Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2019 Bengals Win Total Over/Under
With all the bad things that happened last year, Austin, Haslett, the Linebackers, the injuries, basically poor coaching, we won 6 games... I find the thought of us only winning 6 games this year with Lou, Tem, Pratt and an offensive minded coach with Callahan and Van Pelt being back just crazy.

We also added Jonah Williams and Drew Sample, Price should get much better too.

Simmons is a decent ST's coach.

I would say all 3 phases should be WAY better. Thinking we will have some growing pains early but once it all comes together we should win 10 or 11 games. If we get into the Playoffs we could make a run too.
Reply/Quote
9-7 realistic for me... and that's losing to Steelers twice, splitting Browns, Ravens.

Bad luck 8-8 or 7-9

I don't see this being a 5-6 win team at all.

Free agency post draft cuts will help me build more confidence in depth and LB corps.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would mean we are getting worse instead of better.

How the hell is that a good thing?

The same way 4-12 in 2010 helped usher in a golden age?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Isn't it a bit premature to project wins?

Yes we had a nice draft and yes so far the new coaching staff seems to have a coherent plan and is acting on it. But to be honest I want to at least see them in preseason to get a feel for the on the field impact of ZT and company.
Reply/Quote
I see 9-7 this year if healthy but I also think the Offense will be grinding to victories so maybe 10 wins this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 07:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Isn't it a bit premature to project wins?

Yes we had a nice draft and yes so far the new coaching staff seems to have a coherent plan and is acting on it. But to be honest I want to at least see them in preseason to get a feel for the on the field impact of ZT and company.

Meh, beats talking about uniforms.  Orange and white is the best, anyway, and we all know that  Tongue 

Not understanding all the negativity at this point of the year. Sweet Jebus, let's at least get past Labor Day before we start bailing on the new regime.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I would take the over myself...I'm feeling a 10 win season at least but it's just a feeling.

This isn't me being a homer either because the homer in me say 7-9 or 8-8 for some odd reason. This feeling though is strong and I'm seeing 10+ wins this year, no first round bye but winning two playoff games...it's crazy!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I say 7-9. Our division opponents are gonna destroy our LB corps... the D will still be like a sore toe.
We will have the typical rookie mistakes from coaching to players. The vets will be playing more motivated though...
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting anywhere from 6-8 wins. It's pretty rare (though not unheard of) that first time head coaches hop into a new team with immediate success. Despite going 6-10 last season, Cincinnati does have quite a bit of talent on it's roster but between a rookie head coach and several brand new coaches on the coaching staff, I don't expect the Bengals to come rushing out of the gate. I expect Cincinnati to be drafting anywhere from 10-18 next season, largely due to their defense.

There are simply too many questions right now to have full confidence in the success of the team in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 07:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Isn't it a bit premature to project wins?

That's what I say.

I'd like to get a feel for how this team is jelling in the preseason before I start projecting wins. That said I really don't see us getting worse. I'll take the over and hold my prediction for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I say 7-9. Our division opponents are gonna destroy our LB corps...  the D will still be like a sore toe.  
We will have the typical rookie mistakes from coaching to players. The vets will be playing  more motivated though...

The Ratbirds can't throw the football, Stoolers have one receiver worth a damn and Cleveland will be in meltdown mode come Week Four. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm expecting anywhere from 6-8 wins. It's pretty rare (though not unheard of) that first time head coaches hop into a new team with immediate success. Despite going 6-10 last season, Cincinnati does have quite a bit of talent on it's roster but between a rookie head coach and several brand new coaches on the coaching staff, I don't expect the Bengals to come rushing out of the gate. I expect Cincinnati to be drafting anywhere from 10-18 next season, largely due to their defense.

There are simply too many questions right now to have full confidence in the success of the team in 2019.

We needed brand new coaches.

One would be a fool to not question Marv, Haslett, Austin, Lazor and company.

Just because Taylor is a rookie coach doesn't mean he doesn't know what he is doing and from what i am seeing he does know. He has put together the largest coaching staff in Bengals history with coaches that he has chemistry with and he is comfortable with. The team just made a major statement in improving the O-line and adding a couple great tackling LB's for our new LB coach to work with.

I don't understand the sentiment of acting like we will be worse with an offensive minded HC that is not a Steelers fan, Callahan, Van Pelt back, Lou Anarumo instead of Austin, Tem instead of Haslett etc.

I say we will be better, it will take some time for the coaches and players to meld, but it will be much better than last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 09:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, beats talking about uniforms.  Orange and white is the best, anyway, and we all know that  Tongue 

Yeah, the Creamsicle look.  Wink

Awful!
Reply/Quote
easily over.... I say we are in the playoff hunt come decemeber
Reply/Quote
As much as I want to call up the spirit of rabbi from the old Bengals board who perennially posted "7-9 at best" , the reality is we didn't fix our defense and have too many holes. 4 wins.
Reply/Quote
Even Marvin Lewis won eight games his first year. I predict Zac Taylor will do at least that well: 9-7.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 05:52 PM)yang Wrote: As much as I want to call up the spirit of rabbi  from the old Bengals board who perennially posted "7-9 at best" , the reality is we didn't fix our defense and have too many holes.   4 wins.

Just curious but what did we do to get worse?

What key player or coach did we lose?
Reply/Quote
4-2 in the AFC North with a Lost to the Steelers and Browns while sweeping the Ravens. The Steelers offensive line is really good and the Browns defense is great....the Ravens are very gimmicky on offense and lost alot of stars on defense they didnt replace.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 05:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even Marvin Lewis won eight games his first year.  I predict Zac Taylor will do at least that well: 9-7.

with kitna no less
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think if we go 3-13 it will be because of Dalton?

Sorry, but I don't see how.
I am saying 9 and 7. And all of this depends greatly on the health of our key players.The AFC-N just beats the crap out of players and injuries in this division are always very high.I personally hate that,but in order to be a contender in this we MUST GET STRONGER AND TOUGHER.Our guys need to adopt the mindset that we are going to hand out the punishment and hence stay standing longer much like the stoolers have done forever.Got to be the punisher,now lets get to work.I want to win,but the players have to want it more than the fans. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote