Poll: 2019 & beyond Confidence meter – The Zac Era Petri Dish is just beginning - POLL
This poll is closed.
Totally confident that Zac is the next up & coming, hip innovator that will succeed here.
8.77%
5 8.77%
Zac’s Coaching hires signal hip, innovation – experience level not a concern - still very confident
14.04%
8 14.04%
Zac possibly settling for some Coaches & bad PR from O-Line Coach hire shakes confidence but still positive
15.79%
9 15.79%
Not swayed by what has happened so far – remaining Neutral
40.35%
23 40.35%
Zac possibly settling for some Coaches & bad PR from O-Line Coach hire trends me more negative
14.04%
8 14.04%
Head Coach & many of his hires lack experience - this has me very worried.
3.51%
2 3.51%
Zac won’t be the next Sean McVay (so to speak). Not here. This thing implodes.
3.51%
2 3.51%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 & beyond Confidence meter – The Zac Era Petri Dish is just beginning - POLL
Take the Poll & choose the option that shows where you most likely stand right now in terms of Confidence in the Zac Taylor led Bengals going forward.

Options include:

1. Totally confident that Zac is the next up & coming, hip innovator that will succeed here.

2. Zac’s Coaching hires signal hip, innovation – experience level not a concern - still very confident

3. Zac possibly settling for some Coaches & bad PR from O-Line Coach hire shakes confidence but still positive

4. Not swayed by what has happened so far – remaining Neutral

5. Zac possibly settling for some Coaches & bad PR from O-Line Coach hire trends me more negative

6. Head Coach & many of his hires lack experience - this has me very worried.

7. Zac won’t be the next Sean McVay (so to speak). Not here. This thing implodes.

Take the Poll (which should be up in a few moments) Let's see where people are at right now on the Confidence Meter.
Went with "Zac’s Coaching hires signal hip, innovation – experience level not a concern - still very confident." Although there is no way to tell for sure, I'm left hoping he is exactly what we needed. He's had some hurdles out of the gate, but if he is positive then I am positive. He hasn't let me down yet so I'm doing the glass half full approach. This time next year, we will all have a better or worse impression than currently that's for sure.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-04-2019, 05:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Went with "Zac’s Coaching hires signal hip, innovation – experience level not a concern - still very confident." Although there is no way to tell for sure, I'm left hoping he is exactly what we needed. He's had some hurdles out of the gate, but if he is positive then I am positive. He hasn't let me down yet so I'm doing the glass half full approach. This time next year, we will all have a better or worse impression than currently that's for sure.

We definitely have very little to go on right now.

Zac not getting highly experienced Coaches may worry some but it could also possibly be a sign that he has a confidence in himself (even though he has little experience) & is placing confidence in others who have little experience.

Zac won't have the Sean McVay style Defensive Co-ordinator hire with a highly experienced Wade Phillips type.

I personally would take the Wade Phillips caliber hire all day long but hoping the new, young, hip Head Coach has some genius behind his hires.

We will have to wait and see.
I'm not really sure how to gauge my confidence right now ?

Let's put it this way, I have hope now that I wouldn't have had ML been back. Only time will tell if it's false hope.
(03-04-2019, 05:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Went with "Zac’s Coaching hires signal hip, innovation – experience level not a concern - still very confident." Although there is no way to tell for sure, I'm left hoping he is exactly what we needed. He's had some hurdles out of the gate, but if he is positive then I am positive. He hasn't let me down yet so I'm doing the glass half full approach. This time next year, we will all have a better or worse impression than currently that's for sure.

Same as Harley. I like the way Zac talks. We will see how good he is in FA and the Draft and we will get a better idea of his plan. We needed to clean house and that is exactly what we did and with Zac's great communication strengths i believe we will be much better eventually once this culture change settles in.

He has got his coaches in here that he is comfortable with and that is what matters for now.

If we take care of the LB and O-line in FA i am expecting big things to come.
It is way early in the pre-season and in Zac's tenure. We're still in the bright sunshiney rose-colored glasses time period.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

I'm all in on Zak
(03-04-2019, 06:41 PM)pally Wrote: It is way early in the pre-season and in Zac's tenure.  We're still in the bright sunshiney rose-colored glasses time period.

The egg is definitely in the Conception phase, that's for sure.  Tongue

Just not totally sure who the Father is.

Is Mike still gonna be the father?   or  Sean McVay via his past influence on Zac ?    or Duke ?  or Zac being his own man with Power ?

Draft & Free Agency should give a strong picture of the Plan & then they have to Coach the players up.

It's a New Day for sure...
I'd say 3. I'm optimistic that he'll change some things around here and eventually make us a winner.

His track record of being an OC doesn't show innovative. I think a lot of McVay's attributes got heaped on Taylor and the Bengals flew out and interviewed him 1 day and got sucked into the hype.

That said, just changing things up could help. The team knew they weren't going to win with Marvin. IF they think they can win with Taylor that's a big advantage.

If the Bengals go out and sign Hicks and Fort at LB and a Guard like Saffold, I'll say 'Wow - They want to win'.

I'd settle for Hicks and Fort.

If they re-sign Bobby Hart, I'll start to question if they want to win.
I'm remaining Neutral on everything. I was okay with the Zac Taylor hire, I would have very high confidence if we had signed Jack Del Rio and Bill Callahan. Not too crazy on any of the other hires. A change was needed and we pretty much got an entire coaching overhaul so that's nice. I don't really expect to make the playoffs as we get the rest of the staff hired, the veterans learning the new systems and the inexperienced coaching getting experience.

I reckon I want to give Zac at least 3 years barring that he doesn't sit here and go 0-16. Let him learn, establish his roster and system and see where it gets us in a few years.
I'm in the "just happy it's not Marvin" group. Otherwise neutral
I'm neutral and have a wait and see attitude about Taylor.

My biggest concern is the same one I've had for every HC under Mike Brown, can the coach's skill overcome Mike Brown's lack of skill?

So far, Marvin was the only one who was able to somewhat out create Mike Brown's mistakes. But in the end he had to settle for weak OL players, over drafted combine sprint star and other team's rejects and he simply was not innovative enough to overcome that.

(03-04-2019, 08:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His track record of being an OC doesn't show innovative. I think a lot of McVay's attributes got heaped on Taylor and the Bengals flew out and interviewed him 1 day and got sucked into the hype.

If Zac really is not a Genius then that will show itself leading to disappointment.

Hoping he just didn't happen to be the young, hip guy that just happened to be around Sean McVay which allowed him to get the Genius label & ride in here on McVay's coat tails only to not really have Genius attributes himself.

It may end up being like finding an eccentric, older guy with big & crazy looking gray hair that shoots out everywhere and assuming that guy is the next Albert Einstein. Then give that guy a simple Math problem and watch him pull out his big & crazy looking gray hair while he struggles for an answer.

Zac's so called Genius will now have to be proven.

I hope he really is one. Mellow

I love the change. I like the hire (HC). But... But, we have too many holes to fill. I think we struggle next season. And that worries me as to how we pick ourselves up and continue. We have a lot of ageing players/stars...

However, I am excited to watch. Here is to hoping our offense carries the defense into the playoffs.
I'm neutral, as of now... I'm also just really glad that PITTSBURGH native and "mole" MARVIN LEWIS IS GONE!
Confidence as a Bengals fan, you are just going to get hurt.
I'm all in on giving a new guy a chance, I bought season tickets for the first time ever and I have to travel 5.5 hours for every game. My biggest concern is not getting the first, second, third, fourth, fifth or whatever it ended up being choice for DC. I would have liked to seen some one with strong DC experience in the NFL but that ship has sailed. That being said even if we go 4-12 the first season at least we'll be trying something new. This is totally new territory for the Bengals, the pendulum has swung from really far one direction of coaching style to the total opposite side, which is why I think it will probably take at least 1-2 seasons for it to land in the sweet spot. I'm also very interested in how hard we go after FA's, this will give another indication of how serious Mikey B is taking this and how much rope Zac gets. I guess we'll find out soon enough. My 2 cents and worth exactly that. Wink
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
I'm not sure exactly what to make of it all. I'm not necessarily sold on experience being that big of a deal being they've all been around football most of their lives and the game isn't rocket science. On the other hand..Some people, myself included at times have a tough time taking orders from someone younger, but that's not the same thing as having worked at a job 20 years then getting a 18 year old boss who was in diapers when I broke into the biz so I'm not putting too much emphasis on the youth thing here.. 
The one thing i am concerned about is there seems to be quite a bit of "we worked together here and there" with almost none of them having much HUGE success anywhere..  We shall see. It's too early for me to form a definitive opinion.  This last part with no real success anywhere gives me pause though.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(03-04-2019, 05:39 PM)depthchart Wrote: We definitely have very little to go on right now.

Zac not getting highly experienced Coaches may worry some but it could also possibly be a sign that he has a confidence in himself (even though he has little experience) & is placing confidence in others who have little experience.

Zac won't have the Sean McVay style Defensive Co-ordinator hire with a highly experienced Wade Phillips type.

I personally would take the Wade Phillips caliber hire all day long but hoping the new, young, hip Head Coach has some genius behind his hires.

We will have to wait and see.

He does have coaches without a lot of experience but he has others with plenty.  Seems like he has the experience factor covered.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

I'm all in...… AFC Championship game this year...... Rock On