Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Salary Cap After Dalton cut
Spotrac shows is with almost 26 million dollars after we pay all the rookies.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

CINCINNATI BENGALS CAP TOTALS

Why not add a guy like Clowney? We have more money han both Seattle and Tenn. who supposed to be the front runners

How should we spend the Dalton savings in 2020
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Spotrac shows is with almost 26 million dollars after we pay all the rookies.

Why not add a guy like Clowney? We have more money han both Seattle and Tenn. who supposed to be the front runners

Contending for a title is probably unrealistic for this year, so I'd be ok if they use most of the remaining for extensions.

They have quite a few guys who could be considered for extension:
- Green
- Mixon
- WJ3
- Lawson
- Ross
- Alexander
- Tate
- Shawn Williams

We shouldn't (can't) expect all of these guys to return, but getting 1-2 extended now would be good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Spotrac shows is with almost 26 million dollars after we pay all the rookies.

I think this is incorrect for 2 reasons.

Adjusted Salary Cap

$208,447,093
this number has the 2019 rollover included in it as I understand it. It appears spotrac is considering it twice.

dead cap figure is 9,374,988

You cannot figure in the rookie contracts as $11,873,031. That is incorrect.
For instance, the current top 51 probably has a guy making around 610,000 but once Burrow is signed and his cap number is  $6,580,025.00. Because his cap number is more then it boots off the 610,000 dollar salary making it a net add to the top 51 of $5,970,025.00. So for every pick that gets added to the top 51 that adds less to the top 51 than the rookie contract makes it look like. Realistically, if all 7 picks get added it takes the actual net difference down by the salaries of the bottom 7 of the top 51.

That is why I did the post tonight with every salary included so I could get a round about on the actual top 51 with rookie salary cap hits included and came up with roughly $17,823,000 in current cap space once the rookie deals are signed.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 12:32 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: I think this is incorrect for 2 reasons.

Adjusted Salary Cap

$208,447,093
this number has the 2019 rollover included in it as I understand it. It appears spotrac is considering it twice.

For instance, the current top 51 probably has a guy making around 610,000 but once Burrow is signed and his cap number is  $6,580,025.00. Because his cap number is more then it boots off the 610,000 dollar salary making it a net add to the top 51 of $5,970,025.00. So for every pick that gets added to the top 51 that adds less to the top 51 than the rookie contract makes it look like. Realistically, if all 7 picks get added it takes the actual net difference down by the salaries of the bottom 7 of the top 51.

That is why I did the post tonight with every salary included so I could get a round about on the actual top 51 with rookie salary cap hits included and came up with roughly $17,823,000 in current cap space once the rookie deals are signed.

I posted spotrac numbers and if you go their site they have every salary listed. Then on the right they have their calcualtion. Their calculation includes 11+ for rookies and also has the dead cap money included.

I posted their numbers, not mine.

But point is they are saying we have almost 26 million left, if we use your logic on some salaries removed the number gets higher not lower.

But the question is not to debate the cap number, it is what do yo we do with money.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 12:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I posted spotrac numbers and if you go their site they have every salary listed. Then on the right they have their calcualtion. Their calculation includes 11+ for rookies and also has the dead cap money included.

I posted their numbers, not mine.

But point is they are saying we have almost 26 million left, if we use your logic on some salaries removed the number gets higher not lower.

But the question is not to debate the cap number, it is what do yo we do with money.

I wasn't attacking you. I am saying that spotrac is incorrect. Overthecap has the Bengals at 24M without the rookie cap hits. Spotrac appears to be counting the rollover twice. 
Reply/Quote
Resign Lawson, see how wiljacks does before resigning him. Mixon yes if it's an agreeable number.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Use some on a vet offensive lineman TC cut.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
There will be guys cut during TC and prior to year starting. It is not a bad idea to wait and see if a better starter is cut.

Guys on my list for our money:

1. Peters (Jason)
2. Clowney

But as was said, more likely they use to extend Bengals which also is prudent.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 01:05 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: I wasn't attacking you. I am saying that spotrac is incorrect. Overthecap has the Bengals at 24M without the rookie cap hits. Spotrac appears to be counting the rollover twice. 

It is good.

thought your thread was more about 2021 than 2020.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 01:05 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: I wasn't attacking you. I am saying that spotrac is incorrect. Overthecap has the Bengals at 24M without the rookie cap hits. Spotrac appears to be counting the rollover twice. 

Spotrac isn't incorrect. 
It's at $25 mill. Basically the same as what OTC shows.
What is often misinterpreted with Spotrac is the rookie pool is listed but italicized. This is because it's showing the expected cost of what it will be, but it's not actually factored in yet.
If the rookie pool (expected $11.8 mill) is factored in, it'd be down to $13 mill.
Similar situation with the 2019 rollover, it's just not italicized. But it is factored into the adjusted. It's just showing as a separate line so people can easily see what was rolled over.

Scroll down to "2020 cap totals" to get a better visual of the breakdown.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm predicting most, if not all, of this money goes to Green and Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 11:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Spotrac isn't incorrect. 
It's at $25 mill. Basically the same as what OTC shows.
What is often misinterpreted with Spotrac is the rookie pool is listed but italicized. This is because it's showing the expected cost of what it will be, but it's not actually factored in yet.
If the rookie pool (expected $11.8 mill) is factored in, it'd be down to $13 mill.
Similar situation with the 2019 rollover, it's just not italicized. But it is factored into the adjusted. It's just showing as a separate line so people can easily see what was rolled over.

Scroll down to "2020 cap totals" to get a better visual of the breakdown.

Here is every cap hit from the top 51 added for 2020 in a spread sheet including the rookies. I added the top 51 + dead cap and subtracted it from the adjusted salary (208,447,093) cap which includes the rollover 2019 money. OTC is different because it shows 24M without the rookies salary cap hits.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 11:53 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: Here is every cap hit from the top 51 added for 2020 in a spread sheet including the rookies. I added the top 51 + dead cap and subtracted it from the adjusted salary (208,447,093) cap which includes the rollover 2019 money. OTC is different because it shows 24M without the rookies salary cap hits.

TY

But can we all agree we now have extra money we can spend right now.

How would you spend it? If you think it is 15 million, how would you spend it? If you think it is more, same question.

It is obvious different sites use different methods for the cap, otherwise they would all have the same exact numbers.

I use Spotrac. I have found using this has been accurate as team like the Ravens who it says have no money always seem to find money and sign guys with no cap money????

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 12:32 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: I think this is incorrect for 2 reasons.

Adjusted Salary Cap

$208,447,093

I can't swear by the math, but when we were arguing about the chances of keeping Dalton I I counted us about dead even after paying the rookies.  So without Dalton's contract that gave us $17 + million.
Reply/Quote
I don' really see any free agents I would want to take a chance on, and the only extension I want is Mixon.

Mixon will be the easiest to work out a deal because he is only due to make $1.2 million this year. We would not have to pay him like elite RBs. I'm guessing he would gladly sign a 4 year $32 million deal. That would be the 7th highest average salary for a RB which I think is about his value right now. But best of all for Mixon he could get like $10 million in his pocket today as a signing bonus.

I know RBs wear out quickly, but we could give him a 4 year extension and he would still just turn 27 a month before the final season of the deal.

I have a feeling Mixon could have a huge year and be a lot more expensive to re-sign next offseason. And I don't by the myth that talent at RB does not help a team win.

I think William Jackson will have a bounce back year, but he is too big of a mystery to give a long term extension.

I love AJ, but it would be crazy to give him a long term deal without seeing if he can still play. Even health WRs decline at his age. We have no idea what he will look like on the field.

I still have high hopes for Lawson. I think he might benefit a lot to the switch to 3-4. Even when he did not get a lot of sacks he was still getting "hurries". But, again, I am not willing to give him a big long term extension without seeing another season.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don' really see any free agents I would want to take a chance on, and the only extension I want is Mixon.

Mixon will be the easiest to work out a deal because he is only due to make $1.2 million this year.  We would not have to pay him like elite RBs.  I'm guessing he would gladly sign a 4 year $32 million deal.  That would be the 7th highest average salary for a RB which I think is about his value right now.  But best of all for Mixon he could get like $10 million in his pocket today as a signing bonus.    

I know RBs wear out quickly, but we could give him a 4 year extension and he would still just turn 27 a month before the final season of the deal.

I have a feeling Mixon could have a huge year and be a lot more expensive to re-sign next offseason.  And I don't by the myth that talent at RB does not help a team win.

I think William Jackson will have a bounce back year, but he is too big of a mystery to give a long term extension.

I love AJ, but it would be crazy to give him a long term deal without seeing if he can still play.  Even health WRs decline at his age.  We have no idea what he will look like on the field.  

I still have high hopes for Lawson.  I think he might benefit a lot to the switch to 3-4.  Even when he did not get a lot of sacks he was still getting "hurries".  But, again, I am not willing to give him a big long term extension without seeing another season.

Highly doubt he signs that deal. He's inline for a 4 year, 40-45 mil a year deal with probably 20ish guaranteed.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There will be guys cut during TC and prior to year starting. It is not a bad idea to wait and see if a better starter is cut.

Guys on my list for our money:

1. Peters
2. Clowney

But as was said, more likely they use to extend Bengals which also is prudent.

1. Hell no
2. No

We don't need another CB and keep that prima donna away from this team; he still plays the run like a beast, but he is overrated to death.

As you mentioned, the funds should go towards extensions and front-loading some guaranteed money, since there is no cap rollover.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We should probably roll it over to next year. Combine that with AJs money freed up (yes, I don't think we should keep him), we can continue using FA to fill in the holes for a solid year in 2021. Grab a solid T & CB in FA and take WR round 1 next year.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

The saving will go to the bonuses for Green and Mixon.  
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 02:01 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Highly doubt he signs that deal. He's inline for a 4 year, 40-45 mil a year deal with probably 20ish guaranteed.

Yeah, he could possibly get that much next year IF both he and his O-line stays healthy. And he has only played a full 16 games ONCE so far.

He is only due to make $1.2 million this year.  I am sure he would rather have a $40 million contract than a $30 million contract, but is the gamble worth it when he could end up with only $1.2 million?  No way I would pass up $10 million guaranteed to take that risk.
Reply/Quote