Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & DB
Watching the Bama vs OU game, concentrating on Jonah Williams at LT for Bama and Cody Ford at RT for OU. Well into the first half and both have been pretty impressive, getting key blocks on TD’s and not giving up any immediate pressure.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 11:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Watching the Bama vs OU game, concentrating on Jonah Williams at LT for Bama and Cody Ford at RT for OU. Well into the first half and both have been pretty impressive, getting key blocks on TD’s and not giving up any immediate pressure.

I think it was 92 for Alabama looked like a beast.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 11:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Watching the Bama vs OU game, concentrating on Jonah Williams at LT for Bama and Cody Ford at RT for OU. Well into the first half and both have been pretty impressive, getting key blocks on TD’s and not giving up any immediate pressure.
He projects as guard in the NFL(Ford) but I want to get both Ford and Lindstrom and that way we can play Ford at rt as hell still be good there and Lindstrom at rg.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 06:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think it was 92 for Alabama looked like a beast.  

That’s Quinnen Williams, a likely top 5 pick if he decides to go pro.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:56 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That’s Quinnen Williams, a likely top 5 pick if he decides to go pro.

Yea, if he fell to us I'd run to the podium to take him but with Aaron Donalds success I think teams jump on him in the top 5. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, if he fell to us I'd run to the podium to take him but with Aaron Donalds success I think teams jump on him in the top 5. 

Dt1
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, if he fell to us I'd run to the podium to take him but with Aaron Donalds success I think teams jump on him in the top 5. 

If  Jones, Simmons, or Oliver are there  then one of those has to be the pick. 3T is the most important position in the NFL outside of QB right now so I think there will be a lot taken in the top 10 this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If  Jones, Simmons, or Oliver are there  then one of those has to be the pick. 3T is the most important position in the NFL outside of QB right now so I think there will be a lot taken in the top 10 this year.

See that's where I disagree, I think you see a lot go in the 1st but after the last couple "big time" DT's we've seen drafted be underwhelming the rest slide. I think Williams has Donald like qualities the other are good but more mid to late 1st type guys. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: See that's where I disagree, I think you see a lot go in the 1st but after the last couple "big time" DT's we've seen drafted be underwhelming the rest slide. I think Williams has Donald like qualities the other are good but more mid to late 1st type guys. 

Bengals could always look for a nickel DT too instead of a full-time DT. I think it really would depend on the new coaching brought in though.
Would the Bengals be willing to demote Billings to backup NT and get a true 3-down DT to put at NT?
If so, which DTs would that be in this draft? Maybe Raekwon Davis? Derrick Brown? Christian Wilkins since he's up to 315 lbs?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals could always look for a nickel DT too instead of a full-time DT. I think it really would depend on the new coaching brought in though.
Would the Bengals be willing to demote Billings to backup NT and get a true 3-down DT to put at NT?
If so, which DTs would that be in this draft? Maybe Raekwon Davis? Derrick Brown? Christian Wilkins since he's up to 315 lbs?

I'd wait to see what DC gets hired. I think Glasgow and Ringo give us options on the roster right now. I think Andre Brown who we drafted last year also offers some options. Too be honest though I don't want two DT's on the line in known pass rushing situations, I want my best pure pass rushers in. Geno may be one, but that is pretty rare that a DT is one of your best pass rushers. 

The Giants made a living during their Super Bowl with their NASCAR package which was just that there best pass rushers on the line no matter what position they played. Getting a DE on a guard is normally a mismatch I like if the DE is above average and it's why we have done it over the years. 

If we were sitting in the Browns situation right now with a plethora of talent, I'd consider it as a luxury pick but we aren't there currently. I think the elephant in the room is we may need to take another CB high, which I know won't go over well here.
Reply/Quote