Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft Position Set
(12-31-2018, 12:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw the first round pick is #11, also saw we had same record as a few teams. So, my question for the experts is in round 2 and beyond will we move up and pick earlier as we are 4th team with 6-10 record (same record as 3 other teams) and at some point pick 8th in a round or are we locked in at #11 all 7 rounds?

Rotates
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For me, its the following at 11...
Jonah Williams, OT Bama
Devin White, LB LSU
Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida

There wouldn’t be a QB I’d want in this draft except maybe Haskins, and even Haskins I’d prefer to sit the bench 1-2 years because I think he needs grooming handling pressure. Next year is the year for QB honestly. Fix the line this year (as best as possible).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell no on Haskins! I love all the OSU homers who think the latest OSU QB will be the answer!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. At least a couple really good offensive options.
NE has Gronk, Edelman
GB has Adams, Jones, Graham
NO has Thomas, Kamara, Ingram
PIT has Brown, JJSS, Conner
LAR has Gurley, Cooks, Woods
LAC has Allen, Gordon
HOU has Hopkins, Thomas, Miller
KC has Kelce, Hill
SEA has Lockett, Baldwin, Carson

And they have good QB talent.

Gronk is a shell of his former self at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:33 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Hell no on Haskins! I love all the OSU homers who think the latest OSU QB will be the answer!

I couldn’t give two shits about OSU football, but if the kid is the top projected QB by all the people who get paid to know this stuff than he’s who I’d want if we go QB.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I couldn’t give two shits about OSU football, but if the kid is the top projected QB by all the people who get paid to know this stuff than he’s who I’d want if we go QB.

This is not a strong QB class and the best one (Herbert) went back to Oregon.

Completely agree we need a QB but not in this year's first round. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is not a strong QB class and the best one (Herbert) went back to Oregon.

If we get a stud LB in the 1st I’m fine with waiting one more year.

Might not be picking as high as 11 though...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. At least a couple really good offensive options.
NE has Gronk, Edelman
LAC has Allen, Gordon
KC has Kelce, Hill

Don't we have Mixon, Green, Boyd and Eifert (sometimes)?

Bengals are not devoid of weapons. We are devoid of a good OL though and we don't have a top flight QB, but an okay one.

Personally, I'd like to see the OL and LB be the focus of the draft. We need to control the line of scrimmage much better.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you are tired of the NFL.

Every QB needs talent around him to win.

Thanks and agree with you. 
Reply/Quote
NE has Gronk, Edelman
LAC has Allen, Gordon
KC has Kelce, Hill

Exactly  ThumbsUp I'd like to add, all have a pretty decent line to protect them.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:33 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Hell no on Haskins!  I love all the OSU homers who think the latest OSU QB will be the answer!  

Yeah, the guy broke Bree's Big 10 records, he must suck...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is not a strong QB class and the best one (Herbert) went back to Oregon.

Not sure where you think Herbert was the best QB possibly coming out, but he needed to go back to Oregon for another year because he wasn't anything special. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Don't we have Mixon, Green, Boyd and Eifert (sometimes)?

Bengals are not devoid of weapons. We are devoid of a good OL though and we don't have a top flight QB, but an okay one.

Personally, I'd like to see the OL and LB be the focus of the draft. We need to control the line of scrimmage much better.
I agree needing OL and LB, but Green and Eifert has missed a lot of time the past few seasons. Boyd was unseen last season and Mixon was still pretty unknown last season. I'm not saying Andy is top flight, but let's not act like when these guys are in game, he can't win, because he has. Andy's problem has been this O-line for the last 3 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For me, its the following at 11...
Jonah Williams, OT Bama
Devin White, LB LSU
Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida

There wouldn’t be a QB I’d want in this draft except maybe Haskins, and even Haskins I’d prefer to sit the bench 1-2 years because I think he needs grooming handling pressure. Next year is the year for QB honestly. Fix the line this year (as best as possible).

I agree with you.  Address the o line and season them for a year.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure where you think Herbert was the best QB possibly coming out, but he needed to go back to Oregon for another year because he wasn't anything special. 

That thing that just flew right over your head was the point. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:37 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That thing that just flew right over your head was the point. 
No it didn't, if you think Herbert was better that Haskins then you are fooling yourself.
Reply/Quote
The folks saying we need to go Oline in the first have apparently not looked at the draft class.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
NE has Gronk, Edelman
LAC has Allen, Gordon
KC has Kelce, Hill

Hmm. Seattle has very limited talent on offense. Carson is not that good n Baldwin is a small possession wr. New England has terrible talent. Edelman is a Erickson clone n Gronk is half as good as he used to be . Mixon , Green n Boyd are as good as any of those guys above. Brady n Wilson are that good. They elevate everyone on their team.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I couldn’t give two shits about OSU football, but if the kid is the top projected QB by all the people who get paid to know this stuff than he’s who I’d want if we go QB.

It's probably moot anyway.  If Haskins decides to go, it's pretty unlikely that he's going to be available at the 11th pick.  I don't think the Bengals can afford to trade assets to move up and get him, either.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:33 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Hell no on Haskins! I love all the OSU homers who think the latest OSU QB will be the answer!

I’m definitely not an OSU homer. In fact, I’ve very often critiqued them, calling them overrated. But Haskins has been the closest thing to a NFL QB as far back as I can remember.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Don't we have Mixon, Green, Boyd and Eifert (sometimes)?

I agree. Bengals have enough weapons if they can stay healthy. Green, Boyd, and Mixon. This draft needs to be about OL, LB, and I’d be ok with a mid-round TE since all the TEs are set to hit FA.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote