Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB-Mason Rudolph-Oklahoma State
I think we should a QB in this years draft. I'm tired of Andy. Yeah he has good stats and all that, but how many times will he keep eyeing one guy down, how many times will he get the ball batted down at the line? Will he ever learn to keep the ball in bounds on a deep ball instead instead of throwing it 10 yards out of bounds? And what i am sick of the most is that grin he does after he does something stupid like "dang it i almost had it" like its his excuse. I think it's time to move on, at least draft one of these qb's in this upcoming draft. Mccaron looked terrible in pre season i don't think he would be the guy either. we need to trade him for anything we can get.

Supposedly this is one of the best qb drafts in years, but theres only one guy that has really stood out to me and that is Mason Rudolph. This guy kind of reminds me of Palmer. He is accurate and has zip on the ball and can throw a great deep ball. His only problem is he eyes one guy down similiar to Andy, but this guy is a gun slinger and lets his receivers make plays unlike Dalton. Dalton never takes chances and he's got Aj Green. If Rudolph was Aj's QB he would have alot more production than what him and Andy do.

Check out Rudolph tonight on FOX at 8pm...I'd take him over Josh Rosen and Darnold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj3vt8AwaEU
Reply/Quote
Every qb on this draft is a pick machine. We don't need a qb we need oline
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 08:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Every qb on this draft is a pick machine. We don't need a qb we need oline

While I'm all for OL, the bolded statement you made is a false one. You also give no evidence to back up said claim.

If you are referring to Sam Darnold then yes, he's trying to play "hero ball" a lot this year and it's led to an increase in interceptions (9).
Josh Rosen has only thrown 5 through half a season. That's not a ton.
Mason Rudolph has only thrown 4 this year and has never thrown double-digit INTs in his college career.
Luke Falk has only thrown 2 this year.
Lamar Jackson just 4.
Baker Mayfield has had no INTs.
Josh Allen just 3 (although he did have 15 last year).

Now let's look at stats from the senior year of some successful NFL QBs that were also all first-round picks:
Aaron Rodgers - 8 INT
Ben Roethlisberger - 10 INT (he had double-digit INTs every year at Miami)
Eli Manning - 10 INT
Peyton Manning - 11 INT
Jameis Winston - 18 INT (had double-digit INTs every year at FSU)

The point I'm trying to make is that calling someone a "pick machine" is probably a little off-base unless you give some clarification of what your definition of an "pick machine" actually is.
My definition is 15+ INTs or more INTs than TDs if less than 15.
Also, just because someone in college has double-digit INTs doesn't mean they won't go on to the NFL and become a star.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: While I'm all for OL, the bolded statement you made is a false one. You also give no evidence to back up said claim.

If you are referring to Sam Darnold then yes, he's trying to play "hero ball" a lot this year and it's led to an increase in interceptions (9).
Josh Rosen has only thrown 5 through half a season. That's not a ton.
Mason Rudolph has only thrown 4 this year and has never thrown double-digit INTs in his college career.
Luke Falk has only thrown 2 this year.
Lamar Jackson just 4.
Baker Mayfield has had no INTs.
Josh Allen just 3 (although he did have 15 last year).

Now let's look at stats from the senior year of some successful NFL QBs that were also all first-round picks:
Aaron Rodgers - 8 INT
Ben Roethlisberger - 10 INT (he had double-digit INTs every year at Miami)
Eli Manning - 10 INT
Peyton Manning - 11 INT
Jameis Winston - 18 INT (had double-digit INTs every year at FSU)

The point I'm trying to make is that calling someone a "pick machine" is probably a little off-base unless you give some clarification of what your definition of an "pick machine" actually is.
My definition is 15+ INTs or more INTs than TDs if less than 15.
Also, just because someone in college has double-digit INTs doesn't mean they won't go on to the NFL and become a star.
Ur right I should have clarified. Every qb in this draft takes unnecessary risks with the ball. Try to fit it into windows they don't have arm for.
Reply/Quote