Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 OL Prospects
(03-05-2018, 10:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have liked this kid since a couple months ago. I think if we really don't like the 12th spot, or if a QB is still there, we trade back and grab Miller in the early 20's late teens range.

Not me. You watch tape of Rosen and when they show how he can't scramble when the line breaks down, it's almost always Miller's problem. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 01:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not me. You watch tape of Rosen and when they show how he can't scramble when the line breaks down, it's almost always Miller's problem. 

15 pressures allowed on 540 drop backs, perception doesn’t always equate to reality.
Reply/Quote
Just saw Kolton Miller get beat a bit last year. Didn't see McGlinchey get beat so he is still my guy. Would love it if we traded down
and grabbed McGlinchey as Mayock now has him going in the late first round. Adding him and another pick would be great.

McGlinchey, Vander Esche and Frank Ragnow would be a great draft early.

Maybe Orlando Brown falls to the 4th round after that sad combine, wouldn't mind grabbing him there. Then we have our LT
and RT along with a future stud Center in Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just saw Kolton Miller get beat a bit last year. Didn't see McGlinchey get beat so he is still my guy. Would love it if we traded down
and grabbed McGlinchey as Mayock now has him going in the late first round. Adding him and another pick would be great.

McGlinchey, Vander Esche and Frank Ragnow would be a great draft early.

Maybe Orlando Brown falls to the 4th round after that sad combine, wouldn't mind grabbing him there. Then we have our LT
and RT along with a future stud Center in Ragnow.

McGlinchey gave up 14 pressures on 378 drop backs. Not saying he is better or worse than Miller as this is just one stat, but again pointing to the perception vs reality thing people around here struggle with at times.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 03:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: McGlinchey gave up 14 pressures on 378 drop backs. Not saying he is better or worse than Miller as this is just one stat, but again pointing to the perception vs reality thing people around here struggle with at times.

How many sacks did Miller give up?

I saw McGlinchey gave up 3 at one point last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How many sacks did Miller give up?

I saw McGlinchey gave up 3 at one point last year.

Sacks are a bad metric because they don't take into account the QB's ability to get rid of ball that is why I used pressures. To answer your question though he gave up 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sacks are a bad metric because they don't take into account the QB's ability to get rid of ball that is why I used pressures. To answer your question though he gave up 2.

Yeah, just wanted to know the sack stat, agree that pressures are much more telling. Warming up to Miller now. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 10:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have liked this kid since a couple months ago. I think if we really don't like the 12th spot, or if a QB is still there, we trade back and grab Miller in the early 20's late teens range.

Can't imagine any of the QBs (at least the big 4) are still there, but Lamar Jackson could be and maybe someone would want him.  

That also pushes some really talented players that aren't QBs down to us at #12, though.  I would be hard pressed to pass on the Safety Derwin or the DT Vea if they are there at 12.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote