Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 IR rules
Special rules for this season only will provide the teams a lot of flexibility.

COVID- If a player tests positive he will be placed on the Commissioners exempt list. He can return to the active roster when medically cleared. There will be a 1-week roster exemption if he was out for less than 4 weeks, 2 weeks if out for more than 4 weeks. Players will receive their full paychecks if affected by COVID

All other Injuries/illnesses (football or non-football)-A player can be placed on IR for a minimum of 3 weeks. Once the player returns to practice the team will have 3 weeks to return him to the active roster. There will be NO limit to the number of players placed on IR and returning. Goes into effect 4 PM Sep 6 so will not apply to players injured in training camp unless the player is on the final roster first.

I could see both sides really liking these rules. Can you imagine how it could change how a season is managed?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It’s how baseball operates, seems to work for them.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: Special rules for this season only will provide the teams a lot of flexibility.  

COVID-  If a player tests positive he will be placed on the Commissioners exempt list.  He can return to the active roster when medically cleared.  There will be a 1-week roster exemption if he was out for less than 4 weeks, 2 weeks if out for more than 4 weeks.  Players will receive their full paychecks if affected by COVID

All other Injuries/illnesses (football or non-football)-A player can be placed on IR for a minimum of 3 weeks.  Once the player returns to practice the team will have 3 weeks to return him to the active roster.  There will be NO limit to the number of players placed on IR and returning.  Goes into effect 4 PM Sep 6 so will not apply to players injured in training camp unless the player is on the final roster first.

I could see both sides really liking these rules. Can you imagine how it could change how a season is managed?

I like it, I think they thought this out well.

Football. PervertYes
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: Special rules for this season only will provide the teams a lot of flexibility.  

COVID-  If a player tests positive he will be placed on the Commissioners exempt list.  He can return to the active roster when medically cleared.  There will be a 1-week roster exemption if he was out for less than 4 weeks, 2 weeks if out for more than 4 weeks.  Players will receive their full paychecks if affected by COVID

All other Injuries/illnesses (football or non-football)-A player can be placed on IR for a minimum of 3 weeks.  Once the player returns to practice the team will have 3 weeks to return him to the active roster.  There will be NO limit to the number of players placed on IR and returning.  Goes into effect 4 PM Sep 6 so will not apply to players injured in training camp unless the player is on the final roster first.

Real life football is going to get interesting and how/if teams get impacted during a specific part of their schedule, i.e. a "easier" part of their scheduled becomes tougher because of a player(s) missing.

FF is going to be absolutely nuts with trying to scour waiver-wire, etc. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
They really need to expand the practice squad rosters for this season. They should expand it from the current 10 guys to like 25, just in case certain teams get hit harder than others.
Reply/Quote
The NFL's IR rules are the most 'stupiderist' in all of pro sports. It's nice for them to adjust it closer to normal.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 07:20 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The NFL's IR rules are the most 'stupiderist' in all of pro sports. It's nice for them to adjust it closer to normal.

At least in the last few years they have started allowing a very few players to retrun from IR.

Still stupid but not as crazy as it used to be.  Teams would get short on players when they had top players injured that would be able to retun later in the year.  

Football is the most damgerous sport on the planet.  Their IR rules are ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 07:03 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Real life football is going to get interesting and how/if teams get impacted during a specific part of their schedule, i.e. a "easier" part of their scheduled becomes tougher because of a player(s) missing.

FF is going to be absolutely nuts with trying to scour waiver-wire, etc. 

I'm skipping FF this year for this very reason.
I've been doing 1-4 leagues every year since 2006, so it might be enjoyable to take a year off actually.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 07:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They really need to expand the practice squad rosters for this season.  They should expand it from the current 10 guys to like 25, just in case certain teams get hit harder than others.

I will pretty much guarantee they will expand the practice squad.  Probably not to 25, but it will be bigger.
Reply/Quote

I can imagine that Ross can now be placed on IR multiple times during the year. Can't imagine that it will make any difference in his play though.

All kidding aside, it will allow teams to bring up practice squad players if a player is going to be down for just a few weeks. Could be good for player development and having a full active day roster.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 07:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  

Football is the most damgerous sport on the planet.  Their IR rules are ridiculous.

Made so by the coaches themselves. If certain teams hadn't started placing certain players on IR to hold them in reserve till playoff time, then they wouldn't have this stupid rule about how many can return.
Reply/Quote