Poll: 2019 & beyond Confidence meter – The Zac Era Petri Dish is just beginning - POLL
This poll is closed.
Totally confident that Zac is the next up & coming, hip innovator that will succeed here.
8.77%
5 8.77%
Zac’s Coaching hires signal hip, innovation – experience level not a concern - still very confident
14.04%
8 14.04%
Zac possibly settling for some Coaches & bad PR from O-Line Coach hire shakes confidence but still positive
15.79%
9 15.79%
Not swayed by what has happened so far – remaining Neutral
40.35%
23 40.35%
Zac possibly settling for some Coaches & bad PR from O-Line Coach hire trends me more negative
14.04%
8 14.04%
Head Coach & many of his hires lack experience - this has me very worried.
3.51%
2 3.51%
Zac won’t be the next Sean McVay (so to speak). Not here. This thing implodes.
3.51%
2 3.51%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 & beyond Confidence meter – The Zac Era Petri Dish is just beginning - POLL
(03-06-2019, 11:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm all in...… AFC Championship game this year...... Rock On

The joy of such a thing would be unimaginable.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Neutral for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-06-2019, 11:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm all in...… AFC Championship game this year...... Rock On

(03-06-2019, 12:02 PM)McC Wrote: The joy of such a thing would be unimaginable.

What if Marvin ended up being one of the game Announcers for an AFC Championship game that the Bengals were playing in? 

Would that tamper down the joy any ?  Tongue
So far my feelings are slightly negative. Not so much Zac as his staff.

But I will not judge until I see some games.

At this point I am happy just because we have a new coach.
I really dont know how I feel for sure. A new coach is great, but it's his first year as a HC. I know there will be growing pains for Zac, and it wont help that we have some pretty big holes on our team (OL and LB are our biggest holes imo). After the draft I'll have more of a feeling on how we will do. I'm definitely going to temper my expectations for year 1. I know that the defense cant get much worse than last year, and I'm hoping that the offense will improve due to Zac being a offensive minded coach. Right now if I had to guess we will be around .500, but as the season goes on we will start improving. Hopefully we get a soft first half of the schedule so we can adjust to a new coaching staff/scheme.
I went with neutral. Liked the Taylor hire, liked some of the staff hires like Callahan, Eason, Duffner and a few others. Was disappointed that we didn't get a more experienced DC or any other coaches from the Rams. The Anarumo and Jim Turner hires were the opposite of inspiring. Not sure if there are ANY good resumes on this staff.

At this point I'm just keeping an open mind. Lets see what these guys can do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
I think if we give Zac time, he can grow and turn into a pretty good coach. Shouldn't be a problem, we gave ML 16 years.

However, I'm not confident that 2019, or even 2020 for that matter will be an instant turnaround. I'm nervous fans will jump the gun on wanting this guy fired.

I think he is a bit over his head, but I do think he has the capability to adjust and put a good product out there... question is, how long will it take him to do so?

With that being said, I voted neutral. Just not sure.
(03-06-2019, 09:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think if we give Zac time, he can grow and turn into a pretty good coach. Shouldn't be a problem, we gave ML 16 years.

However, I'm not confident that 2019, or even 2020 for that matter will be an instant turnaround. I'm nervous fans will jump the gun on wanting this guy fired.

I think he is a bit over his head, but I do think he has the capability to adjust and put a good product out there... question is, how long will it take him to do so?

With that being said, I voted neutral. Just not sure.

The best coaches are often able to turn things around immediately, assuming the front office has it's you-know-what together.

Problem is, if the front office doesn't do it's part, everyone will blame Taylor and we'll never know if he was truly good or not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(03-06-2019, 06:35 PM)depthchart Wrote: What if Marvin ended up being one of the game Announcers for an AFC Championship game that the Bengals were playing in? 

Would that tamper down the joy any ?  Tongue

I can hear him now.... "Well, the teams are going in for halftime and will probably be enjoying the buffet, because half time adjustments aren't a thing...."
(03-06-2019, 12:02 PM)McC Wrote: The joy of such a thing would be unimaginable.

This could be the year... Bert is gone from Baltimore and DC's have a good amount of tape on Lamar, so they can game plan him better. And up in Shitsburgh, AB will be gone this week, Bell is already gone, Jesse James may be gone, so when Burfict kills Shit-Schuster, they won't have much left. Great chance to win the division this year.
(03-06-2019, 08:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So far my feelings are slightly negative.  Not so much Zac as his staff.

I'm with you on this one Fred.

I went slightly negative as well on the Confidence Meter.

There are a lot of New Coaches that have to mesh together and odds are that a few of these New Coaches may fall flat requiring the need for replacements at a later date.  (see Teryl Austin as a recent example)

It may take some time for Zac to dial it all in and turnover some of the Roster/Staff to his liking; then hopefully the trend will be up.
Confidence Meter Votes before the Bobby Hart signing:

22 Votes on the Positive side

21 Neutral Votes

7 Votes on the Negative side

Does the way Free Agency is trending for the Bengals plus the Bobby Hart signing/contract make anyone want to Change where they stand on the Confidence Meter ?
(03-06-2019, 08:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So far my feelings are slightly negative.  Not so much Zac as his staff.

(03-07-2019, 11:56 AM)depthchart Wrote: I'm with you on this one Fred.

I went slightly negative as well on the Confidence Meter.

There are a lot of New Coaches that have to mesh together and odds are that a few of these New Coaches may fall flat requiring the need for replacements at a later date.  (see Teryl Austin as a recent example)

It may take some time for Zac to dial it all in and turnover some of the Roster/Staff to his liking; then hopefully the trend will be up.

2019 & beyond Confidence meter – The Zac Era Petri Dish is just beginning - POLL

So does Zac still have any of you at "Hello"  ?

Should more of us have seen this 2019 implosion coming ?

Will "Beyond 2019" trend UP once Zac has time to reflect & make changes ?

Gee, March was sooooooooooooo long ago.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
I don't think anyone saw such a poor showing by the players, coaches and front office.

The coaching choices were the first red flag. In fact these were a whole set of red flags wrapped in one bundle.

The lame free agency period where Hart and Webb got 3 year deals was the second red flag.

The draft was the third red flag.

Gio's gigantic money for a low production RB was the fourth red flag.

The 0-10 record, soon to be 0-11, is the resulting nose dive.

The Zac era cannot end soon enough.