Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019 Team Captains
(09-04-2019, 04:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree.  Mixon seems like a natural leader.  Green?  Not so much.  But probably the highest offensive skilled player.  He gets respect.  

I think that probably tells you more about the difference between outward perception and what the locker room actually thinks. Sometimes the biggest outwardly team guys can be the biggest issues behind doors. Not sure that is the case here, but I think it is telling they went with his back up in Gio over him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:38 PM)Synric Wrote: AJ Green is a poor choice for team captain in my opinion. Even though he is one of the best at his position he is a lead through example kinda player.

I remember a interview with Green after Lafell was released and he said things like now he would HAVE to help the young players since Lafell was gone. Screams red flag for the C patch to me...

The same could be said about Dalton and Geno. Neither seem like vocal leader types to me.

The one guy that does is Joe Mixon. And he didn’t get a C. Kind of weird.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:53 PM)McC Wrote: His only saving grace was that at least he didn't go around saying vote for me or I'll knock you out, which, in most cases, he could have done.

He assumed the hammer he had in his hand was a clue on a no vote for him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If Zac is innovative, he should make this board the captain.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The same could be said about Dalton and Geno. Neither seem like vocal leader types to me.

I thought about adding Geno but I dont know how he acts to his teammates. Dalton does work with his team hosting events and training with him and his wife.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The same could be said about Dalton and Geno. Neither seem like vocal leader types to me.

I have always tried to tell people here that no one knows what goes on in their locker room.  We have no clue who the best leaders are other than what we are told.

The guy squealing the loudest on the sidelines and running his mouth to the media might be a joke in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think that probably tells you more about the difference between outward perception and what the locker room actually thinks. Sometimes the biggest outwardly team guys can be the biggest issues behind doors. Not sure that is the case here, but I think it is telling they went with his back up in Gio over him. 

The coaches love Gio for sure.  I posted somewhere but essential the coaching staff thinks Gio is the prototype of what a Bengal player should be (or something to that effect).  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Honestly I always kind of looked at Dre Kirkpatrick as a leader on defense. He comes across that way in interviews IMO.
Reply/Quote
Surprised Bates wasn't picked
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I prefer

[Image: captain_morgan.gif]

[Image: f_captainamerica_avengers.png]

[Image: 87y388.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20190331173428]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: Are captains appointed by coaches or voted on by the team.

Taylor said "the team" voted on them, but "the team" could include the coaches as well as the players.
Reply/Quote
Why not do it on a game-by game-basis? And, via a drawing! Just like the kid that gets chosen to come out for the coin toss.

Also, a dog should collect the kicking tee. Class, baby, nothing but class.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Taylor said "the team" voted on them, but "the team" could include the coaches as well as the players.

Right, my understanding was it was a team vote. The PLAYERS make the decision. This isn't just random or based on experience, etc. I'm sure the coaches may or may not have a say in it.

None of these are really surprising picks though. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:35 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Honestly I always kind of looked at Dre Kirkpatrick as a leader on defense. He comes across that way in interviews IMO.

He is a top notch slap fighter.

[Image: 26tTw5K.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 08:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He is a top notch slap fighter.

[Image: 26tTw5K.gif]
That's how 99% of DBs and Wrs fight. Except For AJ
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:46 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Surprised Bates wasn't picked

I feel like he'll be captain in the next year or two.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 09:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That's how 99% of DBs and Wrs fight. Except For AJ

Don't forget Andre Johnson...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
These guys seem to be mostly lead by example types, which is fine but we seem to have a roster full of that. In my opinion we need a little more outward fire in the building to keep these guys from boring each other to sleep.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:34 PM)pally Wrote: No real surprises here.  Gio and Geno are new this year.  

Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 09:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That's how 99% of DBs and Wrs fight. Except For AJ

Because AJ clearly meant business and was pissed AF. The rest of this stuff just seems like cry baby BS. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote