Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
https://wxow.com/2020/08/05/gop-trump-campaign-attorney-working-to-get-kanye-west-on-wi-ballot/

Nothing to see here. Just a Trump campaign lawyer helping to get a mentally ill man on the presidential ballot. And the mentally ill man isn’t trump.

I guess it’s still within the rules. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t trying to rig the election, he is.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 08:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://wxow.com/2020/08/05/gop-trump-campaign-attorney-working-to-get-kanye-west-on-wi-ballot/

Nothing to see here. Just a Trump campaign lawyer helping to get a mentally ill man on the presidential ballot. And the mentally ill man isn’t trump.

I guess it’s still within the rules. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t trying to rig the election, he is.

Perot helped Clinton get elected and Nader helped Bush get elected but I still can't wrap my head around adding "Kanye helped Trump get elected" to that statement.  

Our entire country needs to be put in a nut house. Maybe in 2024 Flava Flave can help Hulk Hogan get elected. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any diverse African Americans here? Apparently there are a few. Couldn’t be the ones who vote for Trump because they ain’t black. Since junkie is the first thing that pops in your head when talking to a black guy, I guess they aren’t the diverse ones.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 08:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting how Biden is both a feeble old moron and capable of hurting God himself.  That's pretty impressive.  

Missed chance for Trump to also say Biden is against the troops and straight people.

Trump's struggling with Biden. Hillary was "Corrupt Hillary". Just hammer away at the email servers and Clinton Foundation.

He tried to tie Biden to progressives but that isn't working. He tried the feeble route, but then Biden had some good debates against Bernie. He's trying to say he's hiding, but Biden's social distancing looks good compared to Trump.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Any diverse African Americans here?  Apparently there are a few.  Couldn’t be the ones who vote for Trump because they ain’t black.  Since junkie is the first thing that pops in your head when talking to a black guy, I guess they aren’t the diverse ones.

160,000 deaths. Gaffes look trivial in comparison. 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump's struggling with Biden. Hillary was "Corrupt Hillary". Just hammer away at the email servers and Clinton Foundation.

He tried to tie Biden to progressives but that isn't working. He tried the feeble route, but then Biden had some good debates against Bernie. He's trying to say he's hiding, but Biden's social distancing looks good compared to Trump.

Biden is hiding like a demented old fool when he should be ignoring sound judgement and advice and holding huge rallies where members of his political party can catch covid and straight-up die.

I don't even like Biden, but Trump's over the top attacks on the guy have really warmed my cynical heart.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 160,000 deaths. Gaffes look trivial in comparison. 

That's why his supporters have the following defenses upon which to rationalize and/or shirk blame:

Trump did better than Hillary would or Biden will
The numbers are fake and inflated to make Trump look bad
Fauci is at fault for being an incompetent liar
160,000 deaths are nothing compared to the trouble we will be in if democrats get their way and let rioters and terrorists overrun us

You have to realize that enough Trump supporters fully believe having a democrat in the office will flat-out destroy everything, so asking them to be critical of Trump is like expecting someone to complain about the taste of a live-saving medicine.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Any diverse African Americans here?  Apparently there are a few.  Couldn’t be the ones who vote for Trump because they ain’t black.  Since junkie is the first thing that pops in your head when talking to a black guy, I guess they aren’t the diverse ones.

?  ?  Confused
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 12:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 160,000 deaths. Gaffes look trivial in comparison. 

This number is significant when compared to nations of similar population.  Do we have such numbers?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 02:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This number is significant when compared to nations of similar population.  Do we have such numbers?

We're ranked 3rd in world population, so Indonesia at 4th has the closest population. They have 5,500 reported deaths. India, at 2nd, has nearly 4 times as many people as us (1.3b) and 42k deaths. Pakistan has 6k deaths and Brazil 97k.

Per capita, of the 20 most affected nations, we're 4th in mortality, behind UK, Peru, and Chile. If you broaden it to include all nations, we're 8th (Italy, Spain, Belgium, and Sweden would be ahead of us).

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 03:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We're ranked 3rd in world population, so Indonesia at 4th has the closest population. They have 5,500 reported deaths. India, at 2nd, has nearly 4 times as many people as us (1.3b) and 42k deaths. Pakistan has 6k deaths and Brazil 97k.

Per capita, of the 20 most affected nations, we're 4th in mortality, behind UK, Peru, and Chile. If you broaden it to include all nations, we're 8th (Italy, Spain, Belgium, and Sweden would be ahead of us).

So, broaden your statement to include veracity of reported numbers (I find it interesting that China was not on your list at all) and then explain why, despite being 3rd in population we are 8th in deaths, despite obvious questions regarding the validity of the reported figures from many nations.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 03:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, broaden your statement to include veracity of reported numbers (I find it interesting that China was not on your list at all) and then explain why, despite being 3rd in population we are 8th in deaths, despite obvious questions regarding the validity of the reported figures from many nations.

The problem of course is that unlike most other countries listed, the US is still in the "...and counting"-phase. There's only a few new cases in those other countries. There's record-setting numbers of new cases in the US.
Reply/Quote

Gaffes tend to expose people, but I’m not comparing him to anyone. It’s a nice out for people to say but Trump, but nobody is required to vote for either. Maybe we could move toward more than two viable parties if people actually started voting for other parties.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Gaffes tend to expose people, but I’m not comparing him to anyone. It’s a nice out for people to say but Trump, but nobody is required to vote for either. Maybe we could move toward more than two viable parties if people actually started voting for other parties.

Creating a viable third, even more parties will need to begin at lower levels than the presidency. There needs to be significant electoral reform before we will ever see more than two parties in our system that have any chance. It's also a catch-22 because in order to have the changes needed, the people in power need to create policy to allow for it, but doing so means they reduce their power so they will never do it. Citizen initiated referendums are the only tool that can be used to overcome this, but these don't exist in every state.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Gaffes tend to expose people, but I’m not comparing him to anyone. It’s a nice out for people to say but Trump, but nobody is required to vote for either. Maybe we could move toward more than two viable parties if people actually started voting for other parties.

This is escaping the situation by dreaming.
Your system and the power structures it created allow for two opposing parties and that's the American way.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 03:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We're ranked 3rd in world population, so Indonesia at 4th has the closest population. They have 5,500 reported deaths. India, at 2nd, has nearly 4 times as many people as us (1.3b) and 42k deaths. Pakistan has 6k deaths and Brazil 97k.

(08-07-2020, 03:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, broaden your statement to include veracity of reported numbers (I find it interesting that China was not on your list at all) and then explain why, despite being 3rd in population we are 8th in deaths, despite obvious questions regarding the validity of the reported figures from many nations.

Bmore gave the numbers, now you want more?

But you ARE right about one thing SSF:  We don't know the real numbers from other countries.  You just didn't take it far enough.  I find it interesting that your didn't include  the US in that statement.  Florida fudged numbers.  The Trump administration the CDC from getting or giving us virus data.  From an administration that lies about almost everything every day can't be trusted whether it is China or the US.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 12:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Anyone here a junkie?

At least have the common decency to include the entire exchange.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/05/joe-biden-reporter-cognitive-test-391771

Quote:Joe Biden rebuked a reporter who asked if the former vice president had taken a cognitive test, claiming that asking the question was similar to asking the interviewer if he was using cocaine.
CBS correspondent Errol Barnett prompted the presumptive Democratic nominee to clarify if he had taken a test measuring his mental acuity, leading to a tense exchange.

"No, I haven't taken a test. Why the hell would I take a test? Come on, man,” Biden said. “That's like saying to you, before you got on this program if you had taken a test were you taking cocaine or not. What do you think, huh? Are you a junkie?"

clip from the interview, which was conducted as part of the virtual convention of the National Association of Black Journalists and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, was released Wednesday morning.

"It was a preposterous question deserving of a response that showed the absurdity of it all," a Biden campaign official told POLITICO.

Maybe Biden just have told them it was a "nasty question" and insulted them personally instead.  Mellow

And Biden apologized/clarified that statement too.  It is refreshing to have a man who can admit he said something wrong and correct it without doubling down on his lie/gaffe being the truth.

DJT tweeted that he makes his mistakes "on purpose".  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

People question our numbers.  Georgia has been caught three times fudging the numbers.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: This is escaping the situation by dreaming.
Your system and the power structures it created allow for two opposing parties and that's the American way.

No. If just 10% voted for a single third party they would have to start paying attention. A lot of people thought we had the two worst candidates ever last election, and yet they all voted for one of them. I hate most AA sayings, but they have one good one. Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Hell I’m even for campaign finance reform for the candidates. I don’t think you should be able to limit citizens from spending their money, but you can limit candidates from accepting money.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 09:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: At least have the common decency to include the entire exchange.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/05/joe-biden-reporter-cognitive-test-391771

Maybe Biden just have told them it was a "nasty question" and insulted them personally instead.  Mellow

And Biden apologized/clarified that statement too.  It is refreshing to have a man who can admit he said something wrong and correct it without doubling down on his lie/gaffe being the truth.

DJT tweeted that he makes his mistakes "on purpose".  

Great he apologized, but we still get to see the mind and what it thinks. Again, if you want to use Trump as an out then that’s up to you. You’ve made 10,000 threads about the worst person in the world, and the best you have is your guy is better than him.

Reply/Quote