Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 January Draft Challenge
Ok. We are doing something different this month. Use the Draft network site: https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine or Fanspeak https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php.

Make sure to use latest big board and use 7 rounds.

Please post only one draft from either site and members will vote by first week of following month. thanks!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used TDN's Big Board for this one...

1.Joe Burrow, QB

33.Tee Higgins, WR

65.Travis Etienne, RB

97.Jared Pinkney, TE

129.Shane Lemieux, IOL

160.Charles Snowden, LB

192.Chase Claypool, WR
Reply/Quote
TDN

Joe Burrow

, QB

Mekhi Becton

, OT

Zack Baun

, EDGE

Jordyn Brooks

, LB

Albert Okwuegbunam

, TE

Denzel Mims

, WR

Antonio Gandy-Golden

, WR
Reply/Quote
TDN the big board:

1) Joe Burrow- QB- LSU

2) Mechi Becton- OT - Louisville

3) Zach Baun- LB - Wisconsin

4) Denzel Mims- WR- Baylor

5) Antonio Gandy-Golden- WR - Liberty

6) Jacob Phillips- LB - LSU

7) Sadarius Henderson OG - South Carolina
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 05:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: I used TDN's Big Board for this one...

1.Joe Burrow, QB

33.Tee Higgins, WR

65.Travis Etienne, RB

97.Jared Pinkney, TE

129.Shane Lemieux, IOL

160.Charles Snowden, LB

192.Chase Claypool, WR

You addressed the worst linebacking group in the league in the 6th???? Yikes
Reply/Quote
The Draft Network

Joe Burrow QB LSU

Mekhi Becton OT Louisville

Solomon Kindley OG Georgia

Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech

Shaq Quarterman LB Miami

Isaiah Hodgins WR Oregon State

Davon Hamilton DT Ohio State
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 06:00 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: You addressed the worst linebacking group in the league in the 6th????  Yikes

It's not popular,.I know, but it's a bad LB class and there was just no value at all earlier.  Higgins is a 1st round talent and Etienne and Pinkney were insanely good values where I got them.
Reply/Quote
That was fun. Based on what was available, I didnt get a G but doubled down on OTs and LBs lol.

1 Joe Burrow QB LSU

33 Mekhi Becton OT Louisville

65 Trey Adams OT Washington

97 Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech

129 Joe Bachie Jr. LB Michigan State

160 Denzel Mims WR Baylor

192 Geno Stone S Iowa

The Draft Network
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 06:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's not popular,.I know, but it's a bad LB class and there was just no value at all earlier.  Higgins is a 1st round talent and Etienne and Pinkney were insanely good values where I got them.

Bad Linebacker class is a far cry from the truth. Is it stocked like wide receivers? no, but there is plenty of talent in this draft at linebacker. And if we don’t address it we will be looking at another year of getting shlacked on the ground time and time against week to week. We bring AJ green back and we are looking at green Boyd Ross Tate which are four good wide receivers but I still think the position needs to be addressed but he’ll not in the second round and that’s again to my
Point that it is an incredibly deep draft for wide receivers. I understand higgins is a beast but at some point we need to address the team needs instead of going goo goo gaga over guys that fall to us. And running backs that are productive can be had anywhere at anytime.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 08:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bad Linebacker class is a far cry from the truth.  Is it stocked like wide receivers? no, but there is plenty of talent in this draft at linebacker.  And if we don’t address it we will be looking at another year of getting shlacked on the ground time and time against week to week.  We bring AJ green back and we are looking at green Boyd Ross Tate which are four good wide receivers but I still think the position needs to be addressed but he’ll not in the second round and that’s again to my
Point that it is an incredibly deep draft for wide receivers.  I understand higgins is a beast but at some point we need to address the team needs instead of going goo goo gaga over guys that fall to us.  And running backs that are productive can be had anywhere at anytime.

What LB would you take at 33 over Higgins?  Murray was gone by then.  There's nobody else worth taking there.  I like Moses, but he returned to school.

Even if we bring back AJ, he, Ross, and Tate are all injury prone.  Ross will be in a contract year unless you pick up his 5th year option and AJ will likely be on the FT if he's back.  Overpaying injury prone WR's isn't a great way to rebuild.

Etienne is getting a lot of 1st round grades and fits the Saquon Barkley/Christian McCaffrey mold of a true dual threat.  What LB would you take there instead?  Pratt was a guy I liked last year, and it took him over half the season to even be decent.  Vigil has had a long development curve and is decent, at best.  You're not likely to get a plug and play starter at LB in 3, especially in this class.

This LB class has a lot of 2 down thumpers and guys with good measurables that aren't good football players yet.  The 3 down guys that can play the run and actually cover somebody are few and far between.

Thing is, it's not like this was a playoff team last year that didn't advance because our LB's suck.  We were 2-14.  This team has holes all throughout it's roster and you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that is a true superstar talent that is going to be a cornerstone to build around for the future.  We need to get guys to build around regardless of their position and we can't fill all the holes in one draft.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 05:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: I used TDN's Big Board for this one...

1.Joe Burrow, QB

33.Tee Higgins, WR

65.Travis Etienne, RB

97.Jared Pinkney, TE

129.Shane Lemieux, IOL

160.Charles Snowden, LB

192.Chase Claypool, WR

Out of curiosity to anyone who follows college more than me, is this realistic for Claypool? He's the nephew of a guy at my work, and he seems to think he's a late first round pick, I just took his word for it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 01:54 AM)Whatever Wrote: What LB would you take at 33 over Higgins?  Murray was gone by then.  There's nobody else worth taking there.  I like Moses, but he returned to school.

Even if we bring back AJ, he, Ross, and Tate are all injury prone.  Ross will be in a contract year unless you pick up his 5th year option and AJ will likely be on the FT if he's back.  Overpaying injury prone WR's isn't a great way to rebuild.

Etienne is getting a lot of 1st round grades and fits the Saquon Barkley/Christian McCaffrey mold of a true dual threat.  What LB would you take there instead?  Pratt was a guy I liked last year, and it took him over half the season to even be decent.  Vigil has had a long development curve and is decent, at best.  You're not likely to get a plug and play starter at LB in 3, especially in this class.

This LB class has a lot of 2 down thumpers and guys with good measurables that aren't good football players yet.  The 3 down guys that can play the run and actually cover somebody are few and far between.

Thing is, it's not like this was a playoff team last year that didn't advance because our LB's suck.  We were 2-14.  This team has holes all throughout it's roster and you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that is a true superstar talent that is going to be a cornerstone to build around for the future.  We need to get guys to build around regardless of their position and we can't fill all the holes in one draft.  

I wouldn’t take a linebacker at 33 (see mock above) I’d take the best available offensive lineman to protect the future franchise qb we just drafted lol. With how deep the wr class is this year which has been said to be the deepest in the last 20 years it’s completely unnecessary to grab one in round 2 and most importantly before u address probably our biggest and most important need, offensive lineman. Don’t forget we have the worst offensive line in the league and we just drafted our new prize qb gotta invest in protecting him.

Also I like our wide receivers but I do agree the position needs to be addressed in the draft but hell u can get round 2 talent on day 3 with how stockpiled this draft is at the position. Guys like Pittman JR hodgins Collins etc.

Etienne is being compared to gio Bernard and I’m sorry I wouldn’t take gio in the second nor the third if I had to do it all over again. If this guy was Barkley or mccaffrey he would go top 10. But he isn’t. He’s a fast change of pace back and with Bernard being resigned last year he’s not going anywhere. I’d take Jacob Phillips a three down linebacker over etienne in a heart beat along with jordyn brooks Troy dye (all three down linebackers with mid grade projections) to address this horrible defense. Yes it took Pratt a while to come along but I also think it took our coaching staff too long to realize we need to get Preston brown the hell out of there and get Pratt reps. As soon as that happened Pratt improves week to week. There were many issues on why we went 2-14. And I promise u getting gashed on the ground by damn near every team had a lot to do with it. Linebacker must be addressed. Vigil is a back up at best and on this team he is our best linebacker right now which makes my stomach curl. That’s pathetic if you wanna be competitive.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 09:54 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I wouldn’t take a linebacker at 33 (see mock above) I’d take the best available offensive lineman to protect the future franchise qb we just drafted lol.  With how deep the wr class is this year which has been said to be the deepest in the last 20 years it’s completely unnecessary to grab one in round 2 and most importantly before u address probably our biggest and most important need, offensive lineman.  Don’t forget we have the worst offensive line in the league and we just drafted our new prize qb gotta invest in protecting him.

Also I like our wide receivers but I do agree the position needs to be addressed in the draft but hell u can get round 2 talent on day 3 with how stockpiled this draft is at the position.  Guys like Pittman JR hodgins Collins etc.

Etienne is being compared to gio Bernard and I’m sorry I wouldn’t take gio in the second nor the third if I had to do it all over again.  If this guy was Barkley or mccaffrey he would go top 10.  But he isn’t.  He’s a fast change of pace back and with Bernard being resigned last year he’s not going anywhere.  I’d take Jacob Phillips a three down linebacker over etienne in a heart beat along with jordyn brooks Troy dye (all three down linebackers with mid grade projections) to address this horrible defense.  Yes it took Pratt a while to come along but I also think it took our coaching staff too long to realize we need to get Preston brown the hell out of there and get Pratt reps.  As soon as that happened Pratt improves week to week.  There were many issues on why we went 2-14.  And I promise u getting gashed on the ground by damn near every team had a lot to do with it.  Linebacker must be addressed.  Vigil is a back up at best and on this team he is our best linebacker right now which makes my stomach curl.  That’s pathetic if you wanna be competitive.

The only OL that was a good value at 33 was Biadsz, but he is not good at pulling and therefore not a scheme fit since we've gone to a pin and pull run scheme.  I'm not taking an OL that isn't an ideal scheme fit at 33.

Our WR's suck.  Boyd is a #2 trying to be a #1.  Ross has talent but can't stay healthy and has mental lapses.  Tate isn't a top 3 WR on a good team and also can't stay healthy.  AJ could be gone and can't be counted on if he returns.  

I routinely see Phillips, Dye, and Brooks being rated as day 3 prospects.  Dye has started to climb recently, but he needs a year in an NFL weight room desperately.  Brooks is 6'1" and there are not many successful 6'1" LB's in the NFL. Phillips should be decent, but nothing special.

Who is comparing Etienne to Gio?  Gio's frame was basically maxed out when he entered the league and he isn't close to the home run threat Etienne is.  Etienne still has room to fill out and is expected to run in the 4.2-4.3 range.  Gio ran 4.53.  They aren't even close.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 03:19 AM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: Out of curiosity to anyone who follows college more than me, is this realistic for Claypool? He's the nephew of a guy at my work, and he seems to think he's a late first round pick, I just took his word for it.

The issue most have with him is he probably won't run great, add in a super deep class and a 1st round expectation probably is out of the question. If he can surprise people at the combine with his 40 like Boykin did last year I think he is probably a day 2 pick, but in this class if his 40 time comes in worse than expected he could fall into day 3. 
Reply/Quote
TDN Mock

1. Joe Burrow QB LSU

33. Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin

65. Troy Dye LB Oregon

97. Trey Adams OT Washington

129. Jordan Fuller S Ohio State

160. Denzel Mims WR Baylor

192. Lavert Hill CB Michigan
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 03:19 AM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: Out of curiosity to anyone who follows college more than me, is this realistic for Claypool? He's the nephew of a guy at my work, and he seems to think he's a late first round pick, I just took his word for it.

He is rated a 2nd-4th round pick from what I have seen. If he has a bad combine, he could slip but I doubt he goes in the 7th. These sites are very off on some of their projections.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 12:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: The issue most have with him is he probably won't run great, add in a super deep class and a 1st round expectation probably is out of the question. If he can surprise people at the combine with his 40 like Boykin did last year I think he is probably a day 2 pick, but in this class if his 40 time comes in worse than expected he could fall into day 3. 

Sadly, anybody who doesn't check all the boxes with size, speed, medical, and character is going to sink in this WR class just because there are so many guys that do. I feel bad for any WR that doesn't run well in the underwear Olympics. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 01:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He is rated a 2nd-4th round pick from what I have seen. If he has a bad combine, he could slip but I doubt he goes in the 7th. These sites are very off on some of their projections.

I've seen him ranked anywhere from the 12th to 25th best WR in this class.

Keep in mind that aside from a few elite prospects at the top, there are a bunch tightly bunched prospects from the 2nd on. Every site and every team's board will vary wildly based on what criteria they emphasize.  I guarantee you there will be WR's that fall to day 3 that we'll be cussing and screaming at our TV's for the Bengals passing on.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 01:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He is rated a 2nd-4th round pick from what I have seen. If he has a bad combine, he could slip but I doubt he goes in the 7th. These sites are very off on some of their projections.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I had my doubts about the first round, but was surprised to see him in the seventh in that mock.
Reply/Quote
1. Joe Burrow - QB - LSU

Easy pick. No need to explain this one

33. Mekhi Becton - OT - Louisville

At 6'7 369, Becton is a high ceiling LT prospect that is powerful and surprisingly agile. Would allow Jonah Williams to move to right tackle.

65. Troy Dye - LB - Oregon

outside linebacker that would fit nicely next to Pratt for the next 3-4 years. Needs to add strength, but great in space.

97. Khalid Kareem - EDGE - Notre Dame

You can never have enough pass rushers. Dunlap is getting old, Lawson is productive when healthy and Hubbard is incredibly solid. Kareem is a well rounded end that can help immediately.

129. Michael Pittman Jr. - WR - USC

At 6'4 220 solid route runner that bullies man coverage. Great after the catch. One of the my favorite mid-round wr prospects.

160. Bryan Edwards - WR - South Carolina

Just like I did, I'm hoping the Bengals double dip in this WR class. 6'3 215 high ceiling player that hasn't reached his potential, I'd love to take a shot on him. Great explosiveness and solid long speed.

192. Antoine Brooks Jr. - S - Maryland

Hybrid/nickel player that can be a chess piece for a defense. In two seasons he has 19 tackles for loss.
Reply/Quote