Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 NFL bold predictions
3) Baker Mayfield becomes an MVP candidate while taking the AFC North.

Why not? Baker set a rookie record for touchdown passes (27) -- and he will be even more comfortable in his second year.

Now, I'll admit that I didn't initially love the shotgun marriage with Freddie Kitchens as the head coach. But it should help Mayfield's growth. The 24-year-old quarterback told me on my SiriusXM Radio show that he wanted Kitchens. And given how Mayfield performed in the back half of last season, with Kitchens as his offensive coordinator following the firing of Hue Jackson and Todd Haley, I get it.

I've yet to even mention Odell Beckham Jr., an incredible addition to Mayfield's arsenal. With Beckham joining his old LSU teammate, Jarvis Landry, Cleveland could boast the best receiving corps in the NFL. The backfield duo of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt will be lethal down the stretch. (Hunt won't be in the mix until November, due to his eight-game suspension.)

Mayfield has the ability, leadership and swagger needed to make sure the Browns live up to the hype. And they will, by winning the AFC North.
4) The Pittsburgh Steelers finish third in the AFC North.

I loved the Steelers' aggressive draft move for Devin Bush, but it's everything else that concerns me. Starting with the fact that Cleveland and Baltimore are better.

Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell are gone, but the drama isn't -- not with Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Tomlin still in the fold. And how exactly are the Steelers going to replace Brown's production? Over the last six years, AB averaged 114 catches for 1,524 yards and 11 touchdowns. Good luck, JuJu and friends.

7) Andy Dalton enjoys the best year of his career.

Jonah Williams was a steal at No. 11, an excellent first-round pick to solidify Cincinnati's offensive line. A.J. Green will be healthy again -- and there's depth and youth around him at receiver. Joe Mixon is a star, having led the AFC with 1,168 rushing yards last season while averaging a healthy 4.9 yards per carry. And count me in the "Zac Taylor can coach" camp. In fact, call me camp counselor! The Bengals needed a major lift post-Marvin Lewis, and I think they got it. Taylor will maximize Dalton. Cincy's offense is going to surprise some people.

But wait a second: In the Steelers blurb above, I essentially intimated that the Bengals would finish fourth in the AFC North. So, what gives? How does this add up: Dalton enjoying the best season of his career and Cincinnati staying in the cellar? Well, while I believe Taylor's offense will put points on the board, I don't think Lou Anarumo's defense will stop other teams from following suit. The 2018 Bengals ranked 30th in scoring defense and 32nd in total D. What did the organization do to shore up that unit this offseason? Acquired Preston Brown and B.W. Webb in free agency, while adding some mid-round talents in the draft. Yeah, that's not gonna cut it. Cincy will give up points in bunches, which will actually serve as a statistical boon to Dalton. Weekly shootouts for the Red Rifle!
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
My bold prediction is that bold and prediction will someday be stricken from the english language and never be allowed to be used together in the same sentence.. It'll be a wonderful day in language development. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My bold prediction is somehow a controversial call by the refs will either be made or not to cost the losing team the Super Bowl. Wait, already happened.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm still trying to determine what exactly constitutes a bold prediction as opposed to just a prediction.. I think it's the wording. Using bold in front of prediction almost sounds like you know something nobody else knows, but I'm going to say it just means you used the word bold to make it look like it..  Hilarious

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 02:41 AM)Vambo Wrote: 3) Baker Mayfield becomes an MVP candidate while taking the AFC North.

Why not? Baker set a rookie record for touchdown passes (27) -- and he will be even more comfortable in his second year.

Now, I'll admit that I didn't initially love the shotgun marriage with Freddie Kitchens as the head coach. But it should help Mayfield's growth. The 24-year-old quarterback told me on my SiriusXM Radio show that he wanted Kitchens. And given how Mayfield performed in the back half of last season, with Kitchens as his offensive coordinator following the firing of Hue Jackson and Todd Haley, I get it.

I've yet to even mention Odell Beckham Jr., an incredible addition to Mayfield's arsenal. With Beckham joining his old LSU teammate, Jarvis Landry, Cleveland could boast the best receiving corps in the NFL. The backfield duo of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt will be lethal down the stretch. (Hunt won't be in the mix until November, due to his eight-game suspension.)

Mayfield has the ability, leadership and swagger needed to make sure the Browns live up to the hype. And they will, by winning the AFC North.
4) The Pittsburgh Steelers finish third in the AFC North.

I loved the Steelers' aggressive draft move for Devin Bush, but it's everything else that concerns me. Starting with the fact that Cleveland and Baltimore are better.

Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell are gone, but the drama isn't -- not with Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Tomlin still in the fold. And how exactly are the Steelers going to replace Brown's production? Over the last six years, AB averaged 114 catches for 1,524 yards and 11 touchdowns. Good luck, JuJu and friends.

7) Andy Dalton enjoys the best year of his career.

Jonah Williams was a steal at No. 11, an excellent first-round pick to solidify Cincinnati's offensive line. A.J. Green will be healthy again -- and there's depth and youth around him at receiver. Joe Mixon is a star, having led the AFC with 1,168 rushing yards last season while averaging a healthy 4.9 yards per carry. And count me in the "Zac Taylor can coach" camp. In fact, call me camp counselor! The Bengals needed a major lift post-Marvin Lewis, and I think they got it. Taylor will maximize Dalton. Cincy's offense is going to surprise some people.

But wait a second: In the Steelers blurb above, I essentially intimated that the Bengals would finish fourth in the AFC North. So, what gives? How does this add up: Dalton enjoying the best season of his career and Cincinnati staying in the cellar? Well, while I believe Taylor's offense will put points on the board, I don't think Lou Anarumo's defense will stop other teams from following suit. The 2018 Bengals ranked 30th in scoring defense and 32nd in total D. What did the organization do to shore up that unit this offseason? Acquired Preston Brown and B.W. Webb in free agency, while adding some mid-round talents in the draft. Yeah, that's not gonna cut it. Cincy will give up points in bunches, which will actually serve as a statistical boon to Dalton. Weekly shootouts for the Red Rifle!
Browns will win the division in a shootout with the steelers,and our Bengals will finish last in the division and ZT will draft the qb from bama
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 01:34 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm still trying to determine what exactly constitutes a bold prediction as opposed to just a prediction.. I think it's the wording. Using bold in front of prediction almost sounds like you know something nobody else knows, but I'm going to say it just means you used the word bold to make it look like it..  Hilarious

Here is mine......

My bold prediction. 
Reply/Quote
And out of boredom I looked at each AFCN teams schedule and did a quick W/L prediction and came up with mine. It's not bold, it's simply my prediction.

1) Steelers 10-6
2) Bengals 9-7
3) Browns 8-8
4) Ravens 5-11
Reply/Quote
AFC North will have the best composite record of all the divisions and no team will be sub .500. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
1) OBJ will punch Faker Mayfield in the middle of a game for just being a punk.

2) Kareem Hunt will then kick him, while he is down.

3) WJIII will walk over and hand him the ball he just intercepted.

My bold prediction.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 08:42 PM)XsandOs Wrote: 1) OBJ will punch Faker Mayfield in the middle of a game for just being a punk.

2) Kareem Hunt will then kick him, while he is down.

3) WJIII will walk over and hand him the ball he just intercepted.

My bold prediction.

Nothing about how your own team will do?  Just smack talk in the AFC North Chatter?

Nothing of real substance?
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
My new bold prediction is this season all my predictions will be in lower case NOT BOLD, but some may be in italics

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2019, 08:18 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Here is mine......

My bold prediction. 

It's now painfully obvious you know....something. 

You can spell bold! 

I knew it was something.. 

Reply/Quote