Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Mock Draft
1st Round - Joe Burrow (Quarterback) LSU - I wouldn't mind Justin Herbert here also but I like Burrow's accuracy and leadership a little more at the moment.

[Image: 42791921900_3a2ea6045f_b.jpg]

2nd Round - Kenneth Murray (Linebacker) Oklahoma - The type of athlete this team needs at Linebacker. This guy looked amazing against Texas this past weekend.

[Image: 5d6c71cfa82fc.image.jpg?resize=400%2C267]

3rd Round - Trey Adams (Offensive Tackle) Washington - If it wasn't for the injury history this guy would be viewed as a late 1st to early 2nd round guy.

[Image: 150689_LW_UWvsUSC_57-780x606.jpg]

4th Round - Tommy Kraemer (Guard) Notre Dame - Keep taking shots at Offensive Line until we find a solid 5.

[Image: kraemer-copy.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

5th Round - Malik Harrison (Linebacker) Ohio State - He has not taking the next step that many assumed he would this year but similar to Offensive Line we need to find quantity and quality for this position so continue drafting this spot.

[Image: MalikHarrisonMichigan.jpg]

6th Round - Levonta Taylor (Cornerback) Florida State - Depth at CB and special teams.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

7th Round - Jon Runyan (Michigan) Offensive Tackle - Keep bringing in competition on the O-Line.

[Image: 20181009_fbl_runyan_2.jpg]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
If it wasn’t for the injury history trey Adams would be a top 5 player
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If it wasn’t for the injury history trey Adams would be a top 5 player

Agreed. Adams was on track to be a Top 10 player prior to his two big injuries the past two years. Now, the injuries give a big red flag. 
Will he drop to Rounds 2-3 due to injury concerns or will a team take the gamble on him in the 1st round like the Bengals did with John Ross? We'll see come draft time.
FWIW, I'm fine if the Bengals want to take the risk on Day 2 with him, but I can see why they'd want to avoid him after what they've gone through with Ross (and others). 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. Adams was on track to be a Top 10 player prior to his two big injuries the past two years. Now, the injuries give a big red flag. 
Will he drop to Rounds 2-3 due to injury concerns or will a team take the gamble on him in the 1st round like the Bengals did with John Ross? We'll see come draft time.
FWIW, I'm fine if the Bengals want to take the risk on Day 2 with him, but I can see why they'd want to avoid him after what they've gone through with Ross (and others). 

1st round? No. 2nd? In a trade back? Yes. But not in the 30s. But yes he was talked about like Thomas is being talked about now. If he stays healthy he’ll be a top tier elite left tackle. I’d take him over prince in the 2nd. But not in the high 30s. Mid 40s? U gotta take the chance
Reply/Quote
I say NO to athletes with injury flags. Just no.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:11 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I say NO to athletes with injury flags.  Just no.

Bengals are in a dilemma. They need a new QB, LB, and OT. They don't have multiple 1st or 2nd round picks. So unless they participate in FA appropriately, they would have to get one of those positions in 3rd round (or later). Given the talent vs others by the 3rd round, Bengals might be best to take a chance on Adams vs a different OL. Or they could go OT in Rd 1 or 2 but then they could (would) get lesser talent at QB or LB.

FWIW, this draft doesn't have great LBs, so I think if they had to choose one position to go after in FA, it should be LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Love the draft and targeted positions. Love idea of picking multiples at need positions.

Provided that the bengals don’t have multiple high picks but have multiple needs, what are your thoughts on trading back? Deep QB class, am I right? Will we see though a run at QBs early in first rd?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 12:33 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Love the draft and targeted positions. Love idea of picking multiples at need positions.

Provided that the bengals don’t have multiple high picks but have multiple needs, what are your thoughts on trading back? Deep QB class, am I right? Will we see though a run at QBs early in first rd?

I think if they find "their guy" then they have to take him right away. I think Burrow or Tua might be that guy. This QB class has interesting prospects like Hurts and his running ability, along with Eason and his deep passing skills, but to me Burrow is on a whole other level with his overall skill and if I am picking in the top 2 then I take him. Maybe they could then trade down with that early 2nd round pick though to collect more assets or if they were smart about it (which they aren't) they would start trading some aging talent for mid round picks now.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:11 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I say NO to athletes with injury flags.  Just no.

Ditto. Screw the guys that drop due to injuries. Draft "healthy" guys. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
love this.
Reply/Quote