Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2019 Bengals Win Total Over/Under
(05-01-2019, 02:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Over. 10-6

What he said.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 07:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Isn't it a bit premature to project wins?

Yes we had a nice draft and yes so far the new coaching staff seems to have a coherent plan and is acting on it. But to be honest I want to at least see them in preseason to get a feel for the on the field impact of ZT and company.

Too soon? I'm sure there are 2020 mock drafts out there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 07:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Isn't it a bit premature to project wins?

Not at all. We are in a much better place currently than we were at this time last year. Traditionally, the draft gives us reason for hope. But this year with the new coaches and players, the sky is the limit on what we can accomplish and my hope cup runneth over. I can easily see a 10-6 season next year with the possibility of being even better. With a healthy team and a new philosophy going into next year, I see nothing but upside. It's going to make a huge difference with a coach who will play to win instead of one who would play not to lose.

I would say we are going 16-0, but don't want to sounds like a homer!  Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Vegas isn't in the business of predicting outcomes, they are in the business of making money. A lot more people bet against the Bengals than for the Bengals which drives the spread and ou down. Cowboys are the exact opposite. That being said ide be surprised if they only won 6. Ide be happy with 9.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 04:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If Dalton plays the whole year and we go 3-13, then yes, I would say it falls on Dalton.  There's way too much talent on this roster to be as bad as those 90s teams were.

Green, Boyd, Atkins, Dunlap, Mixon, WJ3, Bates .......  plus a lot of solid players.  There's no way this team goes 3-13 without really bad QB play.

That being said, I can't see a healthy Dalton winning less than 6 games.

You are so off base. Andy Dalton has done good things behind an inferior o-line. I’m not a Dalton apologist or hater, I think he is a solid starter but could be great behind a better o-line. He does have share of mistakes.

That said if we go 3-13 it will be because of defense, and more specifically because of the linebacking core. If you watched this team last year at all you would understand the reasoning behind that. In case you missed it, the D was dead last in ‘18.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2019, 01:09 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: You are so off base. Andy Dalton has done good things behind an inferior o-line. I’m not a Dalton apologist or hater, I think he is a solid starter but could be great behind a better o-line. He does have share of mistakes.

That said if we go 3-13 it will be because of defense, and more specifically because of the linebacking core. If you watched this team last year at all you would understand the reasoning behind that. In case you missed it, the D was dead last in ‘18.

If we go 3-13 it's because of major injuries
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 05:52 PM)yang Wrote: As much as I want to call up the spirit of rabbi  from the old Bengals board who perennially posted "7-9 at best" , the reality is we didn't fix our defense and have too many holes.   4 wins.

Dang Yang.
It was "6-10 at best, it's true, it's true!"
This team didn't tread water. I wasn't thrilled with FA, but looks like a solid draft. Going with over. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote