Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft 1st rd revisit
(07-06-2023, 09:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: We shoula drafted Johnny Football..we'd all be snorting cocaine to forget about it..  Ninja

Speaking of JF, I was driving through Erie PA coming home from vacation last week and spotted a guy wearing a Johnny Football shirt.  I damn near ran off the road.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 10:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sample and Finley were picks I think most of us knew were bad at the time.

Sample was hands down the worst draft pick of the Taylor era. Terrible pick at that point of the draft.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2023, 09:51 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Somebody likely made this point ready somewhere, but I don't recall seeing it....and this board pretty dang slow these days so....

Recall how we all had Devin Bush targeted for our pick...only to have the Stealers trade up just before our pick and take him?

Well, Bush ended up being a turd who regresses every year. So they merely saved us from ourselves.  But not only that,   if we had taken him we likely would not have drafted Germaine Pratt in the third Rd.  A player who only keeps getting better and IMHO has turned into clutch and stud LB...that Pit will have to face for another 3 years.

Just a satisfying tidbit for my fellow Stealer haters...

I think the funny part is that everyone thought we were going to take a LB.  I don't think that was ever the plan for us - it was OT all the way.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2023, 09:09 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Sample was hands down the worst draft pick of the Taylor era. Terrible pick at that point of the draft.

I dunno... He sucks and all but he's still in the league. They traded up for Finley. Just that lil bit of extra effort puts that one over the top for me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote