Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019 Team Captains
No real surprises here. Gio and Geno are new this year.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Notice no o-line or lb...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Notice no o-line or lb...

No Kicker, Punter, DE, CB, or TE either...
Reply/Quote
I liked when they didn't have captains back in 2011... I dunno why; but I did.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Notice no o-line or lb...

Didn't  last year either.   Vinney Rey was a ST captain

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: No Kicker, Punter, DE, CB, or TE either...
Good one  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Are captains appointed by coaches or voted on by the team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
AJ Green is a poor choice for team captain in my opinion. Even though he is one of the best at his position he is a lead through example kinda player.

I remember a interview with Green after Lafell was released and he said things like now he would HAVE to help the young players since Lafell was gone. Screams red flag for the C patch to me...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: Are captains appointed by coaches or voted on by the team.

Think it's either/or or both.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Think it's either/or or both.

Most teams I played on had captain voting.  I'll never forget one year this one guy was just aching to be  captain.  He went to every locker to say, hey, vote for me and I'll never forget thinking that if you have to campaign for it, that kinda takes some of the shine off it, doesn't it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:43 PM)McC Wrote: Most teams I played on had captain voting.  I'll never forget one year this one guy was just aching to be  captain.  He went to every locker to say, hey, vote for me and I'll never forget thinking that if you have to campaign for it, that kinda takes some of the shine off it, doesn't it?

Definitely; if you have to ask for respect... you aint gettin' it! lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Definitely; if you have to ask for respect... you aint gettin' it! lol

His only saving grace was that at least he didn't go around saying vote for me or I'll knock you out, which, in most cases, he could have done.

Reply/Quote
If they added the weight of Captain on Ross he would blow another hammy and go on IR
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:53 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: If they added the weight of Captain on Ross he would blow another hammy and go on IR

Ross can’t wear a C patch. Only eligible to wear the D patch for Doubtful. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:53 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: If they added the weight of Captain on Ross he would blow another hammy and go on IR

Made it 13 posts before taking a shot at Ross.

Good Job ICD, keep thinking of baseball.  Soon you'll be able to last a whole 2 minutes.
Reply/Quote
I guess they are going to wheel AJ out there to call the flip.

Surprised no Mixon as he seems to be all in as a team player (cheerleader).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess they are going to wheel AJ out there to call the flip.

Surprised no Mixon as he seems to be all in as a team player (cheerleader).

I agree.  Mixon seems like a natural leader.  Green?  Not so much.  But probably the highest offensive skilled player.  He gets respect.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: No Kicker, Punter, DE, CB, or TE either...

But there is a d-line and two DB’s.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: Are captains appointed by coaches or voted on by the team.

Gio was quoted about being honored to be so respected by his teammates so it looks like it came from the players

Reply/Quote
I prefer

[Image: captain_morgan.gif]

[Image: f_captainamerica_avengers.png]
Reply/Quote