Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 OL Prospects
Well no secret the 2017 NFL Draft lacked elite OL prospects. No secret our OL while making slow progress is a major weakness. Good news is lots of OT, OG ane center prospects in top 34 projected picks. It all starts in the trenches so hopefully we can start rebuilding the OL in 2018.

2018 TOP NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS
RK PLAYER POS POS RK SCHOOL CLASS HT WT
1 Bradley Chubb DE 3 NC State Sr 6-4 275
2 Derwin James SS 1 Florida State Soph 6-3 211
3 Quenton Nelson OG 1 Notre Dame Sr 6-5 329
4 Minkah Fitzpatrick FS 1 Alabama Jr 6-1 201
5 Orlando Brown OT 5 Oklahoma Jr 6-8 360
6 Saquon Barkley RB 2 Penn State Jr 5-11 223
7 Roquan Smith ILB 0 Georgia Jr 6-1 225
8 Lamar Jackson QB 5 Louisville Jr 6-3 200
9 Maurice Hurst DT 3 Michigan Sr 6-2 282
10 Courtland Sutton WR 0 Southern Methodist Soph 6-4 215
11 Derrius Guice RB 1 LSU Jr 5-11 212
12 Mason Rudolph QB 2 Oklahoma State Sr 6-5 230
13 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo DE 0 Oklahoma Sr 6-1 242
14 James Washington WR 2 Oklahoma State Sr 6-0 205
15 Kolton Miller OT 0 UCLA Jr 6-8 310
16 Bryce Love RB 0 Stanford Jr 5-10 191
17 Josh Rosen QB 3 UCLA Jr 6-4 220
18 Joshua Jackson CB 0 Iowa Jr 6-1 192
19 Chukwuma Okorafor OT 0 Western Michigan Sr 6-6 330
20 Taven Bryan DT 0 Florida Jr 6-5 293
21 Anthony Miller WR 0 Memphis Sr 5-11 190
22 Sam Darnold QB 1 Southern California Soph 6-4 225
23 Denzel Ward CB 7 Ohio State Jr 5-10 191
24 Vita Vea DT 0 Washington Jr 6-5 344
25 T.J. Edwards ILB 0 Wisconsin Jr 6-1 246
26 Arden Key DE 1 LSU Jr 6-6 238
27 Connor Williams OT 2 Texas Jr 6-6 320
28 Ronald Jones II RB 4 Southern California Jr 6-1 195
29 Mark Andrews TE 2 Oklahoma Jr 6-5 253
30 Isaiah Oliver CB 0 Colorado Jr 6-1 190
31 Marcell Ateman WR 0 Oklahoma State Sr 6-4 220
32 Marcus Davenport DE 0 UTSA Sr 6-7 255
33 Frank Ragnow C 2 Arkansas Sr 6-5 319
34 Will Hernandez OG 0 Texas-El Paso Sr 6-3 330
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Who's list is that? As you know ever service is a little different.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Looks like CBS's latest rankings.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 11:42 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looks like CBS's latest rankings.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I agree, it does look like CBS' list.  However, something looks amiss about their rankings this year.  Notice Chubb, the overall #1 prospect, his position ranking is 3rd.

How to the have a guy who's rated 3rd best at his position rated #1 overall?

Maybe it's still too early to put much stock into their rankings?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 11:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who's list is that?  As you know ever service is a little different.

Yes, I know it is early and it is CBS which I have followed for years. It is updated based on 2017 season and not a list from last summer. You are correct, no list is 100% Sunset. I thought the ND OT was a top 10 guy and they have him ranked in round 2. But, he has struggled last few games so maybe they dropped him based on his performance.

The good news is 7 OT's ranked in top 2 rounds. I think last year they had 1 guy ranked in round one (in 20's) and 2 more in round 2. Hopefully, there is some depth and quality for us in the early rounds and we can evaluate and choose the right guy(s) this time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Well so far in the combine, Orlando Brown ran a 10 minute 40...ok so it was a really slow 5.86 seconds and only did 14 reps of a 225 lb bench press ( 20 is considered minimal). Apparently his other drills haven't measured up either

Connor Williams only weighed 297 (only!) so he has to bulk up but for a tackle, his 33 inch reach will be a problem in the pros. Sizewise, he might be a better guard but he would be a project there and we've had enough of those.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 12:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, it does look like CBS' list.  However, something looks amiss about their rankings this year.  Notice Chubb, the overall #1 prospect, his position ranking is 3rd.

You wouldn't be mixing up Chubbs, would you?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:58 PM)McC Wrote: You wouldn't be mixing up Chubbs, would you?

You know, I think that I was confusing one for the other.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
@rodger_sherman
Follow Follow @rodger_sherman
More
Rodger Sherman

Verified account
Context on Orlando Brown's Combine, per @pfref's combine database:

19.5" vertical (would be worst of any player ever drafted)
82" broad jump (also would be worst ever drafted)
5.85 40 (2nd-worst, the other was a 7th-rounder in 2001)
14 bench reps (tied for 4th-worst amongst OLs)

1:39 PM - 2 Mar 2018

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 06:21 PM)pally Wrote: @rodger_sherman
Follow Follow @rodger_sherman
More
Rodger Sherman

Verified account
Context on Orlando Brown's Combine, per @pfref's combine database:

19.5" vertical (would be worst of any player ever drafted)
82" broad jump (also would be worst ever drafted)
5.85 40 (2nd-worst, the other was a 7th-rounder in 2001)
14 bench reps (tied for 4th-worst amongst OLs)

1:39 PM - 2 Mar 2018

Sounds about right.  His draft profile on NFL.com pretty much says that he's a big wussy in the running game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, I think that I was confusing one for the other.

That's what she said.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 09:35 PM)McC Wrote: That's what she said.

Well, you know, that's my fall back when she catches me with the sister.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 12:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, it does look like CBS' list.  However, something looks amiss about their rankings this year.  Notice Chubb, the overall #1 prospect, his position ranking is 3rd.

Rang and Brugler work for a different site now.  Their rankings have been very screwy this offseason.
Reply/Quote
I mean, it is what you show on the football field that is the most important but damn, that is a horrible combine performance from
Orlando Brown. Dude should really fall after that patheticism. Usually don't put as much stock in the combine as others but... Mellow

That be bad Orlando. Mellow
Reply/Quote
One guy to keep an eye on for the Bengals is OT Kolton Miller, from UCLA.  I think they are very interested in him.  Maybe not at #12, but interested. 
Reply/Quote
Connor Williams had a nice combine. He finished top 5 in 3 events...40, vertical and broad.

Braden Smith was also top 5 in three events. Kolton Miller was top 5 in 4 events.

Sneaky sleeper award goes to Wyatt Teller, also top 5 in 3 events.
Reply/Quote
There are a number of OTs that are "not quite worth no.12" in this draft. Between Miller, Williams, Brown, McGlinchey, Okorafor and, at OG, Hernandez who all grade out somewhere between 15 and 25.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals pass on offensive line in the first round and then draft whoever drops to the 2nd round.

Similar to what they did with WR in 2016. They got Tyler Boyd, who was not their ideal, but it was arguably better to take the superior talent in William Jackson III (who is looking to be a future star) rather than drafting the "next best WR" which was likely Michael Thomas.

In retrospect, Thomas would have been a fine pick as well, since he has developed well in New Orleans, but he had significant risk, being a 2 year starter who was fairly productive in college but was mostly drafted on athletic potential rather than production. A "late riser" so to speak.

I just hope they show a willingness to trade up in the top of the 2nd round so that they can grab the player that is falling.

I remember being really frustrated that they didn't trade up to get Michael Thomas. All it would have taken was 9 spots, then we could have had Thomas. Imagine a team with Green, Thomas, Ross and Mixon. And moving up 9 slots maybe costs you a 4th or 5th round pick so...Andrew Billings or Christian Westerman, basically.
...*sigh*...
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 10:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One guy to keep an eye on for the Bengals is OT Kolton Miller, from UCLA.  I think they are very interested in him.  Maybe not at #12, but interested. 

I have liked this kid since a couple months ago. I think if we really don't like the 12th spot, or if a QB is still there, we trade back and grab Miller in the early 20's late teens range.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 10:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One guy to keep an eye on for the Bengals is OT Kolton Miller, from UCLA.  I think they are very interested in him.  Maybe not at #12, but interested. 

Been down on Miller per reminding me of Ced. 

But guess Ced was supposed to be the s#!t  so maybe I am being to hard. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 10:26 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Connor Williams had a nice combine.  He finished top 5 in 3 events...40, vertical and broad.

Braden Smith was also top 5 in three events.  Kolton Miller was top 5 in 4 events.  

Sneaky sleeper award goes to Wyatt Teller, also top 5 in 3 events.

I've been pushing Wyatt Teller's name for about 2 months but he surprised me with some of his combine numbers.

Braden Smith was someone I watched earlier in thr process while he played well j thought he could be more aggressive with these numbers I may have to have a second look.

(03-05-2018, 11:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Been down on Miller per reminding me of Ced. 

But guess Ced was supposed to be the s#!t  so maybe I am being to hard. 

Kolton Miller might not be the best blocker in the class but he attacks with his hands. Ogbeuhi bear hugs everyone...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote