Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-04-2020, 01:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Back in the day my cousin wanted a Nintendo more than anything and he awoke Christmas morning to find Santa had given him a dartboard instead.  

Kind of a dangerous present to give to someone you just disappointed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Your two bolded statements there contradict each other as they are.

No, they don't.  Explain how, because this post certainly doesn't. 

Quote:Why would you think some voters ("idiots" as you call them) would leave CA because of the policies and then vote for them in another state? 

Because they're idiots who don't understand cause and effect.

Quote:If they really left because of the policies they wouldn't support them elsewhere. 

They would if they don't understand cause and effect.

Quote:Now if they just left, or the demographics are changing, and those policies are gaining support in new areas that would make more sense.

Why would leaving because of demographic change make sense?  That seems very racist to me.

Quote:I wouldn't move just because of the PA gas tax and then go to Ohio and vote to increase the gas taxes.

You would if you couldn't afford a home because of the sky high taxes in this state.  It's not just a "gas tax" it's taxes on everything.  

Quote:But then maybe I'm just not an "idiot".

I'm going to show you a courtesy you don't deserve and leave this straight line alone.

(11-04-2020, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just proves that the people blaming the exodus from California on Democratic policies are wrong.

The cost of living in california was high even when Republicans were carrying the state through 1988.

"High" is relative.  They have increased exponentially since this state decided anything with a D next to their name deserved to be elected.  California has cratered in just about every aspect in the last twenty years.  

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

The only reason CA is even at 19 is the economy, which is largely dependent on location and size, and natural environment, which has zero to do with politics.  I've lived here since we returned in 1986, I don't need someone who may never even have set foot in the state to tell me what I've experienced personally.  
Reply/Quote
Curious as to people's thoughts on the possibility of 100% of new votes in Wisconsin ALL being cast for Biden? I know Bmore thinks just mentioning it is a threat to our democracy but what about others? Are the facts wrong? Mistaken? Taken out of context?

If they are correct, what is the possibility of that happening legitimately?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Curious as to people's thoughts on the possibility of 100% of new votes in Wisconsin ALL being cast for Biden? I know Bmore thinks just mentioning it is a threat to our democracy but what about others? Are the facts wrong? Mistaken? Taken out of context?

I saw a tweet on this in a Politico article and now I can't find it.  Where did you hear about this?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've lived here since we returned in 1986, I don't need someone who may never even have set foot in the state to tell me what I've experienced personally.  

First you claim that people who have lived there are stupid and don't know what is going on.

Then you claim the fact that you lived there proves it is impossible for you to be stupid or not know what is going on.

What brilliant logic.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If they are correct, what is the possibility of that happening legitimately?

Doesn't matter if they are correct or not.  The story is out there to explain to Trump supporters how the election was stolen from them.

Got a link to the source for this claim?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Curious as to people's thoughts on the possibility of 100% of new votes in Wisconsin ALL being cast for Biden? I know Bmore thinks just mentioning it is a threat to our democracy but what about others? Are the facts wrong? Mistaken? Taken out of context?

That's not a fair representation of my criticism of Trump's tweets. 

Saying his leads are "magically disappearing" as "very strange" "surprise ballots" are found. Suggesting that they are "making up" votes. "Finding Biden votes" and that is is "very bad for our country". 

This is irresponsible rhetoric that is intended to get his base doubting the official results. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First you claim that people who have lived there are stupid and don't know what is going on.

No I didn't.  In typical Fred fashion you're twisting another poster's words.

Quote:Then you claim the fact that you lived there proves it is impossible for you to be stupid or not know what is going on.

What brilliant logic.

LOL

I honestly don't know why I or anyone else even attempts to engage with you.  Your dishonest posting style is the anthesis of a good faith debate.  Not a personal attack, just my opinion on your posting history.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, they don't.  Explain how, because this post certainly doesn't. 

Because they're idiots who don't understand cause and effect.

They would if they don't understand cause and effect.

Why would leaving because of demographic change make sense?  That seems very racist to me.

You would if you couldn't afford a home because of the sky high taxes in this state.  It's not just a "gas tax" it's taxes on everything.  

I'm going to show you a courtesy you don't deserve and leave this straight line alone.

"High" is relative.  They have increased exponentially since this state decided anything with a D next to their name deserved to be elected.  California has cratered in just about every aspect in the last twenty years.  

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

The only reason CA is even at 19 is the economy, which is largely dependent on location and size, and natural environment, which has zero to do with politics.  I've lived here since we returned in 1986, I don't need someone who may never even have set foot in the state to tell me what I've experienced personally.  

You are so obtuse sometimes.

You said people left BECASUE of the California policies and then voted for them elsewhere.  Now you say they did it because they don't understand what they are voting for yet you said they left because of it.

How dumb.

I used an easy to understand "policy" and you switched it to another one.  

Dumber.

My understanding would be people did move but not because they hated the polices that YOU do and then voted for them in their new state.  But that would make too much sense I suppose when it's easier to call them "idiots" who don't understand anything.

Just say everyone who doesn't vote the way you do is an "idiot" it would be a long more honest of you.

Then, THEN you completely misinterpret me saying that the OTHER state might have changed because of changing demographics in THAT state OR people just moved NOT because of the policies in your state then the swing in votes would make more sense.

And demographics includes more than race.  So should I expect an apology?  Hilarious
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I saw a tweet on this in a Politico article and now I can't find it.  Where did you hear about this?

Reddit. But I do know it was one of the articles Trump tweeted out this morning.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Same; the article said something about representatives, "but one state has 3 dems and 4 reps and another has 9 dems and 9 reps and another..." etc. etc., so even though I'm completely confused lol, I feel that to be correct as it seems to match up with your deduction.

Why not use popular vote as a tie-breaker? It only makes sense...

Our current system makes no sense as it is. Think about it. We have a system where it is too tight to tell who will be the next POTUS, yet one of the candidates has a majority of the national popular vote. Not just a plurality, but a majority (and that share will likely just rise), and he is at risk of not being POTUS. It's asinine.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: You are so obtuse sometimes.

You said people left BECASUE of the California policies and then voted for them elsewhere.  Now you say they did it because they don't understand what they are voting for yet you said they left because of it.

How dumb.

I used an easy to understand "policy" and you switched it to another one.  

Dumber.

My understanding would be people did move but not because they hated the polices that YOU do and then voted for them in their new state.  But that would make too much sense I suppose when it's easier to call them "idiots" who don't understand anything.

Just say everyone who doesn't vote the way you do is an "idiot" it would be a long more honest of you.

Then, THEN you completely misinterpret me saying that the OTHER state might have changed because of changing demographics in THAT state OR people just moved NOT because of the policies in your state then the swing in votes would make more sense.

This is a rambling screed that makes little to no sense.

Quote:And demographics includes more than race.  So should I expect an apology?  Hilarious

Apologies for what?  I didn't call you anything, unlike your above post.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't matter if they are correct or not.  

Voter fraud doesn't matter?  Nervous

(11-04-2020, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got a link to the source for this claim?

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/11/04/michigan-ballots-n274829
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because this is America and we have a US Constitution. 

Yup, Ass-Backwards as always. ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No I didn't.  In typical Fred fashion you're twisting another poster's words.

I honestly don't know why I or anyone else even attempts to engage with you.  Your dishonest posting style is the anthesis of a good faith debate.  Not a personal attack, just my opinion on your posting history.t twist anyones words.

I did not twist anyones words. You claimed since you live there you understand exactly what is going on.

Why does that argument apply to you but not to other people who lived there?
Reply/Quote
Well this is encouraging:
https://news.yahoo.com/thom-tillis-declares-victory-north-181712497.html?

Quote:Senator Thom Tillis (R., N.C.) has declared victory in his reelection bid against Democrat Cal Cunningham.

The North Carolina Senate race has not been called by the Associated Press as of Wednesday afternoon. However, Tillis currently holds 48.7 percent of the vote to Cunningham’s 46.9 percent, with 93 percent of the total vote counted.

Most North Carolina counties have already reported greater than 98 percent of their results, according to the New York Times. Several populous Democratic counties have reported about 90 percent of their results, indicating that Cunningham may be able to narrow Tillis’s lead. However, Tillis decided to declare victory.

I said when this all started that my only concern was keeping the Senate. It's looking more and more likely that the Dems were unable to buy it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Voter fraud doesn't matter?  Nervous

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/11/04/michigan-ballots-n274829

That was a data error and not what people are claiming. The originator of the claim even deleted his tweet and explained the error.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to two years of nothing getting done.
Reply/Quote
I think we can all acknowledge the mail in vote is mostly Biden; my question is why? Is their a common trait that mail in voters have that makes them lean Left? (I get that is fodder for the amateur comedians in the forum).

As I understand it, Biden was bolstered by the younger vote while Trump did better than expected with Seniors. Seems Senior would be the ones that had to mail in.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to two years of nothing getting done.

I agree. There's a much better chance of the GOP taking the House in 2022. 

Reply/Quote