Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2019 Bengals Win Total Over/Under
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832794-post-draft-win-loss-predictions-for-every-nfl-team#slide6

Zac Taylor has taken over for Marvin Lewis, who held the head coaching position for 16 years. Taylor made the jump after spending 2018 as the quarterbacks coach for the Rams, which raises some concerns for the offense, especially with a signal-caller who has a cloudy short-term future.

Bengals owner Mike Brown said he won't discuss an extension with quarterback Andy Dalton until he earns it, per Fletcher Page of the Cincinnati Enquirer: "I think it's a good year for [Dalton] to show like he can, like we think he will. After he re-establishes himself, we would want to get together with him and see if we can extend it."

Dalton has two years left on his deal without any dead money owed for the remainder of his contract, per Spotrac. It's fair that Brown wants to see the 31-year-old signal-caller mesh with the new coaching staff before ironing out an extension.

Dalton has been average over the last two seasons, falling short of 3,400 passing yards with 25 or fewer touchdowns in each term. He's played with A.J. Green for his entire career, but the Bengals' passing attack ranked top-10 in yards once with the tandem. Tight end Tyler Eifert hasn't played more than eight games in a season since 2015. Wideout Tyler Boyd has to build upon his best season in a new system.

Offensively, the Bengals have too many what-ifs, uncertainties and a recent history of mediocrity. Lou Anarumo served as a defensive play-caller in an interim role with the Miami Dolphins in 2015; that's his only coordinator experience in the NFL. He's tasked with flipping the league's 30th scoring defense (28.4 points allowed per game) and 32nd defense overall (413.6 yards allowed per game) into a solid unit.

Amid a regime shift, Cincinnati's season could run off the rails, especially if Dalton doesn't come out strong.

New coaches usually want to mold a roster in their vision, and the AFC North is a competitive division. The Cleveland Browns' expectations are on the rise, and Ben Roethlisberger is still under center in Pittsburgh. The Bengals will also play against the Patriots and the Rams, and they open the season on the road in Seattle.

2018 Results: 6-10

Prediction: 5-11

What do you all think? Bengals are over/under for 6 wins in Vegas. Take the over or the under?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 01:39 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832794-post-draft-win-loss-predictions-for-every-nfl-team#slide6

Zac Taylor has taken over for Marvin Lewis, who held the head coaching position for 16 years. Taylor made the jump after spending 2018 as the quarterbacks coach for the Rams, which raises some concerns for the offense, especially with a signal-caller who has a cloudy short-term future.

Bengals owner Mike Brown said he won't discuss an extension with quarterback Andy Dalton until he earns it, per Fletcher Page of the Cincinnati Enquirer: "I think it's a good year for [Dalton] to show like he can, like we think he will. After he re-establishes himself, we would want to get together with him and see if we can extend it."

Dalton has two years left on his deal without any dead money owed for the remainder of his contract, per Spotrac. It's fair that Brown wants to see the 31-year-old signal-caller mesh with the new coaching staff before ironing out an extension.

Dalton has been average over the last two seasons, falling short of 3,400 passing yards with 25 or fewer touchdowns in each term. He's played with A.J. Green for his entire career, but the Bengals' passing attack ranked top-10 in yards once with the tandem. Tight end Tyler Eifert hasn't played more than eight games in a season since 2015. Wideout Tyler Boyd has to build upon his best season in a new system.

Offensively, the Bengals have too many what-ifs, uncertainties and a recent history of mediocrity. Lou Anarumo served as a defensive play-caller in an interim role with the Miami Dolphins in 2015; that's his only coordinator experience in the NFL. He's tasked with flipping the league's 30th scoring defense (28.4 points allowed per game) and 32nd defense overall (413.6 yards allowed per game) into a solid unit.

Amid a regime shift, Cincinnati's season could run off the rails, especially if Dalton doesn't come out strong.

New coaches usually want to mold a roster in their vision, and the AFC North is a competitive division. The Cleveland Browns' expectations are on the rise, and Ben Roethlisberger is still under center in Pittsburgh. The Bengals will also play against the Patriots and the Rams, and they open the season on the road in Seattle.

What do you all think? Bengals are over/under for 6 wins in Vegas. Take the over or the under?

I'd take the over. Their schedule is of the easiest this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
5 wins seems pretty severe seeing as we won more than that without Andy/AJ most of the season. It's possible our new coaches are in over their heads and this is a "take your lumps" sort of season, but again, we shouldn't be worse than a squad that had to start Driskel so much.
Reply/Quote
Vegas odds can eat it. Smack
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I could see us being 4-12 or 12-4 depending on health. I don't see many teams that have a better QB to skill position ratio than us. Our offensive Line should be better with Jonah and an improved Price, Defensive line will be themselves with an healthy Lawson, our Secondary is near elite, and our LB core will be better with Pratt and a healthy Vigil.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 02:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Vegas odds can eat it.   Smack

Last year the number was 6 and I bet OVER.

Kiss that $100 goodbye.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 02:20 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Last year the number was 6 and I bet OVER.

Kiss that $100 goodbye.

If not for injuries, Bengals would have been 7-9 at the least.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 01:39 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832794-post-draft-win-loss-predictions-for-every-nfl-team#slide6

If the Bengals don't beat last year's win total, which was accomplished with a ton of injuries, then Taylor's days will be numbered and it won't be a very high number days either.

I'd say Taylor has 2 years to show he's the right guy for the job. If not, it will be a new coach who will be getting the QB he wants from the 2021 draft.

All of that said, this team should win more than 6 games. The team will have to win against some teams that showed better than they did last season.

Reply/Quote
Over. 10-6

Reply/Quote
I'd say 7 or 8 wins. Could be 6 at the lowest.

I don't see us being extremely bad.
Reply/Quote
Vegas has o/u at 6 right now which would put them in bottom 5 of NFL. I think injuries and tough schedule doomed them last year, and they still managed 6 wins. I gonna say over and they go 7-9.

Honestly, would rather see Bengals go 3-13 and draft Tua, but that’s just one idiot’s opinion.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 03:21 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Vegas has o/u at 6 right now which would put them in bottom 5 of NFL. I think injuries and tough schedule doomed them last year, and they still managed 6 wins. I gonna say over and they go 7-9.

Honestly, would rather see Bengals go 3-13 and draft Tua, but that’s just one idiot’s opinion.

I could handle that.  4 losing seasons in a row would merit some big time shakeups, wouldn't it?  May as well suck out loud.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I'm sold on Tua.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 03:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not sure I'm sold on Tua.

Me either, but I can’t quite figure why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 03:21 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Honestly, would rather see Bengals go 3-13 and draft Tua, but that’s just one idiot’s opinion.

So you think if we go 3-13 it will be because of Dalton?

Sorry, but I don't see how.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 03:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I could handle that.  4 losing seasons in a row would merit some big time shakeups, wouldn't it?  May as well suck out loud.

It would mean we are getting worse instead of better.

How the hell is that a good thing?
Reply/Quote
That seems crazy low, then again our head coach has never even been a coordinator before so that definitely has to factor into it.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think if we go 3-13 it will be because of Dalton?

Sorry, but I don't see how.

If Dalton plays the whole year and we go 3-13, then yes, I would say it falls on Dalton.  There's way too much talent on this roster to be as bad as those 90s teams were.

Green, Boyd, Atkins, Dunlap, Mixon, WJ3, Bates .......  plus a lot of solid players.  There's no way this team goes 3-13 without really bad QB play.

That being said, I can't see a healthy Dalton winning less than 6 games.
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting better outcomes that 2018, but I've been wrong before. I was never quite sold on Taylor as HC and even less sold on our new DC and even less sold than that on our new OL coach..
With everything in my mind trending downward it can only mean one thing.. SUPER BOWL BABY! At least one of our player's wives expecting new children it seems logical one will be born around superbowl time.. hence a super bowl baby..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 04:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If Dalton plays the whole year and we go 3-13, then yes, I would say it falls on Dalton. 

Wow.

Just let me make sure I understand your position.  Dalton, who was 5-6 as a starter last year and has never in his career been 3 games under .500 in a season, comes back with the same players around him but a NEW COACH, and when we go 3-13 it is DALTON'S fault?

That is some brilliant logic. LOL
Reply/Quote