Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Schedule-its out
(05-07-2020, 09:37 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: What? Do you know how hard it is to win on the road let alone Baltimore and Indy? Cleveland will be better than when we played them last year. A lot better. We played them at the perfect time. Man, I'd rather take our last 4 games than the first half of our schedule.  

I disagree on Cleveland.. i don;t see alot of improvement.. and i love how we play chargers at home while they have to travel to Ravens first game.  As for Indy.. we don;t know how well Rivers is going to be and their Defense is suspect... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 08:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Joe v Tua on national tv?

Joe vs. Ryan seems more likely.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It is interesting reading through the different posts. We have known the home and away opponents for months. I am not sure I undersatnd why anyone thinks based on when the games are played makes the games tougher or easier. I could see if we have a bunch of National games on Monday, then have a short week and both games are on the road.

But I do not see it in this schedule. Bye is in the middle and a pretty balanced schedule for us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The schedule isn't that bad, I could see us rolling into that final 4 game grind 9-3 or 8-4 which is a pretty good spot to be in considering we are in year two of an overhaul.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 11:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is interesting reading through the different posts. We have known the home and away opponents for months. I am not sure I undersatnd why anyone thinks based on when the games are played makes the games tougher or easier. I could see if we have a bunch of National games on Monday, then have a short week and both games are on the road.

But I do not see it in this schedule. Bye is in the middle and a pretty balanced schedule for us.

I think it matters when now you compare the other teams schedule when you play them... For example.. We have Chargers who were not very good last year at home first game.. but the Browns have to go to Ravens.. brutal first game and come back and play us on short week.. edge Bengals

Later on in the year... browns goe to Steelers then come to home to us next week.. Another edge... Our travel is very fair through the year.. and look who we have after a bye week.. Steelers. more time to rest, and prepare.. edge Bengals...

So that is why some see games a bit different after they see ALL Teams schedules next to ours
Reply/Quote
For the first time in awhile, I almost feel like the Steelers are our weakest divisional opponents. They have a stout defense, but that offense has a lot of question marks. I think a solid team having a good day should be able to beat them.

Who knows about Cleveland, but the two new tackles are worrisome. I've never been a believer in Mayfield, but if Conklin and Wills can pave the way for Chubb and Hunt, the Browns won't be any fun to defend.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 11:11 PM)samhain Wrote: For the first time in awhile, I almost feel like the Steelers are our weakest divisional opponents. They have a stout defense, but that offense has a lot of question marks. I think a solid team having a good day should be able to beat them.

Who knows about Cleveland, but the two new tackles are worrisome. I've never been a believer in Mayfield, but if Conklin and Wills can pave the way for Chubb and Hunt, the Browns won't be any fun to defend.

Does it though? Ben will be back, and they added Chase Claypool. And with their OL it doesn’t really matter who the RB is. Until I see otherwise I’m assuming the Steelers and Ravens are fighting for the division, and we’re battling the Browns to stay out of the basement.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Does it though? Ben will be back, and they added Chase Claypool. And with their OL it doesn’t really matter who the RB is. Until I see otherwise I’m assuming the Steelers and Ravens are fighting for the division, and we’re battling the Browns to stay out of the basement.

I don't know, I'm not sure Roethlisberger is going to be the same player, and Ramon Foster retired. Pouncey and DeCastro are the only really good linemen they have. Of course, I've been waiting for them to collapse for years and it doesn't seem to happen, but this might be the year on offense at least. Their D will keep them in games. 

But I'm more worried about Cleveland and Baltimore than I am Pittsburgh. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 11:50 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I don't know, I'm not sure Roethlisberger is going to be the same player, and Ramon Foster retired. Pouncey and DeCastro are the only really good linemen they have. Of course, I've been waiting for them to collapse for years and it doesn't seem to happen, but this might be the year on offense at least. Their D will keep them in games. 

But I'm more worried about Cleveland and Baltimore than I am Pittsburgh. 

Ben threw for 5100 yds and 34 TD in 2018 at what 37? If I’m Lou I’m way more worried about him than Mayfield. I know we can beat Cleveland, Pittsburgh is another matter...

Also, that OL still has Alejandro Villanueva as well. That’s 3 Pro Bowl starters.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Does it though? Ben will be back, and they added Chase Claypool. And with their OL it doesn’t really matter who the RB is. Until I see otherwise I’m assuming the Steelers and Ravens are fighting for the division, and we’re battling the Browns to stay out of the basement.

Ben, objectively speaking looks like a pile of dogshit right now.  I doubt he could run a 400 without getting gassed.  Even by his low standards, he's let himself go big time.  Add that to the wear and tear that his age will bring and the recent injury and you don't have anything to be all that excited about if you're a Steeler fan.  His time is coming.  Other greats that weren't piles of chewed bubble gum hit a wall at some point.  Manning did.  Brady has, IMO. His draft counterparts, Eli and Rivers are either out of the league or in the twilight of a career. I feel pretty confident that we won't see then Ben of old again.  

Also, I think the mental decline and departure of AB had a bigger impact on them than they like to admit.  He was lethal when he was available.  There's still a huge void left by him not being there.  Juju showed that he's not quite able to be that guy, and I doubt Chase Claypool is going to come close to bringing that kind of threat, either.

The Steelers are going to enter a period of painful realizations very soon, and the longer they cling to the idea that Ben is going to be on the team the next time they contend for anything, the more drawn out it will be.  I hope they leave him out there for another two seasons.  
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2020, 01:55 AM)samhain Wrote: Ben, objectively speaking looks like a pile of dogshit right now.  I doubt he could run a 400 without getting gassed.  Even by his low standards, he's let himself go big time.  Add that to the wear and tear that his age will bring and the recent injury and you don't have anything to be all that excited about if you're a Steeler fan.  His time is coming.  Other greats that weren't piles of chewed bubble gum hit a wall at some point.  Manning did.  Brady has, IMO. His draft counterparts, Eli and Rivers are either out of the league or in the twilight of a career. I feel pretty confident that we won't see then Ben of old again.  

Also, I think the mental decline and departure of AB had a bigger impact on them than they like to admit.  He was lethal when he was available.  There's still a huge void left by him not being there.  Juju showed that he's not quite able to be that guy, and I doubt Chase Claypool is going to come close to bringing that kind of threat, either.

The Steelers are going to enter a period of painful realizations very soon, and the longer they cling to the idea that Ben is going to be on the team the next time they contend for anything, the more drawn out it will be.  I hope they leave him out there for another two seasons.  

I hope you’re right.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2020, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ben threw for 5100 yds and 34 TD in 2018 at what 37? If I’m Lou I’m way more worried about him than Mayfield. I know we can beat Cleveland, Pittsburgh is another matter...

Also, that OL still has Alejandro Villanueva as well. That’s 3 Pro Bowl starters.

Sure I wish we had Villanueva, but a lot of Steeler fans aren't so happy with him, and he's long in the tooth and in decline as well. Some of their beat reporters are saying he won't be re-signed after this, his contract year. 

Roethlisberger has been talking about retirement for years, and i'm curious to see how he rebounds from the injury. Granted, could be wishful thinking on my part. 
Reply/Quote