Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Stand Out Moments
Any moments from this season that stood out? Can be anything from a certain play to an achievement to anything, good or bad. Just something that can stick around in Bengal lore for centuries to come.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We had a historically bad defense and in particular got beat bad in primetime by the Chiefs then a couple weeks later the Saints crushed us. That got our DC Austin fired.
Reply/Quote
Baker v. Hue
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I thought Fejedelem's TD return week 1 to seal the rally win was a good one.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
1) Fej fumble return to seal the deal against the Colts

2) Green reception in the end zone to seal the Falcons game

3) Joe Mixon: just in general. A great year rushing behind this o-line. Dude is talented and arguably our MVP on the offensive side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
The two late defensive scores against Miami was the high point of the season.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Eifert breaking his Ankle against Atlanta thought that ended our season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
In a bad way: the cover zero play against in the Steelers first game. I think that play was the tipping point of the season. After that things just spiraled out of control.

Positive would be the first half of Ravens part 1. But the second half also stood out in a bad way.
Reply/Quote
AJ’s 3 TD game against the Ravens in prime time was pretty cool.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:06 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Tyler Eifert breaking his Ankle against Atlanta thought that ended our season.

Guy has made 5 starts the last 3 seasons. If you're relying on him to not have the season end in Week 4, then you might as well just call it before Week 1.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:15 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: In a bad way: the cover zero play against in the Steelers first game. I think that play was the tipping point of the season. After that things just spiraled out of control.

Positive would be the first half of Ravens part 1. But the second half also stood out in a bad way.

Yep, it was all downhill from that moment.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd the first 13 games.

Joe Mixon all year.
Reply/Quote
The presser when Merv was re-signed , he said Mikey wants to win and they were going to be more aggressive in free agency. Nowhere to go but down after that
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:25 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Any moments from this season that stood out? Can be anything from a certain play to an achievement to anything, good or bad. Just something that can stick around in Bengal lore for centuries to come.

Team started 4-1, then went 2-9 the rest of the way. Epic down slide.

Defense set NFL worst records to go along with Marvin Lewis' NFL worst playoff record to go along with the NFL's worst owner. Everything aligned perfectly for more worsts.

Losing to the Browns not once, but twice.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Guy has made 5 starts the last 3 seasons. If you're relying on him to not have the season end in Week 4, then you might as well just call it before Week 1.

Well I didn't say it was a good idea to rely on him now did I?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:42 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Defense set NFL worst records

Which ones?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Which ones?

You already knew the answer, but here it is anyways:
https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-500-yards-again-crushed-saints-51-14-231928186--nfl.html

Before it happened there was even an article about it and some Bengals players were interviewed about it:
https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/nfl/saints/2018/11/10/history-line-porous-bengals-try-stop-saints/1959468002/

I'm going to start calling you the Mike and Marvin Patheticness Excuse Maker.

Reply/Quote
I don't even remember when exactly Austin got the boot, but somewhere in my mind his hiring was where everything went to shit. It took a little while, but Marvin was at least able to settle down the historically bad defense . Suppose that we had never hired Austin and instead brought in a great defensive mind and further suppose that we hadn't had so many injuries that just about wiped out our offense.. Looking at the record of the rest of the AFCN we might have  won this division.. Oh well. We didn't and we did sustain too many injuries to overcome. 
I'm betting Marvin will be back and next year's DC will be yet another 27 year old diehard battery found in an abandoned junk yard...again  . 
Reply/Quote
Bad. Hue goes 3-36-1 with Cleveland, we hire him as special assistant and go 1-6.
Reply/Quote
The defensive turnovers in Miami, had all of us thinking Austin might be on to something there for a minute. Boy did he dispell that notion in spectacular fashion.
Reply/Quote