Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 draft
after we have another loser season in 2017 should we just rebot this whole thing and start all over? take sam darnold with our first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 04:29 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: after we have another loser season in 2017 should we just rebot this whole thing and start all over? take sam darnold with our first round pick.

I don't think it will be, but if this season is another bad one, that might be the way to go.  For a team like the Bengals, it comes down to having the right bunch of guys and taking opportunity by the throat when you get it.  That's what happened the SB years. 

If it looks like this might not be the right bunch of guys just like Marvin's first bunch of guys, getting rid of them won't solve the problem.  We all know the real problem.

I'd almost be willing to go through being the worst team in the league for a year to get rid of Marvin.  The only problem with that is there wouldn't be a search for his replacement, just a promotion.

You know what the true Bengal culture is?  Fear and stubbornness. That's an insurmountable duo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 04:29 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: after we have another loser season in 2017 should we just rebot this whole thing and start all over? take sam darnold with our first round pick.

With our OL problems and depth and aging on the DL, why would we replace a very serviceable starter in Dalton who's hardly getting old and is playing at a high level?

Let's start filling in our holes with some quality players.

No more projects selected in the upper rounds!

No more drafting injured guys with high round picks!

No sitting guys for 3 years, then wondering why they haven't contributed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't call it a reboot, I would call it making a smart move lol I don't believe dalton makes or breaks this team like people think.
Reply/Quote
Oh and I love darnold
Reply/Quote
Darnold did very well this last year. Definitely would like to see more of him to have a better assessment of how he would be in the NFL. Such as throwing motions and seeing how teams play against him with now knowing what he can do. He has every chance to be taken high.

With that said, I think it depends on the year. This last year, we had one of the worst offensive coordinators and a team that doesn't believe in halftime adjustments. Throw in the worst starting tackle in the NFL, an average to below average center, and runningback who struggled with vision and hitting holes, and it's all on Dalton. Literally, all of it.

With that said, if we have a down year, it'll be interesting to see where the team goes, hopefully with a new coach.

However, my personal want is Saquon Barkley from PSU.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote