pick for the Packers, won't be looking to trade in the 1st round most likely.
We'll see how it goes

(04-05-2018, 12:43 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm up for option A or B.

As for me, I'm always up for the Seahawks, but I'm also up for the Patriots and Lions.
'''and you know I always give you Seattle as you are a legacy. 

Reply/Quote
First time i have participated is correct. Sounds like fun and should be around.

Thanks Bfine, glad you are off the banned list again lol
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: First time i have participated is correct. Sounds like fun and should be around.

Thanks Bfine, glad you are off the banned list again lol

Thanks. I do tend to get banned quite a bit don't I.

Reply/Quote
Tonight is the last night to nominate yourself and choose the nights/rds

As of Now TUES/THURS is tied with FRI/SUN and 1 rd 1st night, 2 rounds second night is winning.

I would put a notice in JN to try and drum up interest; however, I have learned my lesson.

Reply/Quote
I'm up for it again and I'll take any teams that need someone to represent them, preferably teams that pick later on or just on day two.
Reply/Quote
Ok here’s what I’m tracking for GMs and their preferences:
BenZoo- No preference and willing to assist
Wolf- Jags, Browns, Raiders. Will assume Commish duties after I assign the teams.
Jpoore- Bills, Browns
NYK- Dolphins, Bucs, Jags
Seahawks- Cardinals, Ravens, Cowboys
Bob Jones- No Preference and willing to assist if not on Friday
Dr1441- Browns
GoalPost- Teams that pick late
Synric- No Preference
Psychdoctor- Bengals
Nate- Vikes, Skins, Bills
Bengalstripes- Pack
Bengal Dude- Seahawks, Pats, Lions
Pikes- Teams that pick late
Bfine- Any team that doesn’t wear black and gold or purple and black

Teams will be announced tomorrow with additional instructions. BenZoo and Bob Jones be prepared to run the trades thread.

Reply/Quote