Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Reds Season Thread
Just looked it up. Reds have led a grand total of 14 innings this year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 01:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: St Louis also had almost twice the attendance of the Reds.  3.45 million to 1.8 million.  That's a lot of extra money to retain players and get the help you need.

Reds have a crappy owner not committed to winning. People trash MB, this guy is worse.

Reds will lose 90+ games in 2018.

There is a reason people like me never go now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Reds not only have the worst ERA in MLB, but they are blowing away the field. Their ERA is 6.04. Second worst is MIami at almost a full run lower (5.06). No other team has an ERA higher than 5. MLB average is 3.90.

This season is not going to just be bad. It is going to be HISTORICALLY bad for the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 10:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Reds have a crappy owner not committed to winning. People trash MB, this guy is worse.

Reds will lose 90+ games in 2018.

There is a reason people like me never go now.

IDK.  Mike Brown has been at this game of being a shitty owner for a lot longer than Castellini.  The Reds have had more than one average to shitty owner in the last 30 years, in which they've had how many winning seasons?  Maybe 7 or 8?  Mike also owns a team in a sport that grants him the benefit of a salary cap.  

Reds ownership is at something of a disadvantage in being competitive when it comes to signing FAs, because some ownership groups just flat out have more money and better TV deals.  Can't really say that for MB.  

I'm not letting the Reds off the hook in the comparison.  The more I watch this ownership group in Little Dicky's tenure as GM, the more I think that they absolutely could be worse than the Browns.  The Williamses care about slashing payroll as the A1 priority all the time.  I'm willing to give them a second, though.  Mainly because I have no choice, but also to see how they respond if this season plays out to be the absolute catastrophe it seems to be now over the entire 162.  

They say in baseball that you win 50 and lose 50, and the season is decided by the remaining 62.  I'm not sure these clowns win the 50 at this rate, lol.
Reply/Quote
About to be 2-12. What’s the equivalent to 0-16 in MLB? Because I think the Reds will do it with losses to spare.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The Reds need to make a major move now !

Fire Price and bring in Billy Hatcher or Barry Larkin.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 07:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Reds need to make a major move now !

Fire Price and bring in Billy Hatcher or Barry Larkin.

I am not defending Price, but no manager is going to win with this roster.
Reply/Quote
Last Sunday I sent a text to my friend making fun of them for having two wins. This Sunday I sent a text to my friend making fun of them for having two wins.
Reply/Quote
As far as I can tell the ONLY reason Price is still the manager of this or any other team is through the power of prayer on his behalf. 
I'm thinking that ownership really hates Reds fans and is just fine with running the team even worse than the  Bengals of the 90s.. 
I'm almost hoping Mikey will buy the team. He certainly can't do any worse than the current regime .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Possible rainout could be their best game of the year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not defending Price, but no manager is going to win with this roster.

Which leaves the problem of if you do fire him, who would want to take over this train wreck. I guess Billy Hatcher would as he is already there. See how he does for the rest of the season.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 03:24 PM)samhain Wrote: IDK.  Mike Brown has been at this game of being a shitty owner for a lot longer than Castellini.  The Reds have had more than one average to shitty owner in the last 30 years, in which they've had how many winning seasons?  Maybe 7 or 8?  Mike also owns a team in a sport that grants him the benefit of a salary cap.  

Reds ownership is at something of a disadvantage in being competitive when it comes to signing FAs, because some ownership groups just flat out have more money and better TV deals.  Can't really say that for MB.  

I'm not letting the Reds off the hook in the comparison.  The more I watch this ownership group in Little Dicky's tenure as GM, the more I think that they absolutely could be worse than the Browns.  The Williamses care about slashing payroll as the A1 priority all the time.  I'm willing to give them a second, though.  Mainly because I have no choice, but also to see how they respond if this season plays out to be the absolute catastrophe it seems to be now over the entire 162.  

They say in baseball that you win 50 and lose 50, and the season is decided by the remaining 62.  I'm not sure these clowns win the 50 at this rate, lol.

Any owner in any sport who does not realize winning has to always be the top priority will fail. Castellini bought a team knowing the financial environment and how MLB is set up. But, he thinks making the park a fun social family place alone will win him fans. It will as long as they win, but fans (revenue for games and TV) are leaving in droves and it will only get worse.

He has made the Reds an embarrassment for a once proud baseball town. I watched then win with the Big Red Machine in the 70's, I was patient and game him some rope early, but the owner has proven all he cares about is money by getting rid of players I would pay to watch like Chapman and Frazier during losing seasons, because we could still have a glimmer of hope. Now, going to a game is a huge waste of my time and money. I used to DVR and watch every game, now I never watch.

I have a hunch I am not the only one who used to be a part of advertising group spending hundreds of thousands a year who now spends zero. The owner owns all of it and he can only fix it one way, be competitive again and quickly.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not defending Price, but no manager is going to win with this roster.

Absolutely agree, It's not about turning this season around. It's about providing some fire and energy this team badly needs, Price is just bland.
Reply/Quote
2-13. Had to go back to Herbert Hoover to match their worst start after last night. Could be approaching the Articles of Confederation soon. It’s beyond comical.

Reply/Quote
This team is pathetic. How has our offense taken such an enormous step back in one season? Was Cozart THAT important?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 08:39 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This team is pathetic. How has our offense taken such an enormous step back in one season? Was Cozart THAT important?

This entire team is pathetically bad at everything ! We either are or very close to the worst offensive team in MLB ! We're at or very near the bottom in a bunch of categories, runs scored, RBI's, HR's, average, it's pitiful.

Now add in that we have the worst team ERA and by a full run !

And this team isn't just bent it's broken ! Price has to go and soon. Trade Votto and let him have a chance elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 04:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Absolutely agree, It's not about turning this season around. It's about providing some fire and energy this team badly needs, Price is just bland.

He's not to blame, but he certainly not helping to build a better future Reds team, either. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 11:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: As far as I can tell the ONLY reason Price is still the manager of this or any other team is through the power of prayer on his behalf. 
I'm thinking that ownership really hates Reds fans and is just fine with running the team even worse than the  Bengals of the 90s.. 
I'm almost hoping Mikey will buy the team. He certainly can't do any worse than the current regime .

Or the incredible amount of injuries. This team is hammered by them. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 01:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Which leaves the problem of if you do fire him, who would want to take over this train wreck. I guess Billy Hatcher would as he is already there. See how he does for the rest of the season.

This is exactly where I'm at, too. Who is willing to come in for a one year audition? I just hope they don't fire Price to hire Larkin, a non-analytical guy. 
Reply/Quote
The good news: Reds pitching has given up a total of four runs in the last two games.

The bad news: They scored zero runs.

Reply/Quote