Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 January Draft Challenge
1 - Joe Burrow - QB. Not much else to be said here. The Bengals get their signal caller.

2 - Mekhi Becton - OT. Gargantuan, powerful tackle that can play both LT and RT. Listed at 6'7, 369, he is a surprisingly fluid athlete and doesn't only rely on power to get him by. He does possess power by the bucket loads, though, and has a serious punch when he engages in the run game. He also possesses the length and athleticism to pass block. I would love having this guy here.

3 - Solomon Kindley - G. Double dipping on the offensive line. Kindley in this mock slipped to the third round and I couldn't pass it up. Get Burrow all of the protection he needs and let Mixon feast. The offensive line would potentially be set for years to come.

4 - Jordyn Brooks - LB. Downhill linebacker who plays physical against the run. Needs to work on his coverage skills and disengaging from blocks better but has all of the tools necessary to be a productive player in the NFL. Prospects as a MLB. Had 108 tackles, three sacks and forced fumble this season.

5 - Isaiah Hodgins - WR. Big, physical WR who excels in the redzone. Strong hands, good routes but not a burner or overly quick. Stands at 6'4, 210 pounds. Had 1100 yards and 13 TDs this season.

6 - Chase Lucas - CB. Productive corner for the Sun Devils. Three year starter, plenty of tape and all solid tape. A little on the smaller side at 175 but could add mass. Good at tracking the ball and has good length and short area quickness to stay with receivers.

7 - Kamal Martin - LB - Late round LB, likely PS. Thumper, super physical LBer who has athletic limitations when it comes to coverage ability. Solid run defender, but that is where his value lies.
Reply/Quote
Fanspeak

1: R1P1
QB JOE BURROW
LSU
33: R2P1
OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE
65: R3P1
LB KENNETH MURRAY
OKLAHOMA
104: R4P1
G BEN BREDESON
MICHIGAN
147: R5P1
WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR
180: R6P1
LB JUSTIN STRNAD
WAKE FOREST
215: R7P1
S JEREMY CHINN
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 11:41 AM)Whatever Wrote: The only OL that was a good value at 33 was Biadsz, but he is not good at pulling and therefore not a scheme fit since we've gone to a pin and pull run scheme.  I'm not taking an OL that isn't an ideal scheme fit at 33.

Our WR's suck.  Boyd is a #2 trying to be a #1.  Ross has talent but can't stay healthy and has mental lapses.  Tate isn't a top 3 WR on a good team and also can't stay healthy.  AJ could be gone and can't be counted on if he returns.  

I routinely see Phillips, Dye, and Brooks being rated as day 3 prospects.  Dye has started to climb recently, but he needs a year in an NFL weight room desperately.  Brooks is 6'1" and there are not many successful 6'1" LB's in the NFL. Phillips should be decent, but nothing special.

Who is comparing Etienne to Gio?  Gio's frame was basically maxed out when he entered the league and he isn't close to the home run threat Etienne is.  Etienne still has room to fill out and is expected to run in the 4.2-4.3 range.  Gio ran 4.53.  They aren't even close.

Trey Adams Mekhi becton Austin Jackson josh jones are all tackles I would take allllllll day over biadaz and higgins at 33. Interior offensive line is not our big need on the oline we need a tackle. Good guards can be had later and in FA.

Our wide receivers do not suck. Boyd is one of the best number twos in the game. Tate is a baller but no not a number 1. Ross if stay healthy will be a stud I again think we need to address wr whether we bring Aj back or not but AGAIN they are studs at wide receiver that goooo way deep in this draft for example hodgins from Oregon state that allow u to not have to go wr as early as the second round. Running back and wr are nowhere near our biggest need.....at all. This offensive line and linebacking group desperately needs to be fixed first and foremost and this the draft to do it. Also all those linebackers I mentioned will not make it to the third day. I bet Phillips and dye probably done even make it to round 3. These are good backers who will be good players in the nfl. Your wrong on those guys and my draft crush is Phillips and I’m not even an LSU fan. The guy reminds me of darious Leonard. Walter football has etienne compared to Bernard. But we don’t need a running back at all in this draft. Wasted picks are not how we should approach this draft. We need to attack needs. Or this team will stay the dumpster fire it is but people will say but hey we got shinny toys lol and still do nothing.
Reply/Quote
In case anyone wonders why I haven't participated in these since November, it's primarily because my mocks really haven't changed since the one I did in November other than changing from Tua to Joe Burrow. The players I had targeted in November show up in the same rounds now, so I figured it'd be redundant to keep posting the same thing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 01:30 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Trey Adams Mekhi becton Austin Jackson josh jones are all tackles I would take allllllll day over biadaz and higgins at 33.  Interior offensive line is not our big need on the oline we need a tackle.  Good guards can be had later and in FA.  

Our wide receivers do not suck.  Boyd is one of the best number twos in the game.  Tate is a baller but no not a number 1.  Ross if stay healthy will be a stud I again think we need to address wr whether we bring Aj back or not but AGAIN they are studs at wide receiver that goooo way deep in this draft for example hodgins from Oregon state that allow u to not have to go wr as early as the second round.  Running back and wr are nowhere near our biggest need.....at all.  This offensive line and linebacking group desperately needs to be fixed first and foremost and this the draft to do it.  Also all those linebackers I mentioned will not make it to the third day.  I bet Phillips and dye probably done even make it to round 3.  These are good backers who will be good players in the nfl.  Your wrong on those guys and my draft crush is Phillips and I’m not even an LSU fan.  The guy reminds me of darious Leonard.  Walter football has etienne compared to Bernard.  But we don’t need a running back at all in this draft.  Wasted picks are not how we should approach this draft.  We need to attack needs.  Or this team will stay the dumpster fire it is but people will say but hey we got shinny toys lol and still do nothing.

I agree. It's easier to find a quality IOL after Rd 2 than it is an OT.

As you said, the WRs aren't in dire straights, but they would be gambling on Ross's health (and AJ's if he's re-signed). As you said, the team is lacking a true WR1 when AJ isn't on the field and playing at the level we expect him to. But plenty of teams have been succeeding into the playoffs without having a WR drafted in the Top 35, so getting one that early may not be a need.

So I'm with you in that I'd lean toward OT at 33 if a good one I liked is there. I'd look to take WR, LB, and/or IOL after that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 01:30 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Trey Adams Mekhi becton Austin Jackson josh jones are all tackles I would take allllllll day over biadaz and higgins at 33.  Interior offensive line is not our big need on the oline we need a tackle.  Good guards can be had later and in FA.  

Our wide receivers do not suck.  Boyd is one of the best number twos in the game.  Tate is a baller but no not a number 1.  Ross if stay healthy will be a stud I again think we need to address wr whether we bring Aj back or not but AGAIN they are studs at wide receiver that goooo way deep in this draft for example hodgins from Oregon state that allow u to not have to go wr as early as the second round.  Running back and wr are nowhere near our biggest need.....at all.  This offensive line and linebacking group desperately needs to be fixed first and foremost and this the draft to do it.  Also all those linebackers I mentioned will not make it to the third day.  I bet Phillips and dye probably done even make it to round 3.  These are good backers who will be good players in the nfl.  Your wrong on those guys and my draft crush is Phillips and I’m not even an LSU fan.  The guy reminds me of darious Leonard.  Walter football has etienne compared to Bernard.  But we don’t need a running back at all in this draft.  Wasted picks are not how we should approach this draft.  We need to attack needs.  Or this team will stay the dumpster fire it is but people will say but hey we got shinny toys lol and still do nothing.

I wouldn't gamble on Trey Adam's until Day 3 due to his injury history. Jones has a ton of upside, but he's a massive project with tons of technique issues and not a plug and play starter.  I wouldn't have an issue with Becton or Jackson at 33, but I don't think they'll be there when it's all said and done.

Andy Dalton was Top 5 in the league in % of passes thrown to receivers with a defender within 1 yard of them.  That's because our WR's can't seperate and our WR'S can't seperate because our WR's suck.  Most of them are also injury prone and there isn't a #1 or potential #1 among them.  I mean, Damion Willis was an opening day starter for crying out loud.

Furthermore, you're panning a value pick in Higgins due to a deep WR class, but advocating reaching for the best T available when it's also deep T class.

If you don't think Phillips and Dye will make it to 3, then why are you complaining that I took Etienne instead of them in my mock,?  You may as well complain that I didn't take Isaaih Simmons at 33.  

It just seems to me that you have your perceived needs and won't be happy if they aren't filled by a certain round, which is your perogative, but it's not how I entered this sim.  I'm not going to sit there like a robot a go "Burrow #1, best available T in 2, best available LB in 3...".
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 06:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: I wouldn't gamble on Trey Adam's until Day 3 due to his injury history. Jones has a ton of upside, but he's a massive project with tons of technique issues and not a plug and play starter.  I wouldn't have an issue with Becton or Jackson at 33, but I don't think they'll be there when it's all said and done.

Andy Dalton was Top 5 in the league in % of passes thrown to receivers with a defender within 1 yard of them.  That's because our WR's can't seperate and our WR'S can't seperate because our WR's suck.  Most of them are also injury prone and there isn't a #1 or potential #1 among them.  I mean, Damion Willis was an opening day starter for crying out loud.

Furthermore, you're panning a value pick in Higgins due to a deep WR class, but advocating reaching for the best T available when it's also deep T class.

If you don't think Phillips and Dye will make it to 3, then why are you complaining that I took Etienne instead of them in my mock,?  You may as well complain that I didn't take Isaaih Simmons at 33.  

It just seems to me that you have your perceived needs and won't be happy if they aren't filled by a certain round, which is your perogative, but it's not how I entered this sim.  I'm not going to sit there like a robot a go "Burrow #1, best available T in 2, best available LB in 3...".

I’d be fine if u took Isaiah Simmons at 33 if he made it there...why?? Cuz that’s a massive need. Running back is not a need at all and higgins although an eventual need does not come
Before drafting a top tackle for this offensive line. It’s not a reach for a tackle. That’s where these tackles are projected to go. Late first early second round. I’d agree on try Adams but the other three are perfect at 33. Josh jones is no longer a project as that was scouting prior to going into this season and he played outstanding all year long. My point on the linebackers maybe not being there in round three are to the fact that they are good players. I do think one of them will be there in three and it’s a massive need. This team has suffered before when drafting small and fast instead of big and strong. We are a soft football team in a stout division. It’s time we get big and physical while Also not ignoring glaring needs instead of investing high picks on shiny toys that don’t solve our immediate problems. Gio Bernard was not worth the pick John Ross was not worth the pick. This is a big mans game let’s go big and also address needs please. There are going to be good offensive lineman available at 33 like there were last year and good linebackers available in round 3 and 4. We need attack those holes before we go Gaga over someone unnecessary such as etienne. I do think wr is a need but I’ll take hodgins in the 4th or 5th all day over higgins in the 2nd from just a purely need and value standpoint. Hodgins has the makings of being a number 1 just like higgins but can be had in the 4th or fifth. Much rather attack tackle and linebacker and still get hodgins than grab higgins and pray we can grab a good tackle and linebacker later. Completely unnecessary.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 11:59 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’d be fine if u took Isaiah Simmons at 33 if he made it there...why?? Cuz that’s a massive need.  Running back is not a need at all and higgins although an eventual need does not come
Before drafting a top tackle for this offensive line.  It’s not a reach for a tackle.  That’s where these tackles are projected to go.  Late first early second round.  I’d agree on try Adams but the other three are perfect at 33.  Josh jones is no longer a project as that was scouting prior to going into this season and he played outstanding all year long.  My point on the linebackers maybe not being there in round three are to the fact that they are good players.  I do think one of them will be there in three and it’s a massive need.  This team has suffered before when drafting small and fast instead of big and strong.  We are a soft football team in a stout division.  It’s time we get big and physical while Also not ignoring glaring needs instead of investing high picks on shiny toys that don’t solve our immediate problems.  Gio Bernard was not worth the pick John Ross was not worth the pick.  This is a big mans game let’s go big and also address needs please.  There are going to be good offensive lineman available at 33 like there were last year and good linebackers available in round 3 and 4.  We need attack those holes before we go Gaga over someone unnecessary such as etienne.  I do think wr is a need but I’ll take hodgins in the 4th or 5th all day over higgins in the 2nd from just a purely need and value standpoint.  Hodgins has the makings of being a number 1 just like higgins but can be had in the 4th or fifth.  Much rather attack tackle and linebacker and still get hodgins than grab higgins and pray we can grab a good tackle and linebacker later.  Completely unnecessary.

Food for thought, Bobby Hart had a 57 PFF grade this year.  The next 4 OT's off the board after Jonah Williams had an average PFF grade of 58 with a high mark of 63 and a low of 52.  The chances of getting a 2nd round T that can step in and be a quality, let alone good, starter as a rookie are very poor.  You said there were good OL available at 33 last year? Well, that's how good they actually were.

Gio has had a good career, so I definitely don't agree that he wasn't worth the pick.  Ross has been a bust so far, but you were just pimping him for a breakout year a minute ago.

How many 3rds and 4ths have we dumped into LB's the past several years?  Pratt, Jefferson, Vigil, Dawson, Muckleroy.  Seriously, there are not 3 LB's in this class with a 3rd round grade that are going to be quality starters as rookies.  

I like Hodgins, but if anybody thinks he has legit #1 potential as a prospect, he isn't making it to round 4-5. Aside from the elite prospects at the top, WR boards will be all over the place depending on what criteria teams emphasize.  You can't pass on a #1 WR because you're convinced there's one guy you can get on Day 3 that will be a #1 WR and everyone else is totally incompetent, doesn't see it, and won't take him before you do.  If you think Hodgins is a #1, if he's still there in the 3rd you run the pick to the pod and don't look back.

You seem to think that you can just draft for need in priority order and you're going to get 4 opening day starters that are actually going to be good.  That's just not in any way realistic.  
Reply/Quote
1. Joe Burrow QB LSU

33 C.J. Henderson CB Florida

65 Trey Adams OT Washington

97 Anfernee Jennings EDGE Alabama

129 Justin Strnad LB Wake Forest

160 Michael Onwenu IOL Michigan

192 Kalija Lipscomb WR Vanderbilt

(draftnetwork)
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 01:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: Food for thought, Bobby Hart had a 57 PFF grade this year.  The next 4 OT's off the board after Jonah Williams had an average PFF grade of 58 with a high mark of 63 and a low of 52.  The chances of getting a 2nd round T that can step in and be a quality, let alone good, starter as a rookie are very poor.  You said there were good OL available at 33 last year? Well, that's how good they actually were.

Gio has had a good career, so I definitely don't agree that he wasn't worth the pick.  Ross has been a bust so far, but you were just pimping him for a breakout year a minute ago.

How many 3rds and 4ths have we dumped into LB's the past several years?  Pratt, Jefferson, Vigil, Dawson, Muckleroy.  Seriously, there are not 3 LB's in this class with a 3rd round grade that are going to be quality starters as rookies.  

I like Hodgins, but if anybody thinks he has legit #1 potential as a prospect, he isn't making it to round 4-5. Aside from the elite prospects at the top, WR boards will be all over the place depending on what criteria teams emphasize.  You can't pass on a #1 WR because you're convinced there's one guy you can get on Day 3 that will be a #1 WR and everyone else is totally incompetent, doesn't see it, and won't take him before you do.  If you think Hodgins is a #1, if he's still there in the 3rd you run the pick to the pod and don't look back.

You seem to think that you can just draft for need in priority order and you're going to get 4 opening day starters that are actually going to be good.  That's just not in any way realistic.  

K ross if he stay healthy can be a stud but he can’t stay healthy up to this point so as of now he’s a bust and not worth the pick. i never liked gio in college and although he’s tough as nails he’s never been worth the second round draft selection. He’s a complementary back and even when we drafted him we still needed a running back. Hated that pick. He’s been ok but not worth a second round pick imo. I also think u can find starting linebacker talent in the 3rd and 4th round I just think the bengals are horrible at evaluating talent. Higgins is a beast but I’m taking a beast of an offensive tackle this year over a beast wr in the second round. Also most importantly higgins ain’t making it out the first round. Etienne is a great player but this is not a year to get caught up in only going bpa only for each pick especially for a position that is nowhere a need. I mean we just overpaid on an extension for gio the guy u like so much. We need MUST address the glaring needs on this team before anything and it’s time we go back to investing in the trenches especially when we are also bring in our new franchise QBs. It’s all about ur front 7 on defense and your offensive line. And that’s where we are hurting. We need to bring back Aj green. Scoring points wasn’t why we lost 14 games it’s cuz we couldn’t stop the run and our offensive line couldn’t protect the QB. That needs to be addressed first and foremost. This team won’t do it FA so we need to do it ASAP in the draft. Without higgins it’s not like Burrow won’t have toys to play with. U bring Eifert and Aj back with a healthy John Ross and one of the best number 2 wideouts in Boyd along with arguably the best back in the league with all of sudden a stout offensive line and we are on to something. Then go get hodgins in the 4th and we are looking damn good. That’s my opinion. We will see how it plays out.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 01:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: Food for thought, Bobby Hart had a 57 PFF grade this year.  The next 4 OT's off the board after Jonah Williams had an average PFF grade of 58 with a high mark of 63 and a low of 52.  The chances of getting a 2nd round T that can step in and be a quality, let alone good, starter as a rookie are very poor.  You said there were good OL available at 33 last year? Well, that's how good they actually were.

I agree it's still early to be slotting players. You put round grades on guys then adjust through the process.

Example Josh Jones who I am a fan of but right now he is a 3rd round pick because of competition if he goes to the Senior Bowl and has an excellent week he can climb all the way into the first but most likely top 2nd...if he has a bad week he could fall to the 4th.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
QB JOE BURROW
LSU

CB C.J. HENDERSON
FLORIDA

LB TROY DYE
OREGON

WR K.J. HILL
OHIO STATE

G BEN CLEVELAND
GEORGIA

EDGE JORDAN SMITH
UAB

OT MATT PEART
UCONN
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 03:51 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: K ross if he stay healthy can be a stud but he can’t stay healthy up to this point so as of now he’s a bust and not worth the pick.  i never liked gio in college and although he’s tough as nails he’s never been worth the second round draft selection.  He’s a complementary back and even when we drafted him we still needed a running back.  Hated that pick.  He’s been ok but not worth a second round pick imo.  I also think u can find starting linebacker talent in the 3rd and 4th round I just think the bengals are horrible at evaluating talent.  Higgins is a beast but I’m taking a beast of an offensive tackle this year over a beast wr in the second round.  Also most importantly higgins ain’t making it out the first round.  Etienne is a great player but this is not a year to get caught up in only going bpa only for each pick especially for a position that is nowhere a need. I mean we just overpaid on an extension for gio the guy u like so much.  We need MUST address the glaring needs on this team before anything and it’s time we go back to investing in the trenches especially when we are also bring in our new franchise QBs. It’s all about ur front 7 on defense and your offensive line.  And that’s where we are hurting.  We need to bring back Aj green.  Scoring points wasn’t why we lost 14 games it’s cuz we couldn’t stop the run and our offensive line couldn’t protect the QB.  That needs to be addressed first and foremost.  This team won’t do it FA so we need to do it ASAP in the draft.  Without higgins it’s not like Burrow won’t have toys to play with.  U bring Eifert and Aj back with a healthy John Ross and one of the best number 2 wideouts in Boyd along with arguably the best back in the league with all of sudden a stout offensive line and we are on to something.  Then go get hodgins in the 4th and we are looking damn good.  That’s my opinion.  We will see how it plays out.

If Gio is a complementary RB, then he can't handle the load if Mixon goes down or has a contract holdout that goes into the regular season, which is typical with top RB:s.  Ergo, a good RB is a need.  A good run game is a young QB's best friend and it's not like Etienne isn't insanely good value in 3.

I've already pointed out how you're not likely to get the immediate return you think you will with a 2nd round T.  I'll also point out that Fred Johnson graded out better as a T last year than Andre Dillard, Tytus Howard, and Cody Ford.  We likely already have our RT of the future.

Devin White had a 52 PFF grade and Devin Bush had a 62 grade. That's what happens when you chase LB's based on need in a bad class.

Sounds great. Let's re-up a bunch of declining injury prone players who the window has already closed on and pray to God they can actually stay healthy for once.  Great plan. 
Reply/Quote
Psychdoctor-January

TDN Draft Board

Joe Burrow , QB
LSU

Grant Delpit, S
LSU

Prince Tega Wanogho, OT
Auburn

Jacob Phillips, LB
LSU

Jordyn Brooks, LB
Texas Tech

Chase Claypool, WR
Notre Dame

Matt Hennessy, IOL
Temple

I couldn't pass on Delpit. I really like Hennessy to play guard for the Bengals.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
This was on Fanspeak

QB JOE BURROW
LSU
OT TREY ADAMS
WASHINGTON
LB TROY DYE
OREGON
G SHANE LEMIEUX
OREGON
S KYLE DUGGER
LENOIR-RHYNE
OT YASIR DURANT
MISSOURI
LB KRYS BARNES
UCLA
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 02:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Psychdoctor-January

TDN Draft Board

Joe Burrow , QB
LSU

Grant Delpit, S
LSU

Prince Tega Wanogho, OT
Auburn

Jacob Phillips, LB
LSU

Jordyn Brooks, LB
Texas Tech

Chase Claypool, WR
Notre Dame

Matt Hennessy, IOL
Temple

I couldn't pass on Delpit. I really like Hennessy to play guard for the Bengals.
Dude. Niiiiiiice.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 06:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: If Gio is a complementary RB, then he can't handle the load if Mixon goes down or has a contract holdout that goes into the regular season, which is typical with top RB:s.  Ergo, a good RB is a need.  A good run game is a young QB's best friend and it's not like Etienne isn't insanely good value in 3.

I've already pointed out how you're not likely to get the immediate return you think you will with a 2nd round T.  I'll also point out that Fred Johnson graded out better as a T last year than Andre Dillard, Tytus Howard, and Cody Ford.  We likely already have our RT of the future.

Devin White had a 52 PFF grade and Devin Bush had a 62 grade. That's what happens when you chase LB's based on need in a bad class.

Sounds great. Let's re-up a bunch of declining injury prone players who the window has already closed on and pray to God they can actually stay healthy for once.  Great plan. 

Yes but ur mock doesn’t have us addressing our linebacker problem until the 6th which is vomit material. So based on ur plan ur ok with us getting gashed yet again on the ground each week for 16 weeks. Great plan pimp. And ur comparing rookies to a vet at the tackle
Position. How do u know that the ceiling hasnt been reached in Johnson while Howard ford and Dillard have a much higher ceiling and end up being much better players? It’s no mystery why the steelers just let him walk. It wasn’t cuz he was a good starting right tackle in the league. We are building for the future. We need to address the oline first and formost after we snag Burrow. And I kinda actual agree on ur point that maybe we do need to address the running back situation at some point but Not in the 3rd and not at the expense of a good linebacker hell no.
In a perfect world for me Our draft should go
Joe Burrow QB
Austin Jackson OT
Solomon Kindley OG
Jacob Phillips LB

After that go get ur running back or wide receiver for all I care but imo we have to attack those positions first and the draft is set up this year to do that at least as of now. If we go wideout in 2 and running back in 3 we’re now waiting til the 4th and 5th rounds to even consider a offensive lineman or a linebacker and on this team with this roster with where we suffered all year long thats not a productive approach at all imo. Like I said last post we we will see how it plays out.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 12:09 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yes but ur mock doesn’t have us addressing our linebacker problem until the 6th which is vomit  material.  So based on ur plan ur ok with us getting gashed yet again on the ground each week for 16 weeks.  Great plan pimp.  And ur comparing rookies to a vet at the tackle
Position.  How do u know that the ceiling hasnt been reached in Johnson while Howard ford and Dillard have a much higher ceiling and end up being much better players?  It’s no mystery why the steelers just let him walk.  It wasn’t cuz he was a good starting right tackle in the league.  We are building for the future.  We need to address the oline first and formost after we snag Burrow.  And I kinda actual agree on ur point that maybe we do need to address the running back situation at some point but Not in the 3rd and not at the expense of a good linebacker hell no.  
In a perfect world for me Our draft should go
Joe Burrow QB
Austin Jackson OT
Solomon Kindley OG
Jacob Phillips LB

After that go get ur running back or wide receiver for all I care but imo we have to attack those positions first and the draft is set up this year to do that at least as of now.  If we go wideout in 2 and running back in 3 we’re now waiting til the 4th and 5th rounds to even consider a offensive lineman or a linebacker and on this team with this roster with where we suffered all year long thats not a productive approach at all imo.  Like I said last post we we will see how it plays out.
I think Austin Jackson will need a year to develop into the pro-bowl RT he will become.  I like Kindley at LG and of course Burrow and Phillips.  That would be an outstanding first 4 picks.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 06:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Austin Jackson will need a year to develop into the pro-bowl RT he will become.  I like Kindley at LG and of course Burrow and Phillips.  That would be an outstanding first 4 picks.  

Has Jackson declared yet? I still can't get AJ Espensa working him over badly in that Bowl game out of my head lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 06:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Has Jackson declared yet? I still can't get AJ Espensa working him over badly in that Bowl game out of my head lol.

I think Jackson has not declared as of 1/11.  But he is projected to go in first round if he should declare.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote