Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:06 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: 1st Ed Oliver DT
2nd Deondre Francois QB
3rd Devin White LB
4th Prince Teno Wanagho T
5th Brandon Fritts TE
6th Jordan Jones LB
7th Corbin Kaufusi DE

Ed Oliver going top 3... What u trynna say?
Reply/Quote
YIKES. Still wrapping up 2018 draft and getting undrafted free agents. Very soon Bengals will get cut to pay for Buffalo LT, LB and resigning Eifert. How do I know Salary Cap payroll needs cut ? Because ownership said so. They said they had no money for Hill or Bodine or maybe Pacman, but they would draft a Center and maybe a running back.

So I'm not even thinking about late April 2019. There is still a college year to play and then Combines. No way anybody can look that far ahead. I'm looking at cuts coming. Word is Bengals have about had it with Burfict suspensions. He only plays in half the games last few years. Bengals have no choice but to get under salary cap. They blew up their cap space in free agent signings. Bengals said they can get under cap as soon as draft is over in early May. Well, draft is over. In 2 days it is May. The Bengals who vowed change have the executioner with hatchet and chopping block ready. Some Bengals heads will be rolling out the door over next week or two, per Bengals. Players that make enough money that will delete cap space. Burfict has set himself up as a head on the chopping block to pay for these Buffalo players. If Pacman still around, he has set himself up for some head chopping. Heads have to roll to get under cap, that is just a fact. Some high priced heads have to roll. Players that will take down the cap space. Plus we have draft picks to sign. Much will happen in May, so not even thinking of 2019, Egad ! Yikes ! Zowie ! In looking at who I would cut making enough money to reduce cap space, I would terminate Burfict and especially Pacman if he is still around. Chop, Chop. I think their lack of focus takes team too often in wrong direction anyway. Plus I see more suspensions in their future, so Adios Muchachos.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 06:31 AM)kevin Wrote: YIKES.  Still wrapping up 2018 draft and getting undrafted free agents.  Very soon Bengals will get cut to pay for Buffalo LT, LB and resigning Eifert.  How do I know Salary Cap payroll needs cut ? Because ownership said so.  They said they had no money for Hill or Bodine or maybe Pacman, but they would draft a Center and maybe a running back.  

So I'm not even thinking about late April 2019.  There is still a college year to play and then Combines. No way anybody can look that far ahead.  I'm looking at cuts coming. Word is Bengals have about had it with Burfict suspensions. He only plays in half the games last few years.  Bengals have no choice but to get under salary cap. They blew up their cap space in free agent signings.  Bengals said they can get under cap as soon as draft is over in early May.  Well, draft is over. In 2 days it is May. The Bengals who vowed change have the executioner with hatchet and chopping block ready.  Some Bengals heads will be rolling out the door over next week or two, per Bengals. Players that make enough money that will delete cap space.  Burfict has set himself up as a head on the chopping block to pay for these Buffalo players. If Pacman still around, he has set himself up for some head chopping.  Heads have to roll to get under cap, that is just a fact.  Some high priced heads have to roll.  Players that will take down the cap space. Plus we have draft picks to sign.  Much will happen in May, so not even thinking of 2019, Egad ! Yikes ! Zowie !   In looking at who I would cut making enough money to reduce cap space, I would terminate Burfict and especially Pacman if he is still around.  Chop, Chop. I think their lack of focus takes team too often in wrong direction anyway.  Plus I see more suspensions in their future, so Adios Muchachos.

A huge rant for someone who it appears did not do their homework starting with Adam Jones is a free agent so no need to cut him. Burfict will not get cut in my opinion. Who may get cut? First, the Bengals had dead money so guys with a lot of dead money are probably safe. 2 Guys who are not safe are LaFell with no dead money and 4 million in savings in cap space/salary and also M. Johnson with 4.9 savings in cap space, but does have 1.1 million in dead money.

Other are Cedric O. and TJ Johnson with little to no dead money. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The tough part about doing a 2019 mock before the 2018 team is even fully assembled? You have no real idea what the actual needs will be..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What? Half of these guys will be gone by the time you have them going!

...haven't seen anyone make this obligatory statement so I thought I would throw it out there.

Although I don't know a single one of these players, I am going to throw out there that I don't think the Bengals have a RT, nor will they find one this year. I hope they go for a tackle early next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 06:31 AM)kevin Wrote: YIKES.  Still wrapping up 2018 draft and getting undrafted free agents.  Very soon Bengals will get cut to pay for Buffalo LT, LB and resigning Eifert.  How do I know Salary Cap payroll needs cut ? Because ownership said so.  They said they had no money for Hill or Bodine or maybe Pacman, but they would draft a Center and maybe a running back.  

So I'm not even thinking about late April 2019.  There is still a college year to play and then Combines. No way anybody can look that far ahead.  I'm looking at cuts coming. Word is Bengals have about had it with Burfict suspensions. He only plays in half the games last few years.  Bengals have no choice but to get under salary cap. They blew up their cap space in free agent signings.  Bengals said they can get under cap as soon as draft is over in early May.  Well, draft is over. In 2 days it is May. The Bengals who vowed change have the executioner with hatchet and chopping block ready.  Some Bengals heads will be rolling out the door over next week or two, per Bengals. Players that make enough money that will delete cap space.  Burfict has set himself up as a head on the chopping block to pay for these Buffalo players. If Pacman still around, he has set himself up for some head chopping.  Heads have to roll to get under cap, that is just a fact.  Some high priced heads have to roll.  Players that will take down the cap space. Plus we have draft picks to sign.  Much will happen in May, so not even thinking of 2019, Egad ! Yikes ! Zowie !   In looking at who I would cut making enough money to reduce cap space, I would terminate Burfict and especially Pacman if he is still around.  Chop, Chop. I think their lack of focus takes team too often in wrong direction anyway.  Plus I see more suspensions in their future, so Adios Muchachos.

Pretty sure if they was gonna cut Burfict they would have drafted another LB in the draft or traded him for a pick.....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A huge rant for someone who it appears did not do their homework starting with Adam Jones is a free agent so no need to cut him. Burfict will not get cut in my opinion. Who may get cut? First, the Bengals had dead money so guys with a lot of dead money are probably safe. 2 Guys who are not safe are LaFell with no dead money and 4 million in savings in cap space/salary and also M. Johnson with 4.9 savings in cap space, but does have 1.1 million in dead money.

Other are Cedric O. and TJ Johnson with little to no dead money. 
Lafell is safe. 
Reply/Quote
Question: Are you forecasting Atkins leaves in FA or no?

If Atkins stays, I don't see a reason to take a 3T in the first round. I really think this team will need to invest in offense at least twice in the first three rounds next year. I think it's OT in the first round if Fisher doesn't pan out. I could also see CB if Dennard isn't retained. Totally on board with DT in first though if Atkins doesn't stay.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 12:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The tough part about doing a 2019 mock before the 2018 team is even fully assembled?  You have no real idea what the actual needs will be..

I have to disagree with that. Some needs can become bigger but you have a general idea. I keep a draft notebook every year that I write a list down of possible positions of need for the next year, name off a few guys to keep an eye on and then don't worry about the draft until the next football season is over. Last year I had our needs as 1. Offensive Tackle (We traded for Cordy Glenn) 2. Safety (Drafted Jessie Bates III in Round 2) 3. Center (Was afraid they would keep Bodine as at least the starter. Price was drafted in the 1st) 4. Cornerback (Picked two small school players in the 5th round) 5. Quarterback (Matt Barkley added in FA and Woodside drafted in 7th)

Now as far as this year I would look at the Bengals primary needs a year out and know that some could change a little here or there but I would say the biggest needs a year from now are likely to be 1. Right Tackle 2. Tight End 3. Nose Tackle 4. Cornerback 5. Quarterback 6. Inside Linebacker
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 11:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Question: Are you forecasting Atkins leaves in FA or no?

If Atkins stays, I don't see a reason to take a 3T in the first round. I really think this team will need to invest in offense at least twice in the first three rounds next year. I think it's OT in the first round if Fisher doesn't pan out. I could also see CB if Dennard isn't retained. Totally on board with DT in first though if Atkins doesn't stay.
CB isn't in play I'm bc we got out star slot CB in Darius Phillips. He'll be the starting CB in the slot for next 5 years. I agree with u rt will be the pick but Dt isn't out of the question at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: CB isn't in play I'm bc we got out star slot CB in Darius Phillips. He'll be the starting CB in the slot for next 5 years. I agree with u rt will be the pick but Dt isn't out of the question at all.

As much as I like Darius Phillips too, it's a bit early to crown him the next starting slot CB for the next 5 years if Dennard leaves.
I would temper expectations on seeing him get defensive reps as a rookie simply because the Bengals have other mouths to feed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 12:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The tough part about doing a 2019 mock before the 2018 team is even fully assembled?  You have no real idea what the actual needs will be..

Doesn't matter - they always take the BPA..... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:06 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: 1st Ed Oliver DT
2nd Deondre Francois QB
3rd Devin White LB
4th Prince Teno Wanagho T
5th Brandon Fritts TE
6th Jordan Jones LB
7th Corbin Kaufusi DE

I believe we can cross Deondre Francois off our list.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/chopping-block/os-sp-fsu-deondre-francois-20180412-story.html

I live in Florida and this guy is just plain trouble.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As much as I like Darius Phillips too, it's a bit early to crown him the next starting slot CB for the next 5 years if Dennard leaves.
I would temper expectations on seeing him get defensive reps as a rookie simply because the Bengals have other mouths to feed.
I mispoke... I meant when dennard leaves. I love Phillips... He'll be a star in the slot. Won't ever play outside but in the slot he'll be a great great player for years.
Reply/Quote
1st Dre'mont Jones DT
2nd Khalil Hodge LB
3rd Garrett Brumfield G
4th Jalen Jelks DE
5th Joejuan Williams CB
6th Alex Wesley WR
6th Ty Johnson RB
6th Alec Eberle C
7th Dakota Allen LB
Reply/Quote