Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Bobby Hart
I think we all know this guys is not our right tackle. He gets beat like a drum with speed. We did sign him to a more than he is worth contract so what about right guard? He run blocks decent and handles the bull rush ok. He really stinks with speed to the edge so to me it sounds like a decent guard. He is still young and we have multiple holes on the line with limited draft picks to keep Jungle Joe safe next year. He either needs cut or try a new position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we take Burrow we need to shore up OL. They need to follow the Burrow pick with a RT or preferably trade for someone that’s been proven in the league. Hopefully Williams pans out for next year and is a stud. Having the edges would be key for Burrow. Hopkins has proven solid at C. Guard positions I feel are easier to shore up. Hart should get sent out or serve as the highest paid backup in the league at RT, but he should not be starting.
Reply/Quote
Bobby “the matador” Hart is the laughingstock of the entire NFL. We have to get rid of the turnstile. He needs to get a new job where his skills can excel, like, maybe a Walmart greeter.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:18 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: If we take Burrow we need to shore up OL. They need to follow the Burrow pick with a RT or preferably trade for someone that’s been proven in the league. Hopefully Williams pans out for next year and is a stud. Having the edges would be key for Burrow. Hopkins has proven solid at C. Guard positions I feel are easier to shore up. Hart should get sent out or serve as the highest paid backup in the league at RT, but he should not be starting.

Agreed if there’s a quality RT at pick #33 you take him. Let’s protect Borrow. When Palmer started with the Bengals he had a great setup at tackle with Levi Jones and Willie Anderson.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Hart has no business being in the NFL as a backup let alone a starter. Only this clown organization would think he could start.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:36 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed if there’s a quality RT at pick #33 you take him. Let’s protect Borrow.  When Palmer started with the Bengals he had a great setup at tackle with Levi Jones and Willie Anderson.

It feels like we had to be bidding against ourselves giving him that contract.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It feels like we had to be bidding against ourselves giving him that contract.

It was the exact same thing with Rey M and Preston Brown (and a few others) - overpaid for no reason other than it is a 'safe' signing that uses up the cap and thus no further work is required. The Inbreds always take the easy and lazy route on these matters.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Who Dey

Yesterday during the game while Fred Johnson was playing LT, the announcers were falling all over him about what a solid pickup he was. They said he was doing an admirable job. Said the Bengals know he can play LT but should find out if he can play RT. They assumed because of his athletic ability and size that he could.

They assumed that Johna would be 2020s LT and more than likely a 3-4 round RT pick would be the other OT.

And that Fred Johnson would be a valuable swing OT... Hmm

There's the door Bobby, don't let it....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, he'll most likely be back. He's got 2 years left on that ridiculous 3 year deal they just gave him. Mike doesn't like paying guys not be here and if there's any dead money attatched to that contract then I got bad news for you...

Mike would rather overpay his own guys then cut bait and pay someone outside. He'll gladly overpay Hart, even to be a backup, to help get to that floor. And he'll gladly overpay Gio and Uzomah, and most likely overpay William Jackson and/or Dennard here shortly.

Hart will be back, and somehow we'll find reason to give Green an ill-advised multi-yead deal. Gotta keep those dollars in house and gotta get to that floor. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Imagine being able to get Andrew Thomas... A guy that has played both LT and RT at a high level. Pairing him with Jonah Williams, who is also a guy that has played both LT and RT at a high level, would be a perfect match.

Unfortunately we would need to use our 1st pick for Thomas and we already know who it will be.
Reply/Quote
Austin Jackson is not getting the hype but he is as good as Thomas and will be a fixture for 10 years at RT for a lucky team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
i believe hart played well this last game. At least it was mentioned he and the rookie Fred at LT gave up zero pressures.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 10:55 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think we all know this guys is not our right tackle. He gets beat like a drum with speed. We did sign him to a more than he is worth contract so what about right guard? He run blocks decent and handles the bull rush ok. He really stinks with speed to the edge so to me it sounds like a decent guard. He is still young and we have multiple holes on the line with limited draft picks to keep Jungle Joe safe next year. He either needs cut or try a new position.

He does stink horribly. Even Right Guard can't help him. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 10:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i believe hart played well this last game. At least it was mentioned he and the rookie Fred at LT gave up zero pressures.
I'm thinking Fred Johnson (with that size) will either be the starting RT or at least the backup swing tackle which is a huge upgrade either way...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It feels like we had to be bidding against ourselves giving him that contract.

Any idea where Hart's PFF rating stands, for the season?  I know it's not the final word on anything, but it's a good baseline for conversation, and I would like to compare to where he was last year.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Any idea where Hart's PFF rating stands, for the season?  I know it's not the final word on anything, but it's a good baseline for conversation, and I would like to compare to where he was last year.  

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 07:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 55.4

Basically, not much change from last year.  So he's not improving for him on the outside.  Perhaps it is time to consider him at Guard?  As was mentioned earlier, he's plenty aggressive in run blocking, he handles a direct confrontation well, but the speed moves are what trip him up.  So, good in the "phone booth", not so good "on the island".  Sounds like the makings of a good Guard, to me.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've seen multiple draft guys praising the depth at OT this draft, which means we can hit it and hit it hard during the draft. Unfortunately one of our other positions of dire need, linebacker, barely has any. Here's to hoping we spend in free agency on either OL or LB, though I know the scrutiny that entails.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 08:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Basically, not much change from last year.  So he's not improving for him on the outside.  Perhaps it is time to consider him at Guard?  As was mentioned earlier, he's plenty aggressive in run blocking, he handles a direct confrontation well, but the speed moves are what trip him up.  So, good in the "phone booth", not so good "on the island".  Sounds like the makings of a good Guard, to me.

Wonder if the Giants ever tried him at guard?

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wonder if the Giants ever tried him at guard?

I don't know, but he's got to have set some sort of modern day era record for most money earned by a shitty, 7th round draft pick at Tackle..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote