Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 February Draft Challenge
Psydoctor must be busy with real life, because he hasn't posted this. Be that as it may, Use the Draft network site: https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine or Fanspeak https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php.

Make sure to use latest big board and use 7 rounds.

Please post only one draft from either site and members will vote by first week of following month. thanks!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Alright,

I'll go first. Using TDN Mock Draft

1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU

Try not being too shocked.

2 Ross Blacklock , IDL TCU

This guy will eventually replace Geno. Love his motor. He tore it up at the Senior Bowl. It was tough taking him over Justin Jeffereson, but he was the BPA in my opinion. Our defense needs work.

3 Jordyn Brooks , LB Texas Tech

Speaking of our D needing help, we need to increase our speed at LB. He led TTech in tackles in two different years.

4 Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia

Can't ignore the Oline. In reality, I'd try to pick up a tackle and/or WR with the picks we'd get for Andy.

5 Antoine Brooks Jr., S Maryland

THIS IS OUR HYBRID S/NICKEL LB lots of teams are using these days. Could be a special playmaker.

6 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest

Again, more speed at LB. We need it.

7 Jauan Jennings, WR Tennessee

I know. I picked him in the 7th in an earlier mock, and people told me he'll go much higher. He was the top WR left on the board, so I took him.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 04:37 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Psydoctor must be busy with real life, because he hasn't posted this. Be that as it may, Use the Draft network site: https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine or Fanspeak https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php.

Make sure to use latest big board and use 7 rounds.

Please post only one draft from either site and members will vote by first week of following month. thanks!

ya, sorry/  
I still need to place the winners for January.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
1. Joe Burrow QB....easy pick
2. Terrell Lewis edge/lb....potential and upside
3. Isaiah Wilson OT...great size
4. Davon Hamilton DT...not a need but BPA here
5. Michael Pittman Jr WR....deep class, he was available
6. Bryan Edwards WR...so was he
7. Davion Taylor LB....sort of a tweener, plays in the 220's
Reply/Quote
TDN's Predictive Board.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
Next.

2. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
Murray will need to put on a little more muscle weight, but this is the LB we need. Good coverage LB and will help with our run defense.

3. Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech
LB Problem fixed. Pratt, Murray and Brooks. Brooks is a great open field tackler and he will bring the fire that we need to our defense.

4. Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin
Tyler can play C, or LG/RG. Day 1 starter. Honestly, I'm surprised he was here.

5. Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
Fell due to such a deep WR class. Reliable target and can make opponents miss after the catch for YAC.

6. K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State
Doubling up on WR with the status of AJ Green in question. Plus he was BPA. KJ and Tyler will be great assets for Burrow and will push Ross to be better.

7. Jordan Fuller, S, Ohio State
Tackling machine and a future leader in the locker room. Some websites have him going in round 3. BPA and depth for the secondary.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
MOCK DRAFT MACHINE

Your Draft Results

SAVE AND EXIT
DETAILS
1 Team, 7 Round

TEAM NEEDS

My Picks
1.Joe Burrow,QB

33.C.J. Henderson, CB

65.J.K. Dobbins, RB

97.Van Jefferson, WR

129.Solomon Kindley, IOL

160.Jacob Phillips, LB

192.Chase Claypool, WR
Reply/Quote
ok here is my February using TDN predictive board:

1) Joe Burrow-QB LSU

2) Grant Delpit- S- LSU  instantly upgrades the secondary!!

3) Isaiah Wilson- RT- UGA  will push for starting job, at worst upgrades tackle depth!

4) Kenny Willikes- DE- Mich.St- adds rotational depth to an area of need

5) Tyler Johnson- WR- Minnesota - adds a solid wideout and upgrades the offense

6) Justin Strnad- LB- Wake Forest- another LB who excels in coverage.

7) Tyler Clark-DT- UGA- possible replacement for Geno, good motor
Reply/Quote
I did this TDN 7 round mock on the morning of the Superbowl, 02/02/2020

1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU

33 Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma

65 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn

97 Anfernee Jennings, EDGE Alabama

129 Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois

160 Isaiah Hodgins, WR Oregon State

192 Calvin Throckmorton, OT Oregon

Having been pushing Joe since last season, obviously he's my #1 pick. Then, with Patrick Queen's rapid rise to the 1st round on so many boards, Kenneth Murray was just sitting there for the taking at 33.

If I could have one pick back, it would likely be Wanogho, at the 65 slot. He's got the size and length, played on a strong team in a physical conference, but the knock on him is "lacking physicality and technique". This will be the pick to really test Turner's ability to develop a Tackle into the best he can be.

Also, with so many Edge defenders climbing up the boards in the past month, Anfernee Jennings was there at the top of the 4th? Gotta have him. He's been well coached at Bama, and their front 7 defenders usually live up to the hype. Took a chance on big, long bodied Saftey Jeremy Chinn. His football IQ is really high, reads QB's eyes and body language to rack up INTs and PDs, and is also known for making good sticks in run defense.

Went to the West Coast for long and fast Isaiah Hodgins. They say that he's got really strong hands and absorbs contact well, while in the air. And finally, Calvin Throckmorton. They've got him listed as a T, but let's face it, he's going to be a Guard in the NFL. He got some good reviews from the Senior Bowl, and I like him as a late round IOL prospect.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hey Guys
Make sure you label your draft site. Like "Fanspeack" or TDN.....
thanks
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Psychdoctor-February

I had to take Delpit. Took the Best QB and Safety in draft. I see 5 starters from this list. This would fix the OL if Bengals can move Glenn to LG and Kindley to RG. Still need another backer in FA like Littleton. Strowbridge is a beast!

TDN

1 Joe Burrow , QB LSU
33 Grant Delpit, S LSU
65 Ben Bartch , OT St. John
97 Solomon Kindley , IOL Georgia
129 Jason Strowbridge, IDL North Carolina
160 Jacob Phillips, LB LSU
192 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Any rules?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 06:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Any rules?

Only post one draft class from either of the above sites per month.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Psychdoctor-February

I had to take Delpit.  Took the Best QB and Safety in draft.  I see 5 starters from this list.  This would fix the OL if Bengals can move Glenn to LG and Kindley to RG.  Still need another backer in FA like Littleton.  Strowbridge is a beast!  

TDN

1 Joe Burrow , QB LSU
33 Grant Delpit, S LSU
65 Ben Bartch , OT St. John
97 Solomon Kindley , IOL Georgia
129 Jason Strowbridge, IDL North Carolina
160 Jacob Phillips, LB LSU
192 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

I noticed that they are now having Delpit available at the top of the 2nd now, in about half of the simulations I've run the past couple days.  I wonder if there has been some sort of news about him, that just hasn't been made public yet?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I noticed that they are now having Delpit available at the top of the 2nd now, in about half of the simulations I've run the past couple days.  I wonder if there has been some sort of news about him, that just hasn't been made public yet?

Delpit and even Andrew Thomas fell to 33 for me the last few times I ran it.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
My TDN Mock as of this morning based on their draft predictions go like this:

1. Joe Burrow
No Brainer

2. Andrew Thomas
He was there and I couldnt pass him up

3. Troy Dye
A LB with a high ceiling who can cover

4. Kyle Dugger
A small school S who could end up being a big time player. Leader type

5. Benito Jones
Geno's replacement. Very high motor.

6. Levonta Taylor
Smaller CB but his coverage skills are excellent. Worth a shot in the 6th

7. Calvin Throckmorton
A dude who showed he can play G at the Senior Bowl and our coaches seem to like him. He looked bad at LT tho. He's a G all day

Thar we have it. Id be happy with that one.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I noticed that they are now having Delpit available at the top of the 2nd now, in about half of the simulations I've run the past couple days.  I wonder if there has been some sort of news about him, that just hasn't been made public yet?

They have both McKinney and Delpit available in upper round 2.  If I were to guess, the drop is due to the devalued position at safety.  But Delpit would give Bengals a player that can roam like a hybrid backer/safety.  I would be thrilled with either of these two players if an edge player is not available.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 02:14 PM)Takedown Wrote: Delpit and even Andrew Thomas fell to 33 for me the last few times I ran it.

If Andrew Thomas is there at 33 Bengals must take him.  That would be unreal
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 04:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Andrew Thomas is there at 33 Bengals must take him.  That would be unreal

Yeah that really would be unreal. You just cant pass that guy up at the top if hes there at 33.

I've also had a few TDN mocks where Delpit, McKinney and also LB Patrick Queen were available. Any one of those guys would make me happy at 33, but Andrew Thomas is a monster and he'd be my top choice of all of those. He and Williams at the OT positions would be huge. That dude is a mauler.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 03:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They have both McKinney and Delpit available in upper round 2.  If I were to guess, the drop is due to the devalued position at safety.  But Delpit would give Bengals a player that can roam like a hybrid backer/safety.  I would be thrilled with either of these two players if an edge player is not available.  

I just took Delpit, in my latest mock.  I love a dominate Safety.  He could be that leader in the Secondary that we have been without, since Reggie Nelson was a Bengal.  That's high praise, but I feel that strongly about Delpit.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 04:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just took Delpit, in my latest mock.  I love a dominate Safety.  He could be that leader in the Secondary that we have been without, since Reggie Nelson was a Bengal.  That's high praise, but I feel that strongly about Delpit.

He is a huge safety that could be a Fulcher type.  I feel the change coming!  I believe!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote