Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Fanspeak's Draft Challenge Nov
(11-21-2019, 10:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: We're allowed to? In that case, I'll go Joe Burrow.

yes, just edit it but do fanspeak again.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't get to use all of the draft picks I would have....
During the Off Season I would Move Dalton for a 2nd round pick, Dre for 3rd, then get what ever I can out for Glenn, maybe a 5th?

That frees up some serious money.
So I'd go for Byron Jones, Chris Harris Jr, Jimmy Smith, one of those three should be available on the market, we have the Money, so I'd overpay and get them here.

With the other money we have as well, I'd try like heck to sign DE Clowney, and TE Hunter Henry if they are also available.

So here's my draft (and doesn't include Draft picks from players)

6: R1P6 OT   ANDREW THOMAS  GEORGIA
30: R1P30 QB   JALEN HURTS  OKLAHOMA
39: R2P7 LB   KENNETH MURRAY  OKLAHOMA
59: R2P27 LB   SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN  MIAMI
71: R3P7 G   SOLOMON KINDLEY  GEORGIA
80: R3P16 DL   LEVI ONWUZURIKE  WASHINGTON
98: R3P34 WR   TAMORRION TERRY  FLORIDA STATE
129: R4P23 G   TOMMY KRAEMER  NOTRE DAME
136: R4P30 CB   ERIC STOKES  GEORGIA
214: R7P1 C   KEITH ISMAEL  SAN DIEGO STATE

I really wanted Chase Young, and when I dropped Back to 3rd, I still had a chance to get him, but let the NYG get him instead! But OL needs to be fixed first, and moving back 2 times getting higher round picks really was necessary. And consolation was still best OT in the draft and Hurts in 1st so I can have 5 yr option with him.

2 LB's Kenneth will play OLB and Quarterman ILB with Pratt at OLB. I'm hoping this vastly improves our LB situation.
The 2 G's are perfect, one is RG and other is LG as their more natural positions. Grabbed a C just cause Hopkins could use the competition.

The rest are just guys that I hope will pan out well.
I know it's too much but man. Re-Vamp this rooster and change everyone's outlook on the Bengals overnight.
Reply/Quote
rfaulk34--November

1: QB JOE BURROW
LSU

33: SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA

65: LB KENNETH MURRAY
OKLAHOMA

107: OT COLE VAN LANEN
WISCONSIN

145: CB ERIC STOKES
GEORGIA

179: KEVIN JARVIS
MICHIGAN STATE

214: WR LYNN BOWDEN
KENTUCKY

I'm glad it's the end of the month, so i can do another one soon with Young #1OA.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Those who participated, please send in vote via Private Message to me for top draft board picks...We will start another month challenge soon.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
The Winner for the 2020 Fanspeak Draft Challenge for November is.....

1st Place: Sunset by a squeaker.
2nd Place: Killergoose.
3rd Place: Goalpost/Ochocinco

Good luck for December!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
SHRacerX December: For some reason, it froze up and I didn't get to pick Rd 7, but here it is:

R1P1
EDGE CHASE YOUNG
OHIO STATE

The guy I wanted all along. Put him at RDE in rotation with Carl Lawson and Hubbard at LDE in rotation with Dunlap. Keep them fresh, and keep them hungry.

2: R2P1
QB JOE BURROW
LSU

I know he will never be here in reality, but in this sim he was....

3: R3P1
LB JACOB PHILLIPS
LSU

Big, fast, rangy...Ideal LB for this team. Of course, I would want a veteran FA added to the LB corps as well.

4: R4P1
OT LUCAS NIANG
TCU

Beast with all the tools to be a RT in the league a long time.

5: R5P1
WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON
LSU

Big play receiver with the hops to get contested balls. He has a massive catch radius.

6: R6P1
CB THOMAS GRAHAM
OREGON

Fast, rangy, and great ball instincts. Plays with a ton of confidence. Good size/aggressiveness. Won't shy away from laying the wood.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 10:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: SHRacerX December:  For some reason, it froze up and I didn't get to pick Rd 7, but here it is:

R1P1
EDGE CHASE YOUNG
OHIO STATE

The guy I wanted all along.  Put him at RDE in rotation with Carl Lawson and Hubbard at LDE in rotation with Dunlap.  Keep them fresh, and keep them hungry.

2: R2P1
QB JOE BURROW
LSU

I know he will never be here in reality, but in this sim he was....

3: R3P1
LB JACOB PHILLIPS
LSU

Big, fast, rangy...Ideal LB for this team.  Of course, I would want a veteran FA added to the LB corps as well.  

4: R4P1
OT LUCAS NIANG
TCU

Beast with all the tools to be a RT in the league a long time.  

5: R5P1
WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON
LSU

Big play receiver with the hops to get contested balls.  He has a massive catch radius.  

6: R6P1
CB THOMAS GRAHAM
OREGON

Fast, rangy, and great ball instincts.  Plays with a ton of confidence.  Good size/aggressiveness.  Won't shy away from laying the wood.
Hey
I decided to start a Fanspeak "December" thread. So place in that thread please.
When I do these drafts, most QB are gone by 2nd round with exception to Love, Eason, and Hurts.  I wonder if there will be a run on QB this next draft.  I think Burrow is the only sure thing in top 5, but also maybe Tua.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 04:24 AM)Shady Wrote: Given that it's only Month 1 in this thread, I'll give Finley/Dolegala the benefit of the doubt. Let me see what they have.

I went with 4 players on D and 3 on O.  I don't like taking only 1 OLineman, but I hope we can trade Dalton, Glenn, and  Dre K for some extra picks.

1:  EDGE CHASE YOUNG OHIO STATE – Possibly the best player in the draft, or so they say. If he can impact our D like the Bosas have, he's worth the #1 overall.

2: LB KENNETH MURRAY OKLAHOMA – We can't pretend that LB isn't a need. This guy looks ferocious, and he's fast. Adding him and Young would give us two impact playmakers on the D side of the ball. Could free us up to trade Carlos if we decide that we're not going with a QB at #1.

3: OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO AUBURN – Best Olineman available at this point in the draft. Trade Cordy Glenn for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Hopefully, this kid can start.

4: WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON LSU – I might take Burrow in a later draft, for now JJ is one of his better WRs. He'd be a great addition to go along with Boyd and AJ.

5: CB JEFF GLADNEY TCU – Watched some film on this guy, and he can play. Trade Dre K for some more picks.

6: LB DONTAVIOUS JACKSON FLORIDA STATE – Risky pick maybe, but he's another ferocious linebacker. Shows some skills and instincts.

7: TE MITCHELL WILCOX SOUTH FLORIDA – Nice pass catching TE. Didn't evaluate his blocking, but he can catch the ball and has alot of athleticism.

Just wanted to come back to this. After Finley's poor showing, I see one change I'm sure to make. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote