Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 NFL re-draft
I always like seeing these, obviously too early to really slot these guys. Good to see Joe Burrow still going one and Tee Higgins going 21.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/nfl-draft-2020-redraft-joe-burrow-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa/
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 08:10 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I always like seeing these, obviously too early to really slot these guys.  Good to see Joe Burrow still going one and Tee Higgins going 21.  

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/nfl-draft-2020-redraft-joe-burrow-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa/

I agree with where Burrow is after year 1, really it is best to wait 3 to 4 years to do a redraft.. will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple years with Burrow and Herbert (who moved up to #2 in the redraft).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 08:10 PM)Big_Ern Wrote:  obviously too early to really slot these guys. 

(07-15-2021, 09:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  really it is best to wait 3 to 4 years to do a redraft.. 

This.

Vince Young was 8-5 as a starter and went to the Pro Bowl his rookie season.  Robert Griffen III was 9-6, finished 3rd in the league in passer rating, and rushed for over 800 yards.

Meanwhile in Peyton Manning's first season he led the league in interceptions, finished 23rd in passer rating, and only won 3 games.
Reply/Quote
Could have been more click bait-ey to put Herbert at 1, though.  It's unfair and situational but it's still common for the second or later QB taken to succeed more than the guy taken first. Burrow can do it, but he's going to be an exception if he does.  

I ain't worried, I'm just saying this article isn't taking some low hanging fruit so good for em.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 11:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Could have been more click bait-ey to put Herbert at 1, though.  It's unfair and situational but it's still common for the second or later QB taken to succeed more than the guy taken first. Burrow can do it, but he's going to be an exception if he does.  

I ain't worried, I'm just saying this article isn't taking some low hanging fruit so good for em.

I agree Burrow should and did stay at #1, Herbert did move up to #2 which I thought was fair to do given the QB situation Washington is in now that is taking nothing away from Young.. but QB is an issue for Washington.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 08:10 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I always like seeing these, obviously too early to really slot these guys.  Good to see Joe Burrow still going one and Tee Higgins going 21.  

Kind of a shame they didn't go 3 rounds.  Would have been interesting.

I wonder if teams do a re-draft in order to compare their draft board to the 'actual' value of where they should have gone?

That would be an interesting self analysis technique that may help in future drafts, eh?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 11:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Could have been more click bait-ey to put Herbert at 1, though.  It's unfair and situational but it's still common for the second or later QB taken to succeed more than the guy taken first. Burrow can do it, but he's going to be an exception if he does.  

Teams picking Top-3 (normally where the 1st QB goes) generally are picking Top-3 for a reason. Add onto that the sheer numbers of 1st QB vs 10+ QBs taken later.

Then you figure the QBs taken mid-late 1st round are often put into a much better situation. Mahomes would have almost certainly been great regardless, but he got drafted by a team that went 12-4 and was good enough to sit him his entire rookie year and still go 10-6 with the 6th scoring offense. Lamar Jackson got drafted by a team that went 9-7 and the 9th scoring offense/6th scoring defense despite having the dead body of Joe Flacco at QB.

Now compare those two situations with someone like Kyler Murray. 3-13 team, 32nd scoring offense, 26th scoring defense. Certainly stacked up against him regardless of talent level. (Forgot to even touch on the whole Andy Reid and John Harbaugh vs Zac Taylor and Kliff Kingsbury bit.)

- - - - - -

As for the actual thread/re-draft bit, it's a bit pointless to do it right now. Right after the 2022 season is the best time to do it (3 seasons in the books). Generally know for certain what you have in everyone by then.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote