Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & DB
(11-03-2018, 09:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who in the heck is Yestermna?  And, Cordy Glenn at RT??  I don't think so.  His big knock is his drive blocking, or lack thereof..  You most definitely want a strong, run blocking Tackle on the Right side.  While Hart sucks at pass pro, his run blocking is about his only saving grace.
Westerman. Sorry was typing that quickly at work. Cordy Glenn at rt his size alone. There is a reason Glenn was supposed to be a guard in the NFL. Or we can put trey Adams at rt for now. His player comp is Taylor lewan. Dosent matter which tackle spot he plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 07:39 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It makes absolutely no sense! Yestermna .needs to be starting. He's obviously the second best guard on the team! That said Redmond has allowed the most qb hits, pressures, and penalties of any guard in the NFL. And the reason I said much more is because u can when around a tackle. Te/rb chios etc etc. Not so much around a guard... And gart when he's good is pretty decent. He's just too inconsistent. U know I'm a Trey Adams guy through and through so if we could get Adams at left tackle put westerman at rg and Glenn at rt? Man all of a sudden that's a pretty nasty oline. But again. I go back to if white or Harry is there? If Harry is there? That's a pick that would piss off the fan base me included but he's a top 3 talent in this draft.

Sorry Jpoore, but Adams is returning to Washington for a 5th year
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/huskies-left-tackle-trey-adams-plans-to-return-for-a-fifth-year-chris-petersen-confirms/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Devin White's stock took a serious hit, Saturday Night..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Devin White's stock took a serious hit, Saturday Night..

?

Didn't he have like 8 tackles in one half?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 07:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sorry Jpoore, but Adams is returning to Washington for a 5th year
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/huskies-left-tackle-trey-adams-plans-to-return-for-a-fifth-year-chris-petersen-confirms/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

That's coach speak. Urban Meyer guaranteed that boss would be back this year. I don't out much stock into coach speak mid season . Once draft time rolls around we'll see. He came back this past year when he would have been a top 5 pick. Don't believe he holds out again.
(11-05-2018, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Devin White's stock took a serious hit, Saturday Night..
Did we watch the same game?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That's coach speak. Urban Meyer guaranteed that boss would be back this year. I don't out much stock into coach speak mid season . Once draft time rolls around we'll see. He came back this past year when he would have been a top 5 pick. Don't believe he holds out again.
Did we watch the same game?

Trey Adams would not have been a top 5 pick this past draft after tearing his ACL last October. it was smart of him to return. Agree to disagree here.

As for him returning next year, he’s not played a game all year and coming off injury. I don’t see how he would go top 5 if he entered the draft after not playing in nearly a full calendar year.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Did we watch the same game?

You didn't see White, getting trucked by that tailback?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Trey Adams would not have been a top 5 pick this past draft after tearing his ACL last October. it was smart of him to return. Agree to disagree here.

As for him returning next year, he’s not played a game all year and coming off injury. I don’t see how he would go top 5 if he entered the draft after not playing in nearly a full calendar year.

It's more wishful thinking on my part that we could get a top 5 talent in the mid 20s which is where he would go. I just don't see him forgoing the draft again.
(11-06-2018, 02:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You didn't see White, getting trucked by that tailback?
I did. Also saw him do what he does best clog running lanes, run. With rbs and test, etc etc.
Reply/Quote
One important question before talking needs in the draft is obviously who we'll keep. What's your guess?

UFA:
TE TYLER EIFERT
TE TYLER KROFT
TE CJ UZOMAH
OT BOBBY HART
OT CEDRIC OGBUEHI
OT JAKE FISHER
DE MICHAEL JOHNSON
LB PRESTON BROWN
CB DARQUEZE DENNARD

RFA:
DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON

ERFA:
WR AUDEN TATE
OG ALEX REDMOND
OG/C TREY HOPKINS
DT JOSH TUPOU
CB TONY MCRAE
CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL
SA BRANDON WILSON
Reply/Quote
Before going deep into Draft needs we need to analyze who they'll keep.
Whats your thoughts?

My analysis would be:

UFA:
TE TYLER EIFERT - I'd give the guy one more year.
TE TYLER KROFT - Keeper.
TE CJ UZOMAH - I would like to keep him, but don't think they hand out contracts to both him and Kroft.
OT BOBBY HART - I would move on, but I think he'll signs a new 2 year deal.
OT CEDRIC OGBUEHI - Bye bye.
OT JAKE FISHER - Probably bye bye, but may be worth keeping as backup if he sign a vet minimum deal.
DE MICHAEL JOHNSON - I know must of you want to see him gone. But the FO loves him so I can see him staying for one more year.
LB PRESTON BROWN - I loved when we picked him up in FA and really want him to succeed. But I really don't know.
CB DARQUEZE DENNARD - Keeper, but I think he wants a shot outside the slot in another team.

RFA:
DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON - Meh...

ERFA:
OG ALEX REDMOND - I wouldn't miss him. But he will stay. Could be signed to a vet minimum one year deal, but they probably sign him longer than that.
OG/C TREY HOPKINS - Being the first OL-guy from the bench pretty much allover the line - I see them handing out at three year deal like they did to TJ Johnson a couple of years ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 07:35 AM)Moorne Wrote: Before going deep into Draft needs we need to analyze who they'll keep.
Whats your thoughts?

My analysis would be:

UFA:
TE TYLER EIFERT - I'd give the guy one more year.
TE TYLER KROFT - Keeper.
TE CJ UZOMAH - I would like to keep him, but don't think they hand out contracts to both him and Kroft.
OT BOBBY HART - I would move on, but I think he'll signs a new 2 year deal.
OT CEDRIC OGBUEHI - Bye bye.
OT JAKE FISHER - Probably bye bye, but may be worth keeping as backup if he sign a vet minimum deal.
DE MICHAEL JOHNSON - I know must of you want to see him gone. But the FO loves him so I can see him staying for one more year.
LB PRESTON BROWN - I loved when we picked him up in FA and really want him to succeed. But I really don't know.
CB DARQUEZE DENNARD - Keeper, but I think he wants a shot outside the slot in another team.

RFA:
DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON - Meh...

ERFA:
OG ALEX REDMOND - I wouldn't miss him. But he will stay. Could be signed to a vet minimum one year deal, but they probably sign him longer than that.
OG/C TREY HOPKINS - Being the first OL-guy from the bench pretty much allover the line - I see them handing out at three year deal like they did to TJ Johnson a couple of years ago.

I would keep Kroft, Uzi, Dennard.  Washington has been the highest rated DT outside of Geno in limited role so he stays.  Hopkins stays period.  
The rest of these players including Eifert are gone.  

Fill as many draft choices as they can by trading down.  Hell, at this point, I would mind them trading out of first round because Bengals have had better success in second round the last half dozen years.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Devin White will go earlier than he should because most of the off the ball linebackers coming out look more like Alabama's Mack Wilson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:31 AM)Synric Wrote: Devin White will go earlier than he should because most of the off the ball linebackers coming out look more like Alabama's Mack Wilson.

Is that bad or good? I thought it was good to have an off-ball LB who excelled in coverage?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is that bad or good? I thought it was good to have an off-ball LB who excelled in coverage?

Would you want a 6' 225lb linebacker in the top 50? I'd rather they look more like a linebacker less like a safety.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Would you want a 6' 225lb linebacker in the top 50? I'd rather they look more like a linebacker less like a safety.

Given that the LBs the Bengals have traditionally sought are more those 240+ lb guys, the league is far more a passing league than it ever has been, and that the Bengals LBs have been abysmal in coverage for years, I'd honestly be fine with a 6' 225 lb LB over the typical LB they look for.

But where are you getting Mack Wilson as 6', 225 lb? ESPN and sports-reference.com list him as 6'2", 239 lbs. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Given that the LBs the Bengals have traditionally sought are more those 240+ lb guys, the league is far more a passing league than it ever has been, and that the Bengals LBs have been abysmal in coverage for years, I'd honestly be fine with a 6' 225 lb LB over the typical LB they look for.

But where are you getting Mack Wilson as 6', 225 lb? ESPN and sports-reference.com list him as 6'2", 239 lbs. 

I see him listed as 6'1 235 ( thought it was 230) so I always knock off an inch and 5 lbs before the All Star games and Combine because they are always shorter and play with a lighter weight than listed.

And I always hear " It's a passing league" They still have to take on offensive linemen and clog holes against the run. Linebackers have to do both.

I don't see the talent at linebacker that I did last year. 

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I see him listed as 6'1 235 ( thought it was 230) so I always knock off an inch and 5 lbs before the All Star games and Combine because they are always shorter and play with a lighter weight than listed.

And I always hear " It's a passing league" They still have to take on offensive linemen and clog holes against the run. Linebackers have to do both.

I don't see the talent at linebacker that I did last year. 

Where do you see him listed as 6'1", 235? Alabama's official site and Washington Post also list him as 6'2", 239.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Where do you see him listed as 6'1", 235? Alabama's official site and Washington Post also list him as 6'2", 239.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/02/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-mack-wilson/

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php

No one will know for sure until the combine. He will probaby be just shy or just over 6'1 and around 230 to 235.

NFL draft scout has him listed at 6005 239 at last year's pro day.

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1018941&draftyear=2020&genpos=ilb

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:18 PM)Synric Wrote: https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/02/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-mack-wilson/

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php

No one will know for sure until the combine. He will probaby be just shy or just over 6'1 and around 230 to 235.

NFL draft scout has him listed at 6005 239 at last year's pro day.

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1018941&draftyear=2020&genpos=ilb

Got it, thanks.

Even if Mack Wilson does end up around 230 and only 6'1", you have a lot of really good LBs who are in the league now who are around that size or even less. Telvin Smith is under 220. Deion Jones is 220. Shazier is under 230. Lavonte David is under 235.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 01:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Got it, thanks.

Even if Mack Wilson does end up around 230 and only 6'1", you have a lot of really good LBs who are in the league now who are around that size or even less. Telvin Smith is under 220. Deion Jones is 220. Shazier is under 230. Lavonte Davis is under 235.

You're focusing on one player and missing the point of my orginal post.

Most of the linebackers coming out are undersized made for college football and not the NFL. There aren't many that look like Jordan Evans or Malik Jefferson.

I don't believe that linebacker talent coming out this year is as good as last years. While I think they need a Linebacker this year's draft might not be the solution. 

Reply/Quote