Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 schedule is a killer
(12-27-2017, 12:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So what you're saying is.....we're looking at a 1-15 season next year?

This is savagely gloomy.

Nah, that's old school Bengal fan way of thinking.  Nobody cares about winning games anymore.  Now it's all bout what draft pick we're gonna get the following year.   

So, don't wait for December 2018 to start cheering for us to tank.  'Cause we're gonna stink it up and draft top five in 2019!  Woo-hoo  Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:47 AM)NKYRob Wrote: What looks tough now could drastically change before the start of next year. I'd reserve any predictions until we see how the draft/free agency period pans out across the league. Not to mention the fact that one injury can change the dynamic of an entire team be it in the coming postseason and/or next year's preseason.

I will agree with you though, that on paper, this looks pretty tough at the moment.

Surely Lewis is aware of the upcoming tough schedule and would NOT want to go out with a 3 win season as his legacy. So he will just go away.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:12 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Believe me, I understand that free agency is taboo inside the walls of PBS. I was referencing more the effect it has on other teams. You know, the ones that actually participate!

Ah, well, other teams use of free agency, yes that will have a impact on the Bengals record next year. I'm sure some of our players will be on those teams we play.  Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Well, at least we get to play the Colts instead of the Texans.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:22 AM)bengals67 Wrote: It is hard to predict wins and losses in 2018 based upon 2017 records but the Bengals are going to have a very hard time next year.

4 games against the Steelers and Ravens and 8 games against the AFC West and the NFC South.

We will be the underdog in all  12 of these games if the Tampa Bay and Oakland games are away.

I think we will also get Houston again ( always a loss) and Miami.

Seriously looking at a 3 to 6 win season next year absent some major changes in the offensive line and possibly a new QB.

AFC West ?? Oakland and Denver had worse records than us... Chargers 9-7, KC is the lowest division seed in the playoffs.. Both other divisions have two playoff teams in the playoffs... so I can;t agree with you on the West 
Reply/Quote
Depending on who is coaching I don't see a complete collapse even with Marvin. Marvin won't take us over the top, but he won't let us become Cleveland bad either. There is just too many good players on this team to go 0-16 or 1-15.. 
I could see between 4 and 8 wins, but without some very solid coaching changes those are our limits.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 03:24 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If Marvin is brought back, especially after all this crap, I am f***ing done. That would be it for me. And I would implore every fan here to join me as I say good riddance to Mike Brown and his family business.

i'll never jump ship.....
just not my style....I dig in & fight harder... Smack

all this doom & gloom.... Rant

we won't play a game for 9 months & 1 week & already you all are crying...... Cry Cry
our O-line is somehow looking a lot better.....we ran the ball pretty well today...I think Dalton was only sacked once.....
pls wait until after the draft for your tears....you might find they're not needed...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 10:57 PM)Steve Wrote: i'll never jump ship.....
just not my style....I dig in & fight harder... Smack

all this doom & gloom.... Rant

we won't play a game for 9 months & 1 week & already you all are crying...... Cry Cry
our O-line is somehow looking a lot better.....we ran the ball pretty well today...I think Dalton was only sacked once.....
pls wait until after the draft for your tears....you might find they're not needed...

Bingo..I get down and say I'm giving up, but I never really have and won't. 
Remember the gloom and doom when Palmer took his ball and went home?  Nearly everyone thought we were toast for at least a generation especially with a rookie QB, BUT they took it to the playoffs that year and for several years. 
We won 6 games this season. SIX! Compare that to the 4-12 season with Palmer, TO and Ochocinco.. I'm not nearly as pessimistic as I sometimes act.. 
We have a good nucleus, but do need some changes, not a complete rebuild. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 11:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: Bingo..I get down and say I'm giving up, but I never really have and won't. 
Remember the gloom and doom when Palmer took his ball and went home?  Nearly everyone thought we were toast for at least a generation especially with a rookie QB, BUT they took it to the playoffs that year and for several years. 
We won 6 games this season. SIX! Compare that to the 4-12 season with Palmer, TO and Ochocinco.. I'm not nearly as pessimistic as I sometimes act.. 
We have a good nucleus, but do need some changes, not a complete rebuild. 
I agree...
I get very mad sometimes....want this or that to be changed....
but the Bengals are the only pro football team this city will EVER have.....so where can I really go...?

w/ a good draft we can win the AFC north next yr....& yes win a play off game....& a SB.....we just have to get on a roll....it can be done....
let's be patient.....see what the draft brings us...& next yr we will see what Ross does for us....be like an extra 1st rd pick....
Reply/Quote