Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Fanspeak's Draft Challenge Nov
Rules are simple: go to draft site https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Choose Bengals
Choose 7 rounds
Choose the top Big Board (it changes from time to time)
Choose Fanspeak team needs
Choose Fanspeak power rankings
Choose Classic.

Post your BEST draft by labeling the month i.e.; psychdoctor November. You can only post one draft per month.
Members will vote on who had the best draft at the end of each month. Good luck!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whatever-November

1: R1P1
EDGE CHASE YOUNG
OHIO STATE
33: R2P1
LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON
65: R3P1
LB KENNETH MURRAY
OKLAHOMA
107: R4P1
OT JOSH JONES
HOUSTON
145: R5P1
G BEN CLEVELAND
GEORGIA
179: R6P1
WR AARON FULLER
WASHINGTON
214: R7P1
CB TROY PRIDE JR.
NOTRE DAME

This one kind of went a bit wonky because I simply couldn't pass on Simmons in 2 or Murray in 3. I wanted to experiment by going with Young instead of Tua or Burrow in 1.
Reply/Quote
Mike's monsters of the who-dey November    

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Given that it's only Month 1 in this thread, I'll give Finley/Dolegala the benefit of the doubt. Let me see what they have.

I went with 4 players on D and 3 on O.  I don't like taking only 1 OLineman, but I hope we can trade Dalton, Glenn, and  Dre K for some extra picks.

1:  EDGE CHASE YOUNG OHIO STATE – Possibly the best player in the draft, or so they say. If he can impact our D like the Bosas have, he's worth the #1 overall.

2: LB KENNETH MURRAY OKLAHOMA – We can't pretend that LB isn't a need. This guy looks ferocious, and he's fast. Adding him and Young would give us two impact playmakers on the D side of the ball. Could free us up to trade Carlos if we decide that we're not going with a QB at #1.

3: OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO AUBURN – Best Olineman available at this point in the draft. Trade Cordy Glenn for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Hopefully, this kid can start.

4: WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON LSU – I might take Burrow in a later draft, for now JJ is one of his better WRs. He'd be a great addition to go along with Boyd and AJ.

5: CB JEFF GLADNEY TCU – Watched some film on this guy, and he can play. Trade Dre K for some more picks.

6: LB DONTAVIOUS JACKSON FLORIDA STATE – Risky pick maybe, but he's another ferocious linebacker. Shows some skills and instincts.

7: TE MITCHELL WILCOX SOUTH FLORIDA – Nice pass catching TE. Didn't evaluate his blocking, but he can catch the ball and has alot of athleticism.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
1. Joe Burrow QB LSU - Any team who doesn't draft Burrow is going to regret it before long.  This guy has several of the "it" factors.  Sit him on the bench until the pass protection is fixed + he's ready.  He's no one year wonder. Just teach him how to slide.

2.  Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson - Freakishly athletic.  Sideline to sideline speed and scraping abilities are exciting.  Raw spots can be coached out of him.

3.  Lucas Niang OT TCU - Very high upside due to his raw power.  Could bookend Jonah Williams in an ideal world.

4.  Jaylon Johnson CB Utah - Instincts and play speed that can't be taught.  Combined with speed and length?  Dangerous DB.

5.  Neville Gallimore DT Oklahoma - High motor, leadership potential, strong, disruptive, space clogger, nasty NT type.  The knock on him is a lack of stamina.  Rotation = who cares?

6.  Terrance Steele OL Texas Tech - Displays natural grit and advanced pass protection capabilities.

7.  Khaleke Hudson LB/DE Michigan - "The Viper" lol. He was coached by Jim Harbaugh and may have a future as a hybrid LB/DE type.  The best defenses in the league are doing this stuff with their speedy freaky athletes.    

(Bilbo Saggins - November)
Reply/Quote
Psychdoctor-November

This one was hard to pick. I tried to address several needs. I think this fixes most of the OL problems and maybe QB of future. Bengals need another CB because Dennard is injured all the time and Dre is just not playing well. I wish I could fix the LB issue but I had to choose between OL or backers, and with new young QB, the OL is priority.

1: R1P1: New era for RDE and Young will be a reason to watch the Bengals! Pro-Bowler and probably the safest pick in draft.
EDGE CHASE YOUNG
OHIO STATE

33: R2P1: Yep, I went with the competent game manager. He can make all the throws but maybe will develop into more.
QB JAKE FROMM
GEORGIA

65: R3P1: This kid can play LT and Jonah Williams will be better fit at RT.
OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO
AUBURN

107: R4P1: Dantzler is one of my favorite CB, he caused hell for Burrow in the LSU game. Dantzler can pair up with WJ3.
CB CAMERON DANTZLER
MISSISSIPPI STATE

145: R5P1: they say he is on small side, but they said same about Geno. He is a high character player with non-stop motor.
DL LARRELL MURCHISON
NC STATE

179: R6P1: Tez 2 is an ILB tackling machine, has had nearly 15 tackles for loss. Say good bye to P. Brown.
LB KYAHVA TEZINO
SAN DIEGO STATE

214: R7P1: Becton is a massive man. He is 6'7" weighs about 355 lbs, with good feet. I see him as left guard next to Wanogho.
G MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Shanebo - November

I'm always game for a mock draft, but I think Fanspeak and I must have different valuations on a lot of these players -- everyone from 3 on seems like a steal to me ... This mock gives us a QB, two big-time playmakers to help fix our D, and 3 potential starters on the O-line. Can't ask for much more than that.

1: R1P1 EDGE CHASE YOUNG OHIO STATE - Arguably the best player in the draft and a position of need (pass rush/edge); defensive playmaker that teams will have to plan for. Since I couldn't trade back, I had to grab him here.
33: R2P1 QB JACOB EASON WASHINGTON - This one could be a reach, but Eason is my third favorite QB of this class after Tua and JB (even after that stinker of a game vs Utah). I thought he looked better than Herbert vs Oregon. Big arm, increased accuracy; just needs to work on instincts and decision-making, which should come with experience.
65: R3P1 LB KENNETH MURRAY OKLAHOMA - Absolute steal here. 3 down playmaker who can play any LB position and best ILB in the class. No way he lasts to 3, IMO.
107: R4P1 G SHANE LEMIEUX OREGON - Our new starting LG; good size and speed. Solid player.
145: R5P1 OT YASIR DURANT MISSOURI - I liked this guy last year, but he pulled out of the draft. Enormous man, strong, good run blocker; would play RT for us and likely is already better than Hart (which isn't saying much). Should compete to start as a rookie. A few red flags (lazy/fat), but I don't think he lasts this long.
179: R6P1 C JAKE HANSON OREGON - Can't believe this guy was still here. After watching him (largely) control Derrick Brown in week one, I figured he'd be the first or second C off the board. Should go before this, but I'll gladly take him here. Could be a starter if Hopkins leaves, or challenge for a G spot. I actually like him better than Lemieux, who I took 2 rounds earlier.
214: R7P1 WR K.J. HILL OHIO STATE - Again, I think he's gone long before 7, but have to grab him here. Gives us some insurance if AJ leaves.
Reply/Quote
This was a lot of fun. I had gone in thinking I was definitely going to address QB but I ended up seeing tons of value elsewhere that had me hold off. I also took my time and researched players I wasn't familiar with to get an idea of some of their strengths/weaknesses instead of just blindly making picks. In the end, no idea how good this mock is but I definitely had fun.

R1P1 - DE Chase Young: No explanation needed here, really. The man is a flat out monster and provides an immediate pass rushing threat to a defense that badly needs it. If he lives up to his billing, he could certainly make things easier for Dunlap and Atkins who are beginning to slow down.

R2P1 - LB Isaiah Simmons: Wonderful value. I was originally thinking of addressing QB here but all five QBs went in the first round. Simmons is a S/OLB hybrid with elite speed, great run defense and solid coverage skills. Realistically, he is likely going to go in the Top 20 come May but here, this is fantastic value.

R3P1 - LB Kenneth Murray: I really ended up going in on the LBers once I saw Murray here. Another linebacker with great sideline to sideline speed while being bigger than Simmons. Good run defender, solid coverage skills. Realistically, he is probably going to go in the late first or early second come May. With Simmons and Murray, I would feel much more comfortable with our LB corps.

R4P1 - G Shane Lemieux: Strong, technical guard who is good at both pass blocking and run blocking. Three year starter, PFF had him the highest rated guard in the PAC-12 and the 3rd rated guard in the nation at the end of 2018. Having another solid year, would have the potential to compete/start on the line day one.

R5P1 - OT Yasir Durant: Projected a RT in the NFL, he has FANTASTIC size at 6'7 and 330 pounds. He has struggled with some weight issues and there have been concerns about his work ethic but he is a strong, capable blocker.

R6P1 - CB Thomas Graham Jr.: A late round corner from Oregon. A bit of a reach as he is likely a 7th round prospect but he has good size and has held up well in coverage while not being afraid to come up and make a tackle. Likely PS guy.

R7P1 - LB Dejon Harris: Big, physical linebacker from Arkansas. Solid run defender but struggles in pass coverage. Likely PS guy.
Reply/Quote
May as well just crown me the champion right now!  Ninja

1: R1P1 - QB TUA TAGOVAILOA, ALABAMA
1: R1P1 - QB JOE BURROW, LSU - I changed my pick to Joe Burrow after Tua got hurt, plus Psych said I could change it. Burrow showed more poise and mobility in the Alabama game than I gave him credit for up to that point. He's still risky because he wasn't elite prior to 2019, but I'm trying to have optimism that he would have been better last year if he had Joe Brady as the passing game coordinator last year like he does this year. Burrow may not have quite the ceiling as a guy like Herbert or Eason but I think he has a higher floor. He has a good enough arm to make all the throws, he prioritizes the pass over tucking and running, and he operates a much more pro-style offense than these other teams. 

33: R2P1 - OT TREY ADAMS, WASHINGTON - Adams would have been a surefire 1st rounder if he didn't have season-ending injuries the past two years. But he's looking good again this year and has been healthy. I think Adams would pair well with Williams, and both he and Williams can play both OT spots. That's something that's not common in OT prospects.

65: R3P1 - LB KENNETH MURRAY, OKLAHOMA - Murray is a 3-down LB in my eyes. If the team went out and got a good FA, I think Murray and Pratt would make a good LB trio for years to come.

107: R4P1 - DL JUSTIN MADUBUIKE, TEXAS A&M - Did some research on this guy, and he puts the pressure on QBs. He can also play across the DL. I see him as a great option to play nickel DT next to Atkins and take over for him once Atkins is gone.

145: R5P1 - WR TYLER JOHNSON, MINNESOTA
- Johnson is a very solid, well-rounded receiver who only chose Minnesota because it's his hometown state and he always wanted to play there.

179: R6P1 - S JOSH METELLUS, MICHIGAN - Solid DB prospect who can defend the run and also cover.

214: R7P1 - G LOGAN STENBERG, KENTUCKY - I must be (much) higher on Stenberg than Fanspeak because I have this guy pegged as a 3rd-4th rounder. Getting him in the 7th is a steal in my eyes. He gets push at the LOS and can help establish the run very well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 04:24 AM)Shady Wrote: Given that it's only Month 1 in this thread, I'll give Finley/Dolegala the benefit of the doubt. Let me see what they have.

I went with 4 players on D and 3 on O.  I don't like taking only 1 OLineman, but I hope we can trade Dalton, Glenn, and  Dre K for some extra picks.

1:  EDGE CHASE YOUNG OHIO STATE – Possibly the best player in the draft, or so they say. If he can impact our D like the Bosas have, he's worth the #1 overall.

2: LB KENNETH MURRAY OKLAHOMA – We can't pretend that LB isn't a need. This guy looks ferocious, and he's fast. Adding him and Young would give us two impact playmakers on the D side of the ball. Could free us up to trade Carlos if we decide that we're not going with a QB at #1.

3: OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO AUBURN – Best Olineman available at this point in the draft. Trade Cordy Glenn for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Hopefully, this kid can start.

4: WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON LSU – I might take Burrow in a later draft, for now JJ is one of his better WRs. He'd be a great addition to go along with Boyd and AJ.

5: CB JEFF GLADNEY TCU – Watched some film on this guy, and he can play. Trade Dre K for some more picks.

6: LB DONTAVIOUS JACKSON FLORIDA STATE – Risky pick maybe, but he's another ferocious linebacker. Shows some skills and instincts.

7: TE MITCHELL WILCOX SOUTH FLORIDA – Nice pass catching TE. Didn't evaluate his blocking, but he can catch the ball and has alot of athleticism.

Doubt they'll be there, but I would be doing back flips for this draft
Reply/Quote
PikespeakUC - November

1: R1P1
QB JOE BURROW
LSU

33: R2P1
LB DYLAN MOSES
ALABAMA

65: R3P1
CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU

107: R4P1
WR LYNN BOWDEN
KENTUCKY

145: R5P1
G TOMMY KRAEMER
NOTRE DAME

179: R6P1
DL ROSS BLACKLOCK
TCU

214: R7P1
OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON
OREGON

I really felt good about this one. Kramer is arguably the best guard in the draft and I landed him in the 5th. We got our QB of the future, a top level linebacker in the second round, and a WR in Bowden who has the ability to do a lot of different things for this team with his versatility. Throckmorton could move up draft boards as a tackle, and Blacklock could be a good rotational guy. Gladney provides depth at CB and is hopefully someone we can hang on to unlike the Harris situation.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
SadFaceBengal15- November

Round 1 chase young DE best player in college football.
Round 2 Jacob Eason QB First round qb in the second with all the makings to be a franchise qb
Round 3 Ben Bredeson OG arguable the best guard in the draft
Round 4 Jacob Phillips ILB very smart fly around physical linebacker. Darius Leonard like.
Round 5 Yasir Durant OT Big massive left tackle on one of the best offensive lines in the country. He will be a right tackle in the nfl which is what we need.
Round 6 Lamar Jackson CB Big physical in ur face corner who is what Kirkpatrick wishes he was.
Round 7 Michael Pittman JR. WR softens the blow if we lose AJ green as I think this kid could be a steal with the potential to be a # 1 in the nfl.

This draft instantly gives us our franchise qb instantly changes our defense to top 15 at least and solidifies our oline as a top oline in the league.
I rest my case
Reply/Quote
Pick1....Joe Burrow QB LSU.....Franchise QB with first pick makes sense

Pick 2....Jabari Zuniga Edge Florida...Freaky high ceiling, raw

Pick 3.....Solomon Kindley G Georgia....335 wide body mauler

Pick 4....Josh Jones T Houston....6'6 330 bad and nasty

Pick 5....Larrell Murchison DT NC State...adds some inside rush

Pick 6...KJ Hill WR Ohio State....good routes, good speed

Pick 7...Zach Baun LB Wisconsin...versatile and pesky
Reply/Quote
1: R1P1 QB JOE BURROW LSU

33: R2P1 EDGE CURTIS WEAVER BOISE STATE

65: R3P1 WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON LSU

107: R4P1 OT SAM COSMI TEXAS

145: R5P1 LB JACOB PHILLIPS LSU

179: R6P1 CB LAMAR JACKSON NEBRASKA

214: R7P1 WR K.J. HILL OHIO STATE

Obviously, I'm a fan of taking the new franchise QB, and I just like Burrow a little more than the others. I think Curtis Weaver adds instant excitement to the pass rush. Wanted to give Burrow plenty of weapons, so I doubled down on WR, took a 4th round flyer on the Tackle from Texas. If he's not ready to play RT, maybe he can develop at G? Jackson brings a good STs athlete as well as depth at CB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 08:35 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Pick1....Joe Burrow QB LSU.....Franchise QB with first pick makes sense

Pick 2....Jabari Zuniga Edge Florida...Freaky high ceiling, raw

Pick 3.....Solomon Kindley G Georgia....335 wide body mauler

Pick 4....Josh Jones T Houston....6'6 330 bad and nasty

Pick 5....Larrell Murchison DT NC State...adds some inside rush

Pick 6...KJ Hill WR Ohio State....good routes, good speed

Pick 7...Zach Baun LB Wisconsin...versatile and pesky

Lol u waited til the 7th round to address linebacker....smh
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 05:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This was a lot of fun. I had gone in thinking I was definitely going to address QB but I ended up seeing tons of value elsewhere that had me hold off. I also took my time and researched players I wasn't familiar with to get an idea of some of their strengths/weaknesses instead of just blindly making picks. In the end, no idea how good this mock is but I definitely had fun.

R1P1 - DE Chase Young: No explanation needed here, really. The man is a flat out monster and provides an immediate pass rushing threat to a defense that badly needs it. If he lives up to his billing, he could certainly make things easier for Dunlap and Atkins who are beginning to slow down.

R2P1 - LB Isaiah Simmons: Wonderful value. I was originally thinking of addressing QB here but all five QBs went in the first round. Simmons is a S/OLB hybrid with elite speed, great run defense and solid coverage skills. Realistically, he is likely going to go in the Top 20 come May but here, this is fantastic value.

R3P1 - LB Kenneth Murray: I really ended up going in on the LBers once I saw Murray here. Another linebacker with great sideline to sideline speed while being bigger than Simmons. Good run defender, solid coverage skills. Realistically, he is probably going to go in the late first or early second come May. With Simmons and Murray, I would feel much more comfortable with our LB corps.

R4P1 - G Shane Lemieux: Strong, technical guard who is good at both pass blocking and run blocking. Three year starter, PFF had him the highest rated guard in the PAC-12 and the 3rd rated guard in the nation at the end of 2018. Having another solid year, would have the potential to compete/start on the line day one.

R5P1 - OT Yasir Durant: Projected a RT in the NFL, he has FANTASTIC size at 6'7 and 330 pounds. He has struggled with some weight issues and there have been concerns about his work ethic but he is a strong, capable blocker.

R6P1 - CB Thomas Graham Jr.: A late round corner from Oregon. A bit of a reach as he is likely a 7th round prospect but he has good size and has held up well in coverage while not being afraid to come up and make a tackle. Likely PS guy.

R7P1 - LB Dejon Harris: Big, physical linebacker from Arkansas. Solid run defender but struggles in pass coverage. Likely PS guy.

Love the players on their but more concerned with who’s not...who’s playing an for us next year. Don’t joke and say Finley please
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 04:26 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Love the players on their but more concerned with who’s not...who’s playing an for us next year.  Don’t joke and say Finley please

It would likely have to be (I think Dalton is gone this off-season.) The team would still be bad, but the question would be are they bad enough? The key would be if they are able to get someone like Lawrence or Fields in 2021 (which would be nearly an absolute necessity in my opinion.) I think Cincinnati will be pretty bad next year, but I don't know how bad. 

I have another mock that actually addresses QB and offensive line that was also a fun one which I think I realistically lean more towards.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 02:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: May as well just crown me the champion right now!  Ninja

1: R1P1 - QB TUA TAGOVAILOA, ALABAMA - My top QB. Tua is a throw-first QB who has proven he can extend plays with his legs. He's extremely accurate and can make all the throws. I get the nervousness about his ankle, but he's not had a critical injury that would make me question his long-term durability or effectiveness.

33: R2P1 - OT TREY ADAMS, WASHINGTON - Adams would have been a surefire 1st rounder if he didn't have season-ending injuries the past two years. But he's looking good again this year and has been healthy. I think Adams would pair well with Williams, and both he and Williams can play both OT spots. That's something that's not common in OT prospects.

65: R3P1 - LB KENNETH MURRAY, OKLAHOMA - Murray is a 3-down LB in my eyes. If the team went out and got a good FA, I think Murray and Pratt would make a good LB trio for years to come.

107: R4P1 - DL JUSTIN MADUBUIKE, TEXAS A&M - Did some research on this guy, and he puts the pressure on QBs. He can also play across the DL. I see him as a great option to play nickel DT next to Atkins and take over for him once Atkins is gone.

145: R5P1 - WR TYLER JOHNSON, MINNESOTA
- Johnson is a very solid, well-rounded receiver who only chose Minnesota because it's his hometown state and he always wanted to play there.

179: R6P1 - S JOSH METELLUS, MICHIGAN - Solid DB prospect who can defend the run and also cover.

214: R7P1 - G LOGAN STENBERG, KENTUCKY - I must be (much) higher on Stenberg than Fanspeak because I have this guy pegged as a 3rd-4th rounder. Getting him in the 7th is a steal in my eyes. He gets push at the LOS and can help establish the run very well.

Hey you may want to change your first round pick given his injury
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 06:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hey you may want to change your first round pick given his injury

We're allowed to? In that case, I'll go Joe Burrow.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 10:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: We're allowed to? In that case, I'll go Joe Burrow.

Good move.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote