I hope I grow to love the 2nd pick TE, but I do like it

I like the LB in the 3rd

I was not a Findley fan so even though value, I see him as a career back up

I like and not love the OG or DL

The rest was kind of meh to me

I hope I am dead wrong and it is an A

What is your grade?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I give them a B-.

I loved the first pick.

I hope I grow to love the 2nd pick TE

I like the LB in the 3rd

I was not a Findley fan so even though value, I see him as a career back up

I like and not love the OG or DL

The rest was kind of meh to me

I hope I am dead wrong and it is an A

I don’t know. Same day draft grades are useless. But I appreciate Coach Taylor attempting to improve the O line and thus the run game.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:26 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don’t know. Same day draft grades are useless. But I appreciate Coach Taylor attempting to improve the O line and thus the run game.

I agree Bonnie. We know in year or 2

Also agree Zac is building the trenches on offense

Just doing it for fun though

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This draft we are missing a guy that we got in the later rounds that can be intriguing. Whether it be a guy like geno, Carl Lawson, or even Billings. There isn’t that guy that I see that you want to find out more about. I agree on sample. Either the bengals will look like they are geniuses, or complete idiots, the guy from the 3rd could go either way as well. I just hope our first round pick isn’t our only pick that works out, or it could be a long year.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:30 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This draft we are missing a guy that we got in the later rounds that can be intriguing. Whether it be a guy like geno, Carl Lawson, or even Billings. There isn’t that guy that I see that you want to find out more about. I agree on sample. Either the bengals will look like they are geniuses, or complete idiots, the guy from the 3rd could go either way as well. I just hope our first round pick isn’t our only pick that works out, or it could be a long year.

I think the DT in round 4 is intriguing and so is Jordan from OSU

The 6th running back looks to have insane talent if he can get and stay healthy

Reply/Quote
Love the diverse draft.. filling needs across the board., actually making a couple trades..rare in Bengal land... i really like what most seem to fill a reflection of the new coaching staff

with that I am going A
Reply/Quote
I think the positions were hit properly. OLine, TE and LB were the positions that needed day 1 and 2 picks. Dline, LB, CB, guard, RB and QB needed back up picks.

You may disagree with the value of some players specifically (especially the 2nd round) but you can't say our needs weren't addressed :). Especially since the player people seemed most outraged to have missed in the 2nd round lasted until the 5th so...seriously what do any of us actually know about these players?

I'm pretty happy about it. Not sure why we took two RBs, but eh. They're late round picks, so who really cares.

If I were to assign an arbitrary grade to the draft on the whole I'd go with a B.
Reply/Quote
D+ because the Brown family hasn’t convinced me they know anything on how to win. The Steelers had a good draft and they played the draft board like they do playing football.... aggressive while we sit and draft backups. Only pick I really like was Jonah Williams. All the others are backups

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Love the diverse draft.. filling needs across the board., actually making a couple trades..rare in Bengal land... i really like what most seem to fill a reflection of the new coaching staff

with that I am going A

They did seem to address need while building in the trenches.

I think if Sample becomes a dominant blocker this draft could end up an "A"

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:36 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: D+ because the Brown family hasn’t convinced me they know anything on how to win.  The Steelers had a good draft and they played the draft board like they do playing football.... aggressive while we sit and draft backups.  Only pick I really like was Jonah Williams.  All the others are backups

Interesting

I thought Steeler's got 1 starter in this draft and left a lot of questions

Remember, you have to factor in losing Brown also since they got picks for him

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the DT in round 4 is intriguing and so is Powell from OSU

The 6th running back looks to have insane talent if he can get and stay healthy

I have no idea who Powell is as we didn’t draft a Powell unless you’re referring to Michael Jordan from Ohio state they gave us a d+ on that pick. The kid from az state is a load and could hopefully turn out to be something special
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting

And we lost Burfict and got nothing so what is your point? The Steelers filled in some holes. The kid from Toledo is a sleeper and Devin Bush is a stud.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting

I liked their selection of Devin Bush and Justin Layne. I thought Diontae Johnson was a pretty big reach and the rest of the players they drafted I hadn't even heard of but all seem to be pretty huge reaches in their own right. I'm not sure what was so impressive about their picks haha.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a school kid, I won't give it a school grade. I will say that it looks like a very good draft and ESPN and NFL Network both had high praise for Bengals picks. They got a little of all they needed. Blocking, Defense, Tight End, Quarterback, Running Back, They are far better than where they were on players Wednesday. I like the new coaches and the players drafted. NEW DEY. NEW DEY

OK, If Bengals got players to give them BLOCKING. If Bengals got players to give them DEFENSE. If Bengals got a TE they can maybe count on more. If Bengals got Running Back depth. If Bengals got a Good Quarterback to back-up and grow into a starter. Those are ALL things Bengals needed, so I give them an A. If the Last Place Bengals went out and addressed their weakest areas, Which They Did, then that calls for an A. They also took the BAA players as they did this, so that even more means an A. It seems Coach Taylor had a say in all these picks, not just Front Office as in past, and that really calls for an A

I'm not comparing what other teams did. I know what Bengals weak areas have been, Blocking and Tackling. Bengals addressed those areas in the Draft. Bengals also drafted Blocking and Tackling in 2018, and those players are young and on the rise also. Some of those Front 7 D players from Ohio State last year looked good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:43 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I have no idea who Powell is as we didn’t draft a Powell unless you’re referring to Michael Jordan from Ohio state they gave us a d+ on that pick. The kid from az state is a load and could hopefully turn out to be something special

Yes Jordon, my bad

I know they gave us a D+, but he intrigues me

The media gave us a "C" for Sample, so will they be correct as that grade says to me non starter, I think they are wrong or maybe I hope it

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:36 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: D+ because the Brown family hasn’t convinced me they know anything on how to win.  The Steelers had a good draft and they played the draft board like they do playing football.... aggressive while we sit and draft backups.  Only pick I really like was Jonah Williams.  All the others are backups

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:44 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: And we lost Burfict and got nothing so what is your point?  The Steelers filled in some holes.  The kid from Toledo is a sleeper and Devin Bush is a stud.  

I said a starter (Bush)

Kid from Toledo or A. Brown,,,get out of here with trying to say a rookie will surpass AB in 2019

We got Pratt for Burfict BTW

Reply/Quote
A+ as i said in the Draft thread. Got the best most versatile OT, the best blocking TE that can catch and hopefully stay healthy, got my 2nd favorite LB that can play SAM (which we have desperately needed for years), a very accurate, tall smart QB that fits the system as a backup, an athletic freak DT that can stop the run and can play NT or 3-tech, a steal in Trayveon Williams, one of the best diagnosing tackling LB's in the nation in Davis, a talented RB in Rodney Anderson and a ST's player for Simmons in the 7th with Brown.

Best Draft i have seen in awhile that solidifies the trenches and adds the Linebackers we need. Still can add Derron Lee or another LB if we need to.

I am very happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes Jordon, my bad

I know they gave us a D+, but he intrigues me

The media gave us a "C" for Sample, so will they be correct as that grade says to me non starter, I think they are wrong or maybe I hope it

He may never be a "starter", but I think he'll rotate in and out often. I expect he'll be on the field a lot.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A+ as i said in the Draft thread. Got the best most versatile OT, the best blocking TE that can catch and hopefully stay healthy, got my 2nd favorite LB that can play SAM (which we have desperately needed for years), a very accurate, tall smart QB that fits the system as a backup, an athletic freak DT that can stop the run and can play NT or 3-tech, a steal in Trayveon Williams, one of the best diagnosing tackling LB's in the nation in Davis, a talented RB in Rodney Anderson and a ST's player for Simmons in the 7th with Brown.

Best Draft i have seen in awhile that solidifies the trenches and adds the Linebackers we need. Still can add Derron Lee or another LB if we need to.

I am very happy.

I agree about hopefully we are not done in FA or a LB trade

Reply/Quote