Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Bobby Hart
(12-25-2019, 11:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, but he's got to have set some sort of modern day era record for most money earned by a shitty, 7th round draft pick at Tackle..

Thanks, Troy

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think that Hart is the most upgradable member of the line. Miller seems like an average guard. Hopkins is decent. I hope Jonah is the next Whitworth, but he's an unknown. He could be the next Jake Fisher for all we know. Either way, he's going to get a couple of seasons even if he starts slow. I feel similarly about how they view Jordan. It sounds like they are pushing hard for him to be the LG of the future. Maybe he can. He's had some bad showing this year, but then again, Boling was bad his rookie year (when forced into action much like MJ), and he became a franchise cornerstone.

That leaves Bobby. Bobby still sucks. He hasn't been the penalty machine that he was in 2018, but he's not good, either. They should be able to get a decent RT in round 2. The only dilemma for me is that we may need to add a WR, and that should be a prime spot to get one.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 08:50 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I've seen multiple draft guys praising the depth at OT this draft, which means we can hit it and hit it hard during the draft. Unfortunately one of our other positions of dire need, linebacker, barely has any. Here's to hoping we spend in free agency on either OL or LB, though I know the scrutiny that entails.

This is where we are at, they must fill holes in FA.  A resigned Hopkins and Pats guard Joe Thuney would do it for me.  The guy can play all over the line and can allow them to start whichever BPA in that situation.  

Realistically, Hart carries 2M dead money hit which sounds low but Mikey hates paying guys to not play for him, and Hart only has a 1.75M base hit. We know he is bad, but he will stay and compete with the other guys they aren't ready to give up on (Price, MJ, etc..) hopefully for ONE starting spot.  I can live with that.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wonder if the Giants ever tried him at guard?

2015 was the only time, against the Redskins. He had 53 snaps and graded at 72.2. Run blocking that game was 75.4.

The only times he's scored higher as a T was in 2016, also against the 'skins where he graded a 72.3 and this year against the Jets where he graded 75.9.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:36 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed if there’s a quality RT at pick #33 you take him. Let’s protect Borrow.  When Palmer started with the Bengals he had a great setup at tackle with Levi Jones and Willie Anderson.

There are some really good RT prospects in the draft, but I doubt a rookie would unseat even Hart.  Although the learning curve is still pretty flat thus far with Hart, he is still very young and has improved on penalties and sacks allowed.  If a really strong prospect is drafted (signed as a FA?), I think that looking at Hart at RG is a very good option.  It would minimize his lack of lateral quickness and play more to his strengths.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:02 AM)phil413 Wrote: This is where we are at, they must fill holes in FA.  A resigned Hopkins and Pats guard Joe Thuney would do it for me.  The guy can play all over the line and can allow them to start whichever BPA in that situation.  

Realistically, Hart carries 2M dead money hit which sounds low but Mikey hates paying guys to not play for him, and Hart only has a 1.75M base hit. We know he is bad, but he will stay and compete with the other guys they aren't ready to give up on (Price, MJ, etc..) hopefully for ONE starting spot.  I can live with that.

They must? Not in their minds. Only in ours. Mikey fears FA, he treats it like a plague on the league that has stolen the control he had over 'his players'. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I would try him at guard if they get a decent RT. He might be pretty good there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would try him at guard if they get a decent RT. He might be pretty good there.

He is trash regardless of where you put him, only a loser team would think he has any value

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:10 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: He is trash regardless of where you put him, only a loser team would think he has any value

You don't know that.  He might transition very well to guard, a great many former Tackles have made the move to Guard in the NFL and done very well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2

Guys, we may already have next year's starting RT on the roster. Sunday, when you're watching the game keep an eye on #74. It won't be hard he's 6'7" 326. Fred Johnson. Plays L and RT. I read somewhere (believe it was Bengals.com) that ZT has said he earned more snaps than he had last week. ZT wouldn't say at which Tackle (he may play both Sunday). The write up I read some time ago on Johnson was quite favorable...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You don't know that.  He might transition very well to guard, a great many former Tackles have made the move to Guard in the NFL and done very well.

Didn’t you literally just tell me good teams don’t move olinemen around like that...

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t you literally just tell me good teams don’t move olinemen around like that...

Are you sure that was me??  I've never been opposed to Tackles moving inside, but I'm always suspect of moving interior OL to the outside.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure that was me??  I've never been opposed to Tackles moving inside, but I'm always suspect of moving interior OL to the outside.

Thought it was you, my bad if it wasn’t.

Reply/Quote
If the Rams don't resign Whitworth, any chance he still has anything left to get him back for a year?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 03:52 AM)sloSTI Wrote: If the Rams don't resign Whitworth, any chance he still has anything left to get him back for a year?

I’d love to see him retire a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 03:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d love to see him retire a Bengal.

No way he comes back here given how he was treated.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:57 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No way he comes back here given how he was treated.

Oh come on, he was not mistreated. He was offered the same amount of money LA offered him for 1 year. LA offered more years, that's all. Not too many teams would be willing to offer long term deals to offensive linemen at his age. A lot of people are for moving on from AJ right now at this point in time. If he goes elsewhere and lights it up because the Bengals don't give him a 60 million dollar deal, does that mean he is being mistreated as well?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:57 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No way he comes back here given how he was treated.

Probably not. Maybe if we’re the only offer he gets.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh come on, he was not mistreated. He was offered the same amount of money LA offered him for 1 year. LA offered more years, that's all. Not too many teams would be willing to offer long term deals to offensive linemen at his age. A lot of people are for moving on from AJ right now at this point in time. If he goes elsewhere and lights it up because the Bengals don't give him a 60 million dollar deal, does that mean he is being mistreated as well?

Troy Blackburn’s snarky little comments were completely unprofessional. Especially considering the career Whit had here.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Troy Blackburn’s snarky little comments were completely unprofessional. Especially considering the career Whit had here.

Exactly. Toy is a complete tool. Between his comments after the Hart signing along with his comments to Whit , just a clown. 

Reply/Quote