Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Re-Draft Challenge (Bengals)
Love these threads -- if I remember to review it in three years, it will show me how little I know about football ... My picks:

1 - Billy Price, OC. If our O-line weren't so inept, I might have taken Ridley or Evans, who I think represent good value here. Wynn or Hernandez were considered, but with Ragnow off the board and no C on the roster my hand was forced. I think Price is a better fit for what we want to do than Daniels.
2 - Lorenzo Carter, LB. Solid value here. I think he has a chance to be a very good player. Would have considered Justin Reid, who I like (slightly) better than Bates.
3a - Rasheem Green, DE. I have no problem with the Hubbard pick, but I would have taken Green, who I think has more upside.
3b - Arden Key, Edge. Actually would have taken Jessie Bates here if he were available (and I think he might have been). But if not, I'll take a chance on a potential top-5 pass rushing head case.
4 - Anthony Averett, CB. I like him better than the CBs we picked, and I'm not a fan of Walton. Nor do I think we need a poor man's Gio.
5a - Tyrell Crosby, OG. More O-line help. Would have considered Troy Fumagalli here.
5b - Tim Settle, DT. I like the Brown pick, but think Settle has more upside.
5c - Luke Falk, QB. Would have preferred to grab John Kelly or Duke Ejiofor here, but how 'bout a backup QB who can actually play in the NFL?
7a - Holton Hill, CB. Can't believe this guy wasn't drafted.
7b - Dimitri Flowers, FB/TE. Love receiving FBs. This guy would be a significant upgrade over Hewitt (both blocking and receiving).
7c - Eddy Pineiro, K. Let's give Randy some competition.

Biggest criticism of my draft is that we didn't address the OT or S position (unless Bates were available at 3b), both of which are significant needs. At S, I'd be looking to bring either Vaccaro, Reid, or Boston in on a 1-yr. deal. At RT, I'm stuck with the pu-pu platter of Fisher/Hart/Og.
Reply/Quote
Honestly don't think i would change the first 4 picks and then after that you never know what a player will become.

Didn't like the Walton pick initially but he could be really good and a great ST'er for us. Wanted a RT but who knows
who would beat out what we currently have. Didn't think we needed two Corners but who knows how good these guys
are either and Phillips has already been making plays.

I don't think i would change anything.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 11:03 AM)shanebo Wrote: Love these threads -- if I remember to review it in three years, it will show me how little I know about football ...  My picks:

1 - Billy Price, OC.  If our O-line weren't so inept, I might have taken Ridley or Evans, who I think represent good value here.  Wynn or Hernandez were considered, but with Ragnow off the board and no C on the roster my hand was forced.  I think Price is a better fit for what we want to do than Daniels.
2 - Lorenzo Carter, LB.  Solid value here.  I think he has a chance to be a very good player.  Would have considered Justin Reid, who I like (slightly)  better than Bates.
3a - Rasheem Green, DE.  I have no problem with the Hubbard pick, but I would have taken Green, who I think has more upside.
3b - Arden Key, Edge.  Actually would have taken Jessie Bates here if he were available (and I think he might have been).  But if not, I'll take a chance on a potential top-5 pass rushing head case.
4 - Anthony Averett, CB.  I like him better than the CBs we picked, and I'm not a fan of Walton.  Nor do I think we need a poor man's Gio.
5a - Tyrell Crosby, OG.  More O-line help.  Would have considered Troy Fumagalli here.
5b - Tim Settle, DT.  I like the Brown pick, but think Settle has more upside.
5c - Luke Falk, QB.  Would have preferred to grab John Kelly or Duke Ejiofor here, but how 'bout a backup QB who can actually play in the NFL?
7a - Holton Hill, CB.  Can't believe this guy wasn't drafted.
7b - Dimitri Flowers, FB/TE.  Love receiving FBs.  This guy would be a significant upgrade over Hewitt (both blocking and receiving).
7c - Eddy Pineiro, K.  Let's give Randy some competition.

Biggest criticism of my draft is that we didn't address the OT or S position (unless Bates were available at 3b), both of which are significant needs.  At S, I'd be looking to bring either Vaccaro, Reid, or Boston in on a 1-yr. deal.  At RT, I'm stuck with the pu-pu platter of Fisher/Hart/Og.

This is a really good one though i would be more than happy with. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2018, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly don't think i would change the first 4 picks and then after that you never know what a player will become.

Didn't like the Walton pick initially but he could be really good and a great ST'er for us. Wanted a RT but who knows
who would beat out what we currently have. Didn't think we needed two Corners but who knows how good these guys
are either and Phillips has already been making plays.

I don't think i would change anything.

They could all work out.   The big things for me were not getting another OT - Brown, Richardson or Crosby - and getting an instinctive, play like your pants are on fire, fast linebacker.  For me that was Griffin.

So take out Jefferson and insert Brown or Richardson.  I got a feeling about both of them.  And take out Walton and put Griffin.

But it will be fun to see how wrong I was...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 06:40 PM)3wt Wrote: They could all work out.   The big things for me were not getting another OT - Brown, Richardson or Crosby - and getting an instinctive, play like your pants are on fire, fast linebacker.  For me that was Griffin.

So take out Jefferson and insert Brown or Richardson.  I got a feeling about both of them.  And take out Walton and put Griffin.

But it will be fun to see how wrong I was...

Yeah but i also really like Jefferson too. He has crazy upside if he can get the mental side of the game down.

All those OT's had questions.

Of course i wanted Shaquem Griffin as you well know.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah but i also really like Jefferson too. He has crazy upside if he can get the mental side of the game down.

All those OT's had questions.

Of course i wanted Shaquem Griffin as you well know.

Good point about the tackles, and the Bengals had enough shots at them that there had to be some serious questions - at least I hope that is the case.

The mental side of the game is my biggest concern about any player - and Jefferson in particular.  That's what makes Burfict so good.  He's just so smart.   A one second faster decision takes his 5.00 flat forty to a 4.00 flat forty.   He doesn't have the foot speed but he knows where to be the second before he has to be there.

And I'm still sad about Griffin.   He just seems to have the fire, the instincts and the speed.   I think he pans out.

But hey, I'm kind of psyched about Walton too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote