Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 March Draft Challenge
Use the TDN https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine or Fanspeak https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php sites to make your 7 round drafts.  

Label your draft by either TDN or Fanspeak.  Use the latest big board for each site.  Only submit one draft per Month.  Winner will be announced sometime in the first week of April.  Good luck!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My March draft is from fanspeak this time, using their big board which is certainly a bit different than tdn. All my picks were at or near the top of the list on what they had as bpa. Im also assuming we get at least 1 LB in FA like Joe Scho or Nick Kwit and some help on the OL in FA because I think we will.

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Justin Madubuike DT A&M
3. AJ Terrell CB Clemson
4. Anfernee Jennings DE Bama
5. Quintez Cephus WR Nebraska
6. Willie Gay LB Miss St (High risk high reward)
7. Tommy Kraemer OG Notre Dame
Reply/Quote
1.Joe Burrow, QB

2.Grant Delpit, S

3.Brandon Aiyuk, WR

4.Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB

5.Solomon Kindley, G

6.Anfernee Jennings, Edge

7.Chase Claypool, WR

Used TDN's Sim
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 12:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: 1.Joe Burrow, QB

2.Grant Delpit, S

3.Brandon Aiyuk, WR

4.Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB

5.Solomon Kindley, G

6.Anfernee Jennings, Edge

7.Chase Claypool, WR

The mock simulator has downs I mean the last three picks in this mock quoted could all go in the first...
Reply/Quote
1. 1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU - Captain of the Offense

2. 33 Patrick Queen, LB LSU
 - Captain of the Defense, quick, smart, can actually cover receivers

3. 65 Van Jefferson, WR, FLA - his stock is rising, had to take him earlier than I'd hoped, but shows alot of upside as route runner

These next two picks presume we didn't do much to address OLine needs in FA - subject to change in April

4. 97 Ben Bartch, OT St. John - developmental RT, I guess we live another year with B. Hart at RT

5. 129 Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia - could start this year or spend a year shedding enough weight to improve his mobility

6. 160 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest – listed as OLB, but I could see Anarumo using him in multiple spots to atone for losing out on Zach Baun

7. 192 Shyheim Carter, S Alabama - potential nickel corner if Dennard leaves, and if Phillips gets more time on the outside
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 11:39 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: The mock simulator has downs I mean the last three picks in this mock quoted could all go in the first...

After Claypool ran that 4.42 at the combine, I would sprint to the podium if he was still there at 33.  A guy with his size,speed, and catch radius paired with Burrow's ball placement is criminal.  However, I guarantee they haven't updated their board for the combine.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 01:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: After Claypool ran that 4.42 at the combine, I would sprint to the podium if he was still there at 33.  A guy with his size,speed, and catch radius paired with Burrow's ball placement is criminal.  However, I guarantee they haven't updated their board for the combine.

Agree.  wow.  MegaPool. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 01:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: After Claypool ran that 4.42 at the combine, I would sprint to the podium if he was still there at 33.  A guy with his size,speed, and catch radius paired with Burrow's ball placement is criminal.  However, I guarantee they haven't updated their board for the combine.

At 33 we need to take either Mims or claypool imo it’s that simple.
Reply/Quote

Yeah that raised his draft status in a big way. That dude is a beast, and he is a nasty physical blocker too. I'm seeing defense at 33 and think thats what they will do, but if they draft Claypool I wont be whining a bit. I just dont know he makes it out of the first after his combine performance. He is getting Calvin Johnson comparisons now.
Reply/Quote
I used TDN predictive:

1) Joe Burrow-QB LSU

2) Kenneth Murray-LB Oklahoma

3) Isaiah Wilson-RT Georgia

4) Bradlee Anae- EDGE- Utah

5) Tyler Johnson- WR Minnesota

6) Antoine Brooks JR. S- Maryland

7) Davion Taylor LB- Colorado
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 06:55 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I used TDN predictive:

1) Joe Burrow-QB LSU

2) Kenneth Murray-LB Oklahoma

3) Isaiah Wilson-RT Georgia

4) Bradlee Anae- EDGE- Utah

5) Tyler Johnson- WR Minnesota

6) Antoine Brooks JR. S- Maryland

7) Davion Taylor LB- Colorado

lol, I know you used a simulator, but 2-5 will ALL be gone by their point in your draft lol.

That would probably be the greatest draft (on paper) in Bengals history.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I used thedraftnetwork. First time ever being on there. I like that site a lot.

Joe Burrow
, QB
LSU

Kenneth Murray
, LB
Oklahoma

Isaiah Wilson
, OT
Georgia

Thaddeus Moss
, TE
LSU

Michael Pittman Jr.
, WR
USC

Anfernee Jennings
, EDGE
Alabama

Tanner Muse
, S
Clemson
Reply/Quote
A lot of good mocks this month, I would be happy with most of these. Thrilled actually.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow QB LSU
Denzel Mims WR Baylor
Malik Harrison LB Ohio State
Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska
Calvin Throckmorton OT Oregon
Patrick Taylor Jr RB Memphis
Raekwon Williams DT Michigan State
Reply/Quote
I used TDN:

1. Joe Burrow QB, LSU
33. Patrick Queen LB, LSU
65. Brandon Aiyuk WR, ASU
97. Darnay Holmes CB, UCLA
129. Alton Robinson Edge, Syracuse
160. Justin Herron OT, Wake Forest
192. T.J. Brunson LB, South Carolina

The Joe Burrow pick is obvious. 

I was surprised to see Queen at 33. I am not certain he will be there, but I think the reason was because TDN has probably updated their board for the combine by now. That resulted in a lot of players jumping up to the first round. Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Cole Kmet, Cesar Ruiz and, oddly enough, Lloyd Cushenberry. There was also a run on CBs, with Henderson, Fulton, Gladney, Igbinoghene and Diggs all going in the first round.

This pushed down some premium talent, and I had my choice between Josh Jones and Patrick Queen. I chose to go with Queen because the linebackers in this draft are a bit...sketchy past the top 2 or 3. OT is a position that I personally would like to upgrade, but considering how Hart's season appeared to be approximately average to slightly above average and Fred Johnson was very good to close the season, I'm not so sure that the Bengals are prepared to spend a premium pick there. I also happen to know that this class has a couple of OTs whose stock plummeted after the combine because they were so unathletic. I bet I could grab one of them in the later rounds.

Brandon Aiyuk in the 3rd is also incredible and, again, I have my doubts that he'll fall this far. I don't think he's a first round pick anymore, as he is pretty solidly the 10th best receiver in this class behind Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, Mims, Shenault, Higgins, Reagor and arguably Hamler. He is also competing with Peoples-Jones for that 10th best WR slot, so I think him dropping to the 3rd is...feasible, if unlikely. But he gives Burrow that big play threat that he so greatly enjoyed in Ja'Marr Chase (not saying Aiyuk is to that level, of course).

Darnay Holmes will replace Dennard or Dre, whoever we lose (I think we either cut Dre to keep Dennard or let Dennard walk. Not sure which way they're leaning at this point). He's a good press corner who may be more suited to the slot because of his size. Amik Robertson was also there, so I could have gone with him as well. They are pretty similar in their traits, but Holmes is just a little bigger, which gave him the edge for me since Amik cannot be on the outside at 5'9" 172 lb.

From the 5th on, I just started drafting athletes. The chances of getting a starter this late are remote and that proved to be the case in this particular mock draft.
I wasn't thrilled with my options in the 5th. I was hoping Akeem Davis-Gaither would be there, but he was taken at the end of the 4th round. But Alton Robinson has some very intriguing physical traits. He's got a great first step and has great short area quickness. He's still a raw prospect and will need to learn to be a player rather than athlete, but if he can put it together, he could be a steal. I see him as a poor man's Carl Lawson who may actually be able to stay healthy.

In the 6th, I had the choice between Trey Adams, Calvin Throckmartin, Charlie Heck and Justin Herron at OT. I ended up going with Herron for a few reasons.
Herron is actually a good athlete. He can move in space and showed well as a pass blocker at Wake Forest. He also has the added bonus of being short enough to realistically fit at guard, should we choose to go that direction.
Trey Adams and Calvin Throckmartin, on the other hand, are arguably more accomplished prospects, but they are so unathletic that I would question if they can even stick at RT, especially with pass rushers on the right side becoming more athletic over time. Ordinarily, OTs that aren't athletic enough to be OTs can move into guard, but Adams is like 6'8", so he'd undeniably get in Burrow's throwing windows. And Throckmartin could move into guard, but he is a very upright blocker, so his 6'5" frame may present the same problem as Adams'. He also has super short arms at 32 1/2"...
Heck is another super tall OT would wouldn't be able to move into guard if needed.

And in the 7th, I wrap with T.J. Brunson. He's an undersized linebacker at 6'1" 219lb, and he was snubbed at the combine. I could see him playing a more LB/S hybrid role as he is a very physical presence on the field with a high motor. He is a three year starter and two year team captain in the SEC who seems to have great instincts though, so there's some potential despite being merely average physically.
Hey, if you can get a contributor of any kind out of the 7th, it's a win right? :)
Reply/Quote
Fanspeak

1: R1P1

QB JOE BURROW
LSU

33: R2P1

XAIVER MCKINNEY
ALABAMA

65: R3P1

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE

104: R4P1
WR BRYAN EDWARDS
SOUTH CAROLINA

147: R5P1
STEVEN GONZALEZ
PENN STATE

180: R6P1
LB SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN
MIAMI

215: R7P1
EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH
CHARLOTTE
Reply/Quote
This one was from the draft network:

1. Joe Burrow- QB
2. Kenneth Murray- LB
3. Cameron Dantzler- CB
4. Chase Claypool- WR
5. Anfernee Jennings- Edge
6. Trey Adams- OT
7. Tanner Muse- S
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 10:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Use the TDN https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine or Fanspeak https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php sites to make your 7 round drafts.  

Label your draft by either TDN or Fanspeak.  Use the latest big board for each site.  Only submit one draft per Month.  Winner will be announced sometime in the first week of April.  Good luck!

The simulator was fun but probably not realistic after round 2.  Here's what I chose:

[*]1 - Joe Burrow, LSU QB

[*]2 - Patrick Queen, LSU LB

[*]3 - AJ Terrell, Clemson CB

[*]4 - Darrell Taylor Tennessee EDGE

[*]5 - Jack Driscoll Auburn OT

[*]6 - Tyler Clark, Georgia IDL

[*]7 - Jauan Jennings, Tennessee WR
Reply/Quote
1 Joe Burrow QB LSU - Obvious.

33 Lucas Niang OT TCU - Has all of the tools to bookend at RT.  Length, power, mobility, coachability, and leadership.  Concerns about a hip injury and pass set polish are what keep him out of the first round.

65 Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona State - Quick, fast, smooth.  Can stretch the field or make plays after the catch.

97 Davon Hamilton IDL Ohio State - Getting run on is bad.  Guys like Hamilton are good.  Size and power are excellent.  Possesses enough quickness and athleticism to be scheme flexible.  Development in handfighting and pass rush moves could make Hamilton a very good player in the pros.

129 Solomon Kindley IOL Georgia - Phone booth trench brawler type of guy.  Raw, but has the sand to hold his ground against power.

160 Justin Strnad LB Wake Forest - Rangy LB.  Didn't test all that well at the combine, is somewhat raw, and had a bicep injury; but has displayed some good traits for a downhill WILL backer.

192 Patrick Taylor Jr. RB Memphis - "Built like a comic book hero" lol.  This roster needs a short yardage back who can punish finesse defenses.

TDN Predictive Board
Reply/Quote
1. Joe Burrow QB LSU - Enough has been said about this pick

33. Denzel Mims WR Baylor - Neither Queen or Murray fell to the second round for me. Mims is an outstanding athlete that adds some speed to our offense.

65. Jeremy Chinn S Southern Illinois - Rising prospect. Tested like an elite athlete at 6'3 221 and ran a 4.45 40. A Hybrid S/LB that can help out our linebackers. Daniel Jeremiah believes he can play LB. Would pair well next to Pratt. Isaiah Simmons lite

97. Damien Lewis G LSU - Whether or not the Bengals bring in a FA guard they should still look to add to the line. Lewis was rock solid for LSU and played well at the Senior Bowl. Could potentially start at G, but at the very least he will bring some competition to the line.

129. Alton Robinson DE Syracuse - Smaller defensive end at 6'2 264, but is an explosive, productive athlete. Developmental pass rusher with high upside. Had two sacks at the senior bowl.

161. Michael Pittman WR USC - This is probably the most unrealistic pick of mine. I think when it's all said and done he will be a late third or fourth rounder. Not the most athletic guy but tested well enough. Strong WR that doesn't allow corners to bully him because of his size at 6'4 223. Great hands. Watching Burrow throw to Mims and Pittman for the next four years would be so much fun.

193. Calvin Throckmorton OT/G Oregon - He's a project that will likely switch to guard. Best case scenario is he will develop into a decent swing tackle and a serviceable backup. Probably not starter material.
Reply/Quote