Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Prospects Under the Radar
List here players in the upcoming 2020 draft that you think can be stars but are under the radar.

My list:

LB: Toohill; Stanford, can actually cover TE!
Guard: Onwenu; Michigan, a huge man that can play RG and mull people
RB: Gipson; Memphis, a rare athlete that can play WR and 3-down RB.  
OT: McKivitz; West Virgina, raw but has the tools to be a special OT in the NFL
SAF: Muse; Clemson, a huge safety that will play OLB in the NFL.  hits like a truck
LB: Davion Taylor, Colorado, athletic score is similar to Patrick Queen.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 02:26 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: List here players in the upcoming 2020 draft that you think can be stars but are under the radar.

My list:

LB: Toohill; Stanford, can actually cover TE!
Guard: Onwenu; Michigan, a huge man that can play RG and mull people
RB: Gipson; Memphis, a rare athlete that can play WR and 3-down RB.  
OT: McKivitz; West Virgina, raw but has the tools to be a special OT in the NFL
SAF: Muse; Clemson, a huge safety that will play OLB in the NFL.  hits like a truck
LB: Davion Taylor, Colorado, athletic score is similar to Patrick Queen.  

Nice list, Doc...I would have put Gipson (ironically, I have another one) and Muse on my list.  If I heard correctly, the Bengals have spoken with Taylor as well.

Here are some of mine:

RB- Zack Moss, Utah.  Dude averaged over 6 ypc his last two seasons and didn't play in a wide-open offense.  Out of a more traditional set, he destroyed people.  Very elusive, but tough.  Can catch pretty well, also.

WR- James Proche, SMU.  Loved watching this guy.  And there wasn't a whole lot else drawing coverage away from him.  Great hands, route-running, and fights for the ball.  Over 300 receptions and 39 TDs in his college career.  Someone needing a slot WR is going to be VERY happy they got him.  I just hope it isn't pitt. 

TE- Adam Trautman, THE University of Dayton(!).  Sure, he's not a hidden gem, but I have to put the guy on this list.  He is like a big WR and runs like one.  He didn't time very well at the combine, but having watched him play live, I can say he loses no speed when the pads are put on.  Other people just look slower.  

DE- Trevis Gipson, Tulsa.  Love his body, especially his long arms.  Pretty damn impressive bench numbers given those tree limbs.  A very high-motor guy that always finds himself around the football. Doesn't have a ton of pass rush moves or ridiculous bend, but is relentless and can do the proverbial "convert speed to power" when he gets someone moving wide and use one of those limbs to shove him aside.  I doubt he is on the Bengals radar because of the small school, but he screams New England Patriot.

DT- McTelvin Agim, Arkansas.  Played on a horrible defense, but had ridiculous production for a DT on a line of duds.  He is a 3-technique that would fit VERY well with Cincy in terms of giving Geno a blow and could be a steal in a late round.  VERY quick off the snap and was successful for many years in the SEC.  Started as a freshman.  

CB- Kindle Vildor, Georgia Southern.  Not a very big guy (5'10" and 185 lbs) but has underrated athleticism and toughness.  Likes to play press and played outside at GASO, but might make an even better slot CB.  Played some of his best against really good teams with excellent WRs (LSU and Minnesota).  I think those two games will get him on some scouts radar, but he is still projected as a later round pick.  I just love how tough and confident the guy is on the field.  I want Alpha-dogs and this guy won't back down to anyone.  
Reply/Quote
Lots of rumblings of Logan Wilson out of Wyoming as a early day 2 pick right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: Lots of rumblings of Logan Wilson out of Wyoming as a early day 2 pick right now.

Vomit
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:12 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Vomit

Not sure why you say that? He's had triple digit tackles in 3 of his 4 years at Wyoming. His Freshman year he only had 94..... 9 PBUs in 4 years is pretty good from an ILB position also..
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:29 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure why you say that? He's had triple digit tackles in 3 of his 4 years at Wyoming. His Freshman year he only had 94..... 9 PBUs in 4 years is pretty good from an ILB position also..

I think he is a really solid choice for ILB, but not early day two...Maybe middle third round or after, but that position for that player wouldn't warrant an early 2nd rounder from me.  
Reply/Quote
Matthew Peart is a guy that could climb into the bottom of round 2 based on attributes size, length, and feet. Guy has 36 5/8 inch arms lol that's crazy long. Thing is he is still growing into his frame zero bad weight.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: Lots of rumblings of Logan Wilson out of Wyoming as a early day 2 pick right now.

I didn't put him on the list because I think he will go round 3.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Matthew Peart is a guy that could climb into the bottom of round 2 based on attributes size, length, and feet. Guy has 36 5/8 inch arms lol that's crazy long. Thing is he is still growing into his frame zero bad weight.

Pert is new to the game which makes his potential more intriguing.  He needs to add about 25 pounds to his tall frame.   They say he has nice feet work.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

Isn't it crazy how some of these players are rumored to be jumping up/falling down so much? Some of the NFL network guys said last week that after talking to a few GMs that fans are going to be surprised where people go, and that the media's rankings are WAY off this year. 

Early last week, I think Isaiah Wilson was thought of as a 3rd rounder, now it sounds like he could go late first. 

Joe Goodberry was tweeting early today that he heard rumors Patrick Queen could be going late 2nd to early 3rd now. I've seen recent mocks with him in the late teens. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:24 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Isn't it crazy how some of these players are rumored to be jumping up/falling down so much? Some of the NFL network guys said last week that after talking to a few GMs that fans are going to be surprised where people go, and that the media's rankings are WAY off this year. 

Early last week, I think Isaiah Wilson was thought of as a 3rd rounder, now it sounds like he could go late first. 

Joe Goodberry was tweeting early today that he heard rumors Patrick Queen could be going late 2nd to early 3rd now. I've seen recent mocks with him in the late teens. 

Wilson will go in round 2...to the Bengals if Jones is gone.  The only knock on Wilson is his feet work which can be fixed.  He is a mountain of a man.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Davon Hamilton DT Ohio State. Can be a solid rotational interior guy, which NFL.com compares to Pat Sims. Showed strength at the combine, 33 reps, suggesting he could already be capable of some early play.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:29 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure why you say that? He's had triple digit tackles in 3 of his 4 years at Wyoming. His Freshman year he only had 94..... 9 PBUs in 4 years is pretty good from an ILB position also..

Go look at Nick Vigil's stats in college. Logan Wilson reminds me of Vigil who also looked all-world in college. Limited athletic upside and a good college player. In the NFL, you can either define yourself as a MLB by your athleticism (which plays into coverage and securing the edge) or by being superb in defending the run between the tackles. Vigil always looked like he had happy feet which explains his issues in the run game - he was to slow for anything else. I don't know if Wilson has these same issues but he his tape doesn't show the speed or soundness of a 2nd or even 3rd round guy. 

On another note, I also don't like Troy Dye who I think has similar issues. Dye reminds me more of Blake Martinez who many Packers fans thought was overrated. Lots of tackles, but a lot of those tackles came after the RB hit the hole.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Wilson will go in round 2...to the Bengals if Jones is gone.  The only knock on Wilson is his feet work which can be fixed.  He is a mountain of a man.  

I agree with this.  I was really hoping for a WR here, but if Wilson is there he is our RT next year.  I give it less than 25%, though.  Someone at the end of Rd 1 is going to take him. 
Reply/Quote
I really like Matt Peart and of course Jon Runyan who I have been backing for awhile now.

Also SHRacer's guy Damien Lewis for the O-line.

Logan Wilson and Justin Strnad as far as mid round Linebackers besides ADG.

Wilson has been flying up the radar now though, don't want him in the 2nd round too early for a small school guy
that doesn't have great speed sideline to sideline and he isn't a great cover backer, just decent. Still want Wilson
just not THAT early.
Reply/Quote
Potential Bengals Fits

Darrynton Evans HB App. State

Ran 4.41 at the combine at 5'10 203 lbs
Very explosive and excellent vision
Ran mostly in a zone scheme. Would fit well in this offense and blocking scheme.
Can make plays in the passing game. Saw some reps with snatching the ball out of the air and quickly turning up field.
Early draft entrant as a red shirt junior from a smaller school shows me he has some real confidence he can play in the NFL

I keep seeing people talking about Antonio Gibson but Bowden is a much better prospect imo in the same draft range
Lynn Bowden JR Kentucky

Great blend of physical, speed and elusive skills
Sacrificed for his team (including professionally) by moving to QB
Ran the ball 34 times for 233 yards in a bowl game he didn't have to play in
Could be a tremendous value as he could fall in the draft given there isn't a ton of tape of him at receiver
Plays with a tremendous chip on his shoulder and edge
A true leader. Even though his team only through the ball a handful of times a game the wideouts blocked their tails off for him. Willed his team to an 8 win season
Could take reps in the backfield as a running back.
Reply/Quote