Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & DB
(10-02-2018, 12:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: unfortunately after the Eifert injury, TE has now become a need.  I hope they keep Dennard because #27 is inconsistent as hell.  They still need RT and RG.  Redmond is okay, have yet to see Westerman.  Speed at Mike backer is necessary I think.  

I definitely have TE as a top 3 need now. Rumors are swirling that we're only going to re-sign Kroft of Uzomah. I know the team is high on Schreck, but we'll need to look for a starter. I would say we need more speed at LB, but the team seems content with Vigil and Evans. We'll probably re-sign Brown as well. We definitely need to find ourselves a new RT. Hart is terrible so we can only imagine what Ced and Fisher looked like in camp.

We'll also need to look for a slot corner. Dennard is looking good and is earning himself a nice 2nd contract. We should/could be able to keep him. By the time WJ3 is up for an extension, Dre 's deal won't cost us much to cut him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:23 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I definitely have TE as a top 3 need now. Rumors are swirling that we're only going to re-sign Kroft of Uzomah. I know the team is high on Schreck, but we'll need to look for a starter. I would say we need more speed at LB, but the team seems content with Vigil and Evans. We'll probably re-sign Brown as well. We definitely need to find ourselves a new RT. Hart is terrible so we can only imagine what Ced and Fisher looked like in camp.

We'll also need to look for a slot corner. Dennard is looking good and is earning himself a nice 2nd contract. We should/could be able to keep him. By the time WJ3 is up for an extension, Dre 's deal won't cost us much to cut him.

I agree. Seems like there are still so many holes to fill.  Yet, this year's draft is loaded with outstanding D-Line prospects.  The Bengals are okay with Vigil.  Evans is inconsistent.  Burfict is good for 10-12 games per year.  So they still need a speed backer.  Bates is good FS but Williams is still out of position at safety.  I see them drafting OT or DT round 1-2, TE round 3, backer round 4.  Dennard is earning a 2nd contract.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree. Seems like there are still so many holes to fill.  Yet, this year's draft is loaded with outstanding D-Line prospects.  The Bengals are okay with Vigil.  Evans is inconsistent.  Burfict is good for 10-12 games per year.  So they still need a speed backer.  Bates is good FS but Williams is still out of position at safety.  I see them drafting OT or DT round 1-2, TE round 3, backer round 4.  Dennard is earning a 2nd contract.  

Malik Jefferson is a speedy LB. He also has experience playing multiple LB spots. I’d like to see him get some reps before already planning to draft a LB high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd really like the draft to look like this next year:

1) OT or DT

2) OT or DT

3) SS

4) TE

5) Guard

6) SLB

7) QB
Reply/Quote
Watching a good bit of the Stanford/Utah game last night, a couple of things stood out to me. Utah is a very physical team, and just by looking, seems like their OL coach is prepping his players to with the mentality to the liking of coach Pollack. Just a though..

The other thing that jumped off the screen at me? That 6'7" TE from Stanford. He can out muscle for the ball, yet is so fluid and crisp in his route running, with hands of glue. Can't remember his name, or even what year he's in. But, for others that might have seen the game, I'm talking about the one with the long hair.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The other thing that jumped off the screen at me?  That 6'7" TE from Stanford.  He can out muscle for the ball, yet is so fluid and crisp in his route running, with hands of glue.  Can't remember his name, or even what year he's in.  But, for others that might have seen the game, I'm talking about the one with the long hair.

Kaden Smith is who you are thinking of possibly.  He went 8/120 last night.  I would guess that he is a round 1/round 2 guy.

They have another tall TE also though...Colby Parkinson.  He's a prospect also.

Both are draft eligible. Might be redshirt sophs.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind a tight end and round 2 as long as they get that right tackle in round 1
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 12:09 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Kaden Smith is who you are thinking of possibly.  He went 8/120 last night.  I would guess that he is a round 1/round 2 guy.

Both are draft eligible.  Might be redshirt sophs.

Actually, I had the wrong guy in mind.  It was Trent Irwin, he's actually a SR WR.  (had to look up their depth chart to jog my memory)  The routes that they had him running made me think he was a TE.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That Center from Georgia seems like the real deal. Gaillard. I wish he played RT.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 12:09 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Kaden Smith is who you are thinking of possibly.  He went 8/120 last night.  I would guess that he is a round 1/round 2 guy.

Both are draft eligible.  Might be redshirt sophs.

Thats who CBS sports has us picking.. Still really early to be talking draft, but it'll be here soon enough.. I'd rather get Fant, but....
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's really going to boil down to where we are drafting (as usual). I have us either winning the North or missing by a game. That would put us in the 20-24 range.

That being said, If I was running the show I would try to find the following:

1. RT. The draft is loaded with pretty good tackles this year. This is a major need.
2. Speed/Coverage LB. I don't care if it's a safety that we convert or if its a smallish speed guy, but we need a guy who can cover a TE and RB.
3. TE. This needs to be a speed/receiving threat.
4. OG. Even if they stick with Redmond, Boling is getting up in age.

Of course the wildcard is if a top 10 prospect falls. If that's the case - the above go right out the window.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 02:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's really going to boil down to where we are drafting (as usual).  I have us either winning the North or missing by a game.  That would put us in the 20-24 range.

1.  RT.  The draft is loaded with pretty good tackles this year.  This is a major need.
2.  Speed/Coverage LB.  I don't care if it's a safety that we convert or if its a smallish speed guy, but we need a guy who can cover a TE and RB.
3.  TE.  This needs to be a speed/receiving threat.
4.  OG.  Even if they stick with Redmond, Boling is getting up in age.  

Of course the wildcard is if a top 10 prospect falls.  If that's the case - the above go right out the window.
I like this but so far this year I have not seen anything from defensive tackle other than Geno Atkins so I'm wondering if they're going to grab a defensive tackle next but 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 02:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's really going to boil down to where we are drafting (as usual). I have us either winning the North or missing by a game. That would put us in the 20-24 range.

1. RT. The draft is loaded with pretty good tackles this year. This is a major need.
2. Speed/Coverage LB. I don't care if it's a safety that we convert or if its a smallish speed guy, but we need a guy who can cover a TE and RB.
3. TE. This needs to be a speed/receiving threat.
4. OG. Even if they stick with Redmond, Boling is getting up in age.

Of course the wildcard is if a top 10 prospect falls. If that's the case - the above go right out the window.

We definitely agree on the four positions the Bengals should prioritize. I can totally see TE being selected although I’d go OL or LB instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Trey Adams at LT and Devin white at lber
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Trey Adams at LT and Devin white at lber

Will Trey Adams be there when the Bengal's pick?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Will Trey Adams be there when the Bengal's pick?

It's Risner, Williams, or Little.  Adams is currently a huge gamble, to me anyway, what with ACL last year and back surgery this year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's Risner, Williams, or Little.  Adams is currently a huge gamble, to me anyway, what with ACL last year and back surgery this year.  

Agree on Trey Adams. I'm not comfortable drafting a guy with knee and back problems at a position where leverage is key. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's Risner, Williams, or Little.  Adams is currently a huge gamble, to me anyway, what with ACL last year and back surgery this year.  

Don’t forget David Edwards from Wisconsin.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 11:08 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Don’t forget David Edwards from Wisconsin.

David Edwards is on my radar.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
If any of you can watch Georgia, watch that Center Gaillard. He is special I think.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote