Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-06-2020, 12:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hey I live in a townhouse complex with 6 other families but I work in the oil industry and they don't. I should have more voting power than them because they all rely on my job to get to their job. 

That farmer is one guy, same as me, same as you. Should Ted Nuget get more votes because of how much land he owns despite the fact he doesn't work it?

No. Land doesn't vote. Jobs don't vote. Hardship in life doesn't vote. People vote. Period. End game. No more bad faith arguments. Ya done.

Farmer needs your oil to run his tractor to feed the rest of us.

Time to yank these rural types down off their high horses and remind them they're no better'n the rest of us!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 10:29 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because we live in a federal republic where every state has a voice, and that voice is based off of the population. So bigger states and cities can't just control the small ones by always controlling the executive branch. What's good for the city isnt always good for the country and vice versa.

Can you give me some examples?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So these vertical farms that have robot workers? I’m confused. Do the robots get votes?

Or these morons working in food factories? They are feeding America. But some of them live with multiple other people in small apartments. Maybe there is a way we can make America great again and bring that 3/5s rule back to the EC for these types.

Maybe we should tie votes to economic output. Some sort of mathematical formula to determine how much economic output a person produces which then increases or decreases the power of their vote accordingly. That is what bfine seems to be getting at, right?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I saw one today maybe a lot of people have seen it.

“Canada must feel like they live in an apartment above a meth lab.”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I saw one today maybe a lot of people have seen it.

I swear I’m not being snarky, this has literally been around on Reddit the whole Trump presidency haha.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Maybe we should tie votes to economic output. Some sort of mathematical formula to determine how much economic output a person produces which then increases or decreases the power of their vote accordingly. That is what bfine seems to be getting at, right?

I don't think that's it. I think this is all about weighing predominantly conservative votes higher than predominantly liberal votes.

This is what all these arguments boil down to, by chance for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Maybe we should tie votes to economic output. Some sort of mathematical formula to determine how much economic output a person produces which then increases or decreases the power of their vote accordingly. That is what bfine seems to be getting at, right?

Like an voter caste system? Cool. I’m down with it. First off, people who aren’t veterans don’t get any civil rights because obviously our votes should count a helluva lot more.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:45 PM)Dill Wrote: No, inequality doesn't only pertain to race.

I'm just highlighting that as one area in which the US has been a political innovator in finding ways to maintain inequality while taking great trouble never to mention the actual ground of that inequality. 

That's how we have reached this odd political juncture at which people who still recognize racial inequality can be called the "real" racists.

All those other inequalities are important and need addressing, but racism has been dominant concern--and dominant denial--in our history.

Completely understood; it did go way over my head LOL

But yes, I actually agree; the racism seen down by you guys is... alarming.

I mean, I grew up surrounded by Conservative, Italian families (who have become increasingly-so, as my peers have gotten older), so there would always be racist talk and, "making-fun0of," but I never saw it as anything but playground antics and it was all in good fun, as opposed to systemic hate. Our black/Indian/Filipino friends, for example (of which there are a ton of), we would all poke fun at each other and all point out or racial foibles, but never once did we ever denigrate the other with racist names (calling someone black the "n," word, monkey, etc., for example) or exclude someone.

It was all lip-service, but in our hearts, none of us believed then or believe now, that any of us is better than the other (probably why all of us have maintained a friendship into our 30s, though we don't see each other at all lol Sad). In the States, it appears that it is something that is more than lip service and that is a dangerous thing indeed.

I will say though, the months leading up to the election have really shown the true colours of some people I grew up with, people I respected and considered as good-hearted; the amount of hate that they post daily is despicable... and they have no affiliation with the US at all! They just love Trump and hate people of colour.

Really disheartening; thank God the overwhelming majority of the country aren't like them.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I saw one today maybe a lot of people have seen it.

(11-06-2020, 02:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: I swear I’m not being snarky, this has literally been around on Reddit the whole Trump presidency haha.

Jason gave me rep and wrote that exact line in it LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

I feel like we used to have a system where we disproportionately valued one class of people over others when it came to representation. 

I might know of a website where we can find people to be front and center in support of that stormy idea.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 12:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hey I live in a townhouse complex with 6 other families but I work in the oil industry and they don't. I should have more voting power than them because they all rely on my job to get to their job. 

That farmer is one guy, same as me, same as you. Should Ted Nuget get more votes because of how much land he owns despite the fact he doesn't work it?

No. Land doesn't vote. Jobs don't vote. Hardship in life doesn't vote. People vote. Period. End game. No more bad faith arguments. Ya done.

Okey Dokey. Assuming the US Constitution agrees with you. 

Perhaps we'll change our tune if we ever go straight popular and folks that live/work those rural areas will migrate to towns because dense populations are going to vote for what benefits them. 

WTS, if anyone wants to continue to paint this as me saying "it should be based on how much land you own"; feel free to do it in the minority rule thread. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I feel like we used to have a system where we disproportionately valued one class of people over others when it came to representation. 

I might know of a website where we can find people to be front and center in support of that stormy idea.

And there is it.......IT's RACIST!!

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't think that's it. I think this is all about weighing predominantly conservative votes higher than predominantly liberal votes.

This is what all these arguments boil down to, by chance for sure. 

You're saying the quiet part out loud.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And there is it.......IT's RACIST!!

What's racist?

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I feel like we used to have a system where we disproportionately valued one class of people over others when it came to representation. 

Stormfront is a white nationalist,[3] white supremacist,[4] antisemitic, Holocaust denial,[5][6][7] and Neo-Nazi[8] Internet forum, and the Web's first major racial hate site.[9] In addition to its promotion of Holocaust denial, Stormfront has increasingly become active in the propagation of Islamophobia.

(11-06-2020, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What's racist?

You really didn't see that?

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And there is it.......IT's RACIST!!

Let me guess. You learned that in your college anthropology class you admitted you never took during college?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stormfront is a white nationalist,[3] white supremacist,[4] antisemitic, Holocaust denial,[5][6][7] and Neo-Nazi[8] Internet forum, and the Web's first major racial hate site.[9] In addition to its promotion of Holocaust denial, Stormfront has increasingly become active in the propagation of Islamophobia.

You really didn't see that?

So, something coming from Stormfront means that it is automatically racist?

Reply/Quote
SIde note, how can Trump brag up how well the republicans did with the senate vote but also talk about how the whole voting measures this time were ultra-fraudulent?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, something coming from Stormfront means that it is automatically racist?

Let's try this:

Why do you think he made reference to Storm Front?

Because it's a good source?

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let me guess. You learned that in your college anthropology class you admitted you never took during college?

No; it has to do with cyclical rate of fire weapons expert. 

Reply/Quote