Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com crazies and their mocks
I think even the more crazy thing is that he has us not only picking Herbert but Herbert at 1. If Herbert was our guy there’s no way we would take him at one knowing u could get him at 5. U would 100% make a deal with Miami and then still get your guy at 5 plus a boat load of picks as well
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 03:04 PM)McC Wrote: He's just trying to be a rebel amongst his peers by using common sense and reason to talk about the Bengals.  He may be ostracized as a result.

I get why the national media pokes at the Bengals and Bengals ownership, but it's also an overused shtick.  Dudes like Cowherd rip on the team while ignoring facts; ex, Cowherd keeps saying the Bengals are cheap which ignores the recent FA spending. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 04:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I get why the national media pokes at the Bengals and Bengals ownership, but it's also an overused shtick.  Dudes like Cowherd rip on the team while ignoring facts; ex, Cowherd keeps saying the Bengals are cheap which ignores the recent FA spending. 

He also loudly and repeatedly proclaimed no decent FA would ever sign with the Bengals.  I reminded him of this. He actually answered me and said oh well, no one gets it right all the time.  I answered him, yes, but few are wrong as often as you.  His current NFL power rankings has the Vikings second.  The Vikings.  Viking fans are laughing  at that. 

He's really no more than a professional troll and he basically admits it.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 01:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What does this even mean?

think about it. Pig Pen and that 2x16 that used to QB for the ratbirds!!!

Reply/Quote
They should have at least entertained Washington taking Burrow in these scenarios.

Zona opened the door for teams to move on from rookie qb's after a year, and surely Snyder would love him the golden egg Burrow. No way Burrow get's past 2 if we pass on him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:17 AM)Crowe Wrote: 2 mocks up on nfl.com right now that are insane. MJD has us picking Justin Herbert over Burrow, saying that he is a perfect afc north qb, but not only that, he has Burrow falling to you guessed it Miami at 5. Then Cynthia Frelund has us taking Chase Young and once again Burrow falling to Miami at 5. Why is it that these big sports media outlets continue to push this idea that Burrow is not or will not come to Cincy? I’ve seen ESPN, bleacher report, and NFL network just to name a few continue to do this. Do you think there is an agenda or just folks going for a different perspective when it comes to Burrow most likely being the number 1 overall pick?

The bowling ball has lost his mind. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Frelund is a predictive analytics expert.
Her entire premise on NFL Network is around analytics.
You don't have to play the sport to be able to use analytics to notice trends and make accurate predictions.

Ok.. all that understood. Does she even have the Bengals taking a quarterback at all? 
If not then shes set her self up to fail. I mean really, what position has been drafted first in the last few drafts? 
Murray? Mayfield? 

And she needs to know what a team needs. 
Bengals been trying to trade AD... 
If she made her mock after that news was out there then shes blowing something.
Not a fan of Herbert, but at least that guy has the correct position being drafted.

In the last 10 years, 7 have been QBs taken with the first pick so that's predictive and a trend.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 01:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What does this even mean?

Going off tired 1950's tropes that refuse to die, I'll guess that it has something to do with having either big hands to avoid fumbles in the cold weather. Or a strong arm to deal with cold, windy games? Something inane and pointless like that.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The bowling ball has lost his mind. Mellow

Lol yep. Good discussion to have started I guess.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 04:31 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ok.. all that understood. Does she even have the Bengals taking a quarterback at all? 
If not then shes set her self up to fail. I mean really, what position has been drafted first in the last few drafts? 
Murray? Mayfield? 

And she needs to know what a team needs. 
Bengals been trying to trade AD... 
If she made her mock after that news was out there then shes blowing something.
Not a fan of Herbert, but at least that guy has the correct position being drafted.

In the last 10 years, 7 have been QBs taken with the first pick so that's predictive and a trend.

She states that her mock is simply to get the most wins in 2020.
When she wrote it, the Bengals had (and still have) Andy Dalton.
So using her logic, the Bengals will (or should) get more wins in 2020 with Dalton and Chase Young rather than going with Burrow.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: She states that her mock is simply to get the most wins in 2020.
When she wrote it, the Bengals had (and still have) Andy Dalton.
So using her logic, the Bengals will (or should) get more wins in 2020 with Dalton and Chase Young rather than going with Burrow.

It isn’t that difficult of a concept to get. When you read her description of her method for doing the draft it should clear everything up.

It’s like putting together a baseball team for next year doing WAR (wins above replacement). It’s just an outside the box way of doing a draft under those metrics. Take it for what it’s worth and move on people.

Rip mjd all you want though. His is just moronic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Burrow will be a Bengal, and these morons will be back peddling after next year saying he was the right pick for us all along.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 01:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Alright, here's some reasonable with actual positive comments about the Bengals.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884272-2020-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-free-agency-predictions#slide1

"What can be said is that Burrow is a very talented quarterback who is stepping into a situation that's much better than it might seem. The Bengals have A.J. Green and Jonah Williams returning from injury. They have Joe Mixon and Tyler Boyd. And they've spent money on defense to bolster that side of the ball."

I'm surprised on this as it seems most folks aren't thrilled with our big spending in free agency as well as some people thinking Green doesn't want to be here along with Burrow not wanting to be here.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 01:35 PM)Crowe Wrote: I'm surprised on this as it seems most folks aren't thrilled with our big spending in free agency as well as some people thinking Green doesn't want to be here along with Burrow not wanting to be here.

I was just happy to see one person from the media posting with logic and reason.
Reply/Quote