Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Top 30 Prospects
New list just came out. Not a lot of changes from last year, but some.

I’m going to be paying attention to Rece Hinds (8) and Michael Triana (29) over the next couple of years, as potential Votto replacements.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/reds-2020-top-30-prospects-list
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 04:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: New list just came out. Not a lot of changes from last year, but some.

I’m going to be paying attention to Rece Hinds (8) and Michael Triana (29) over the next couple of years, as potential Votto replacements.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/reds-2020-top-30-prospects-list

I've been kinda watching pitching prospects. The Reds have been in pretty bad shape with that over last several years. Guys like Lodolo, Kuhnel, and Santillan are showing some promise. Greene with the injury is still probably another year away.

I know a lot of folks are talking up Reds staff but I'm just not so sure we're really as good as some are claiming ? It's very early I know but Iglesias already has me worried ! Miley got smashed his first outing, even Castillo and Sims have had issues. Castillo I'm not to worried about, yet.

I just have a suspicion we're gonna need help on pitching staff before it's over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 03:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been kinda watching pitching prospects. The Reds have been in pretty bad shape with that over last several years. Guys like Lodolo, Kuhnel, and Santillan are showing some promise. Greene with the injury is still probably another year away.

I know a lot of folks are talking up Reds staff but I'm just not so sure we're really as good as some are claiming ? It's very early I know but Iglesias already has me worried ! Miley got smashed his first outing, even Castillo and Sims have had issues. Castillo I'm not to worried about, yet.

I just have a suspicion we're gonna need help on pitching staff before it's over.

Not to mention there’s almost always injuries to deal with. I see Disco and Miley as potential spots that could be upgraded with the likes of Lodolo or Santillan if things change as the season goes along. I don’t think Sims or Mahle are the answer.
Reply/Quote
Mahle's been off to a rough start this spring as did Castillo, but Castillo tossed 5 Ks over 3 today so he'll be ok.. Still unsure about Santillian. He threw with an injury the last part of last year, but did ok after the first couple hits today.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 03:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been kinda watching pitching prospects. The Reds have been in pretty bad shape with that over last several years. Guys like Lodolo, Kuhnel, and Santillan are showing some promise. Greene with the injury is still probably another year away.

Greene is probably at least 3 years away from being a Red, unless they switch him to a reliever. The kid just hasn’t thrown any innings.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 07:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Greene is probably at least 3 years away from being a Red, unless they switch him to a reliever. The kid just hasn’t thrown any innings.

I remember be so excited when they signed him and it's been downhill ever since.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I remember be so excited when they signed him and it's been downhill ever since.

The talent is there but it was always years of development away. I’m more of a fan of taking college kids that have developed way more. You get to skip that process which also allows you to skip any injury risk during that time. This kid is currently as far away now as the day we took him. He seems like a great kid and I wish him the best but he sure wasn’t picked for the near future.
Reply/Quote
I have a bad feeling about Miley. For some reason, and I have nothing to substantiate this with it feels like his glory days are over. Now, he might just right his own ship and pitch great, but for some reason I can't quite out my finger on I think he won't last a full season with the club.. I have a hunch we'll see more of Mahle than Miley and perhaps Lodolo, but I have a feeling it'll be Mahle in all likelihood. There's also a chance we see Antone as well, but Miley I think has hit the end of his greatest days already. I hope I'm dead wrong. There also an outside shot for De Leon even though he hasn't really put up great innings at the big league level as of yet. We shall see eventually. I think of the bunch Antone probably has the best stuff of them all. Whether he can put it all together is anyone's guess.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 11:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have a bad feeling about Miley. For some reason, and I have nothing to substantiate this with it feels like his glory days are over. Now, he might just right his own ship and pitch great, but for some reason I can't quite out my finger on I think he won't last a full season with the club.. I have a hunch we'll see more of Mahle than Miley and perhaps Lodolo, but I have a feeling it'll be Mahle in all likelihood. There's also a chance we see Antone as well, but Miley I think has hit the end of his greatest days already. I hope I'm dead wrong. There also an outside shot for De Leon even though he hasn't really put up great innings at the big league level as of yet. We shall see eventually. I think of the bunch Antone probably has the best stuff of them all. Whether he can put it all together is anyone's guess.

The good thing is that since Miley is only slated as the number 5 is that he will get skipped some at first. I think that if he really stinks it up bad that they’ll only give him about 5 starts and then go in another direction. Miley feels like a depth guy that will be pretty mediocre.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2020, 05:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The good thing is that since Miley is only slated as the number 5 is that he will get skipped some at first. I think that if he really stinks it up bad that they’ll only give him about 5 starts and then go in another direction. Miley feels like a depth guy that will be pretty mediocre.

Depth is only as good as the player selected as depth.. Hey look..I'm not actively rooting against Miley and I hope he has a great season in the same way I hope every Reds player has the greatest season of their careers with the Reds, but he just isn't filling me with enthusiasm. I'd love to see Reed get his act together, but I have my doubts about him as well.

Reply/Quote