Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Republican female/minority candidates
The Democrats' best candidate for 2020 Presidential election may be a white guy who is not young, but I believe they will have multiple women and minority candidates. Republicans will probably do like every party does when they have the incumbent and get behind Trump. But it seems like the most likely opposition, even from within the Republican party, would be a female or minority candidate who feel disrespected by Trump.

So who might be that female and/or minority challengers for the Republican ticket in 2020?

No one still takes Palin seriously do they?

What about Ben Carson or the pizza guy?
I think Ben Carson got torn up pretty good last time around. He's out. It'll be Trump, and any challenger will disappear probably before the primaries even begin.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Call me a sexist and racist, but if the democrats want the white house back I think they should find a white guy to run in 2020. Joe Biden seems like a nasty d-bag, so he'd have a better shot against Trump, in my mind. They'll probably go with Elizabeth Warren and Trump will just make fun of her and do mock raindances until his voter base orgasms with un-PC laughter and gives him a second term.

Er wait...you're talking about minorities and/or women running for president in 2020 as republicans? I can't see any republican who wishes to keep the gravy train rolling daring to take on Trump and his cult.
Nikki Haley

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-19-2018, 04:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote:   It'll be Trump, and any challenger will disappear probably before the primaries even begin.

I agree it will probably be Trump, but there are always challengers.  And really there should be considering Donald did not even when the majority of the votes last time.  When 2020 rolls around and there is no wall on the border and Obamacare is still in place Trump should take some flack from his base.
If Condi Rice doesn't get the Browns Head Coaching job; she'd get a lot of support.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-19-2018, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Condi Rice doesn't get the Browns Head Coaching job; she'd get a lot of support.

Rice is a very intelligent, well-spoken woman, but that Iraq War debacle hangs like a millstone around her neck.
I think that clearly Republicans and their voters always go for the most qualified candidate, without considering race or sex.

Not their fault that it's mostly white dudes.
(11-19-2018, 06:13 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think that clearly Republicans and their voters always go for the most qualified candidate, without considering race or sex.

Not their fault that it's mostly white dudes.

That is exactly what people used to say about white quarterbacks.  "We just play the best guy.  Not our fault that no black guy is good enough to start at QB."

Funny how every other country on earth and every pother party here in the United States have found women and minorities that are qualified, but only the Republican party thinks they have to have white guys. 
The party isn't going to get behind a woman, and it doesn't have any minority candidates remotely close to Trump's popularity. All GOP members aren't white males, but they primarily vote for white males over anything else. If that's your strength, play to it.

Their best hope is to hang onto the party direction and hope Democrats make even worser decisions than the GOP has made the last two years. Which has been their mantra years even when Democrats didn't have any power. Mitch McConnell has been a pro at that, like saying entitlement reform couldn't happen because there weren't enough Democrats. His party had total control... yet entitlement reform was still (according to him) the Democrats' fault.
Republicans have Trump. 30% vote for him because he has ® on his ballot.

Democrats double down and again have someone that nobody is crossing party lines for (and won't mobilize the African-American vote in large numbers), like Warren. 30% vote for her because she has (D) on her ballot.

Kasich runs as an Independent, pulls some of the moderate Republican vote, some of the independent vote, and a little bit of the Democrat vote that isn't anywhere enough to win, but not well enough to win.

Sanders runs as an Independent, pulls a bunch of college kids who don't know anything about life yet (but have that shit easily figured out if you ask them as they sit in their safe spaces and a coloring book) and the aging hippie generation, but also not well enough to win.

- - - - - - - -

The results end up something like...

Trump: 39% (but wins the electoral vote)
Warren: 40%
Sanders: 12%
Kasich: 8%
Libertarians/Green Party: 1%

And the US, having never experienced an election where 4 people drew meaningful amounts of votes collectively lose their shit over the fact that when you figure only ~55% of the country that can vote, do so... having 39% of the popular vote would mean only like 21.45% of the people able to vote, voted for him. Hipsters erupt in riots across the country proclaiming "Nazis, and stuff, man. This is basically like totally a literal dictatorship, bro. I cried and wrote a scathing tweet."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(11-19-2018, 06:46 PM)Benton Wrote: The party isn't going to get behind a woman, and it doesn't have any minority candidates remotely close to Trump's popularity. All GOP members aren't white males, but they primarily vote for white males over anything else. If that's your strength, play to it.

Yeah, I believe roughly 30% of the Hispanic vote are Republicans. I think only ~8% of African-Americans are, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-19-2018, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rice is a very intelligent, well-spoken woman, but that Iraq War debacle hangs like a millstone around her neck.

Ironically, players would rather be waterboarded than drafted by the Browns.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-19-2018, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree it will probably be Trump, but there are always challengers.  And really there should be considering Donald did not even when the majority of the votes last time.  When 2020 rolls around and there is no wall on the border and Obamacare is still in place Trump should take some flack from his base.

Trump can't lose now that he's tipped off his fanbase on how easy...nay, essential it is for them to commit voter fraud to ensure this country isn't taken over by the libs.
(11-19-2018, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree it will probably be Trump, but there are always challengers.  And really there should be considering Donald did not even when the majority of the votes last time.  When 2020 rolls around and there is no wall on the border and Obamacare is still in place Trump should take some flack from his base.

He'll take the page out of McConnell's playbook and say bogus investigations and crooked democrats prevented him from building the wall and taking away his supporters' healthcare, so he needs more time. 

And his base will believe him, ignoring that mostly all he did was give his tax group a break, eased restrictions on his companies and golfed a ton.
Who knew this would morph into a "how bad the GOP/Trump are" thread?

(11-19-2018, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rice is a very intelligent, well-spoken woman, 

Do I have to say NSFW audio?
(11-20-2018, 02:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knew this would morph into a "how bad the GOP/Trump are" thread?

Who thinks it has?
(11-20-2018, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who thinks it has?

uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...................Folks not offering viable candidates, just showing to how the GOP is racist and Trump's base will ignore that he has done nothing but play golf, ect... You know the whole "they are not as aware as we" dynamic (Nobody actually said the exact words I put in quotes, I was merely summarizing the stance. So save the grammar lesson)

You asked for opinions on Candidates in our OP, if you have no problem with it getting derailed I do not. I'll just stop talking about possible candidates and therefore, leave this thread where it lies. 

Of course I could just be seeing things. 

(11-20-2018, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...................Folks not offering viable candidates, just showing to how the GOP is racist and Trump's base will ignore that he has done nothing but play golf, ect... You know the whole "they are not as aware as we" dynamic (Nobody actually said the exact words I put in quotes, I was merely summarizing the stance.  So save the grammar lesson)

You asked for opinions on Candidates in our OP, if you have no problem with it getting derailed I do not. I'll just stop talking about possible candidates and therefore, leave this thread where it lies. 

People should really take this thread more seriously...

(11-19-2018, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Condi Rice doesn't get the Browns Head Coaching job; she'd get a lot of support.

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-20-2018, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...................Folks not offering viable candidates, just showing to how the GOP is racist and Trump's base will ignore that he has done nothing but play golf, ect... You know the whole "they are not as aware as we" dynamic (Nobody actually said the exact words I put in quotes, I was merely summarizing the stance.  So save the grammar lesson)

uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm………..At the time you posted your "poor victim" post there were 14 other posts and only about a third of them were critical of the Republican party or Trump.

Whenever their is a thread about the Republicans actions in an election I am pretty sure some people are going to discuss the shortcomings of that party.  But I did not see it getting "de-railed" at all.

Maybe if you weren't so sensitive.